Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/26/2005 11:25:24 AM EDT
NTE: Strike & Retrieve is supposedly the Navy's answer to America's Army as a recruiting tool. You have to see it to believe how utterly lame and ineffectual it is. Click the link to find out -- or better yet, save yourself the agony and don't.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 8:41:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Sadly, it IS very lame.

If the Navy wanted to compete with the Army's game, they'll have to make a game where your a SEAL and go through all the training, and hell week, etc.

IMO, thats the ONLY way the Navy could compete with the Army in the video game aspect.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 9:01:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Who are they kidding?? That isn't going to get a single download from someone looking for a "Navy" game. Must be the salt air screwing up their brains.

-d
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 10:49:49 AM EDT
[#3]
I want to see a more honest portrayal.

Being stuck in a miserable bunk below deck where you play ship janator.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 11:13:53 AM EDT
[#4]
The latest commercial I saw was showing lots of missile attack exercises and air defense.

The last line was something like, "Rocket science is better when the rockets are real."

Kind of funny. Not enough to join the Navy. I almost did 20 years ago. Went Army 11B. I got to blow sh!t up and jump outta planes. Too cool.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top