Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/8/2005 11:15:28 AM EDT
Well, I went out and got BHD the day it came out, after it had been pushed back.  Found myself asking why they had to push it back.  Graphics stink, they are on order of the PC graphics from the first DF series games and aren't much to talk about.  The weapons are limited and the optic views are really crappy.  Multiplayer was OK, but I found myself asking "So what?" several times.  The helo and HMMWV rides are kind of like the train at the mall for Christmas.  You get on, ride around the track, shoot at whatever, and then the helo lands.  The HMMWVs don't stop, so you have to run up to them.  The VOV on the 50s through the gunshield sucks to the highest order.  And BTW, run with your knife because you can run faster with whatever primary weapon you have slung.  I guess the knife helps cut the air in front of you.  Whatever.
On the other hand, GR2:SS is kicking ass.  Maps are great, the SCAR is here in several forms, and while you don't get a M82, you do get a .338.  Multiplayer is pretty good, and they have streamlined it some from GR2.  However, the number of enemies is dependant on the size of the map, so sometimes you're stuck with 20 regardless of the difficulty level.  One map on MP (Bunker Hill Redux) takes place at night, and it is so black you can't see much even with NODs.  I haven't played all of theMP types yet, but the Armor Strike and Helo Hunt look like fun.  Helos have really been upgraded.  If you like GR games, you will more than likely like Summit Strike.  For $30 it was well worth it.  Especially since I traded in BHD for it.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 12:32:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Too bad I don't have a MP connection, or else I'd join in on the MP fun.  "Summit Strike" definitely does it right & I'm having lots of fun w/ the SCAR-H .  The enemy & team AI perform pretty well, also.  I was hoping helo hunt was part of the single-play options  Oh well.  It's still good.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 1:12:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Get another controller and do MP on one box with the helo hunt game.
ETA:  The SCARH with 320 is pretty good.  The MG36 is also good if you can't decide between gunner and rifleman.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top