Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/8/2005 5:45:08 AM EDT
Why in the hell are you limited to 6 damn magazines that is fucking stupid.  Why cant you outfit your weapons like you need them.  Why in gods name are you limited in the amount of accesories that you carry.  I am really pissed about the missions too.  For some of those missions the real socom would deploy a whole ranger battalion to deal with some of those threats.  
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 5:51:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Dude, calm down.  Say it with me now, "It's just a game".  Ok, one more time, "It's just a game".  There, now, don't we feel better?
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 5:56:25 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Dude, calm down.  Say it with me now, "It's just a game".  Ok, one more time, "It's just a game".  There, now, don't we feel better?

It really pisses me off when I run out of ammo and have to use the pistol or an enemy's weapon If a seal goes into battle with only 3 or 6 mags he deserves to die for being stupid
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:02:08 AM EDT
[#3]
You  have to use your ammo wisely, and use "found" weapons when necessary.
A covert op is not going to get re-supply every day, I think this is a realistic aspect of the GAME.
On some maps found weapons are there for specific mission tasks.
DaddyDett
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:08:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Stick to Super Mario Brothers, that's WAY more realistic.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:14:43 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
You  have to use your ammo wisely, and use "found" weapons when necessary.
A covert op is not going to get re-supply every day, I think this is a realistic aspect of the GAME.
On some maps found weapons are there for specific mission tasks.
DaddyDett

thats right you wont be resupplied so you take as much as you need most seals go with about 20 magazines and a shit load of other weapons.  hell marines in Iraq go with 12 to 20 magazines. there is no realism what so ever with this game.  
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:16:22 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

why would you bring up super mario brothers what in the hell does that have to do with a thread about realistic military games huh
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:19:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:31:47 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

why would you bring up super mario brothers what in the hell does that have to do with a thread about realistic military games huh

I'm sorry, you lost me at realistic military games
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:55:43 AM EDT
[#9]
realistic  
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:37:10 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

sarcasm, heard of it lately?

My god man, its video game, and limiting the mags isnt the end of the fucking world, but i cant wait till SOCOM3, i can mod any weapon in the game, etc, itll also have something like 10 mags is what i heard...
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 12:28:56 PM EDT
[#11]
You need to calm down, if you don't like it then step away from it for a little while. Some games are frustrating, don't play those if you just want to relax.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 10:12:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Same thing bugged me about Rainbow Six 3. I get either a suppressor or a scope. Can't have both.

And its either 3 frag and 3 smoke/flashbang. Can't have 2 of each.

But it is just a game. Besides, that's what Mods are for.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 8:17:29 AM EDT
[#13]
realism, in a video game, that is stupid. And you cant aim because i have never ran out of bullets
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 8:21:00 AM EDT
[#14]
use the ak105 it takes them down fast and it uses the same ammo that most of them have on them
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 8:35:01 AM EDT
[#15]
i have to agree with jaqattack02. just relax, your playing a game. their not supposed to take this much tought.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 6:42:20 PM EDT
[#16]
There is plenty of ammo in the game, you just may need to switch weapons to take advantage of it. having your squad kill the enemy helps too.

The thing I hate the most, is how stupid your team members can be, either getting stuck in ceartain areas of the map, running right in front of MG bunkers, or standing right in the middle of a market as they get cut to shreds by half a dozen snipers on the rooftops.

Best moment by far, was instructing the team to place a satchel behind an AA tank, and all three of the dumbasses crouching right on top of the satchel as I am running like hell to get away...then BOOM!....mission failed..team killed...
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 8:47:27 PM EDT
[#17]
yeah that is dumb as hell, i learnred to tell them to follow as soon as i tell them to plant, do you guys play online?
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 4:25:33 AM EDT
[#18]
This gameteam  and its creators have stressed time and time again in many E3 conventions that this is the most realistic combat game on the market today. I have simply challenged that claim this game is not realistic in weapons selection in ammo capacity and in mission realness.  The creators claimed during their first interview that because they went to actual seals to get feedback that their game is the most realistic war game on the market.  I think that this game is unrealistic and have tried to state why!  
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 7:09:16 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
You need to calm down, if you don't like it then step away from it for a little while. Some games are frustrating, don't play those if you just want to relax.

No shit mang! When you step away for a day or two you might even play better. Remember too that the video game industry is not unlike Hollywood ... reality takes a back seat to entertainment value. Those things you gripe about are other peoples likes in a game. And I really cant see them getting real special forces input to any great length.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 6:04:37 AM EDT
[#20]
If that makes you that mad..join the Navy..I'm sure that once you become a real Navy SEAL that they will let you carry all the ammo you want...
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 6:22:54 AM EDT
[#21]
I like the game overall, but I don't like the extremely slow rate of fire from the M4's and the fact that your squad will bounce grenades off of a door frame and blow you up.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 4:17:06 AM EDT
[#22]
Most tactical shooters only allow 6 mags for the main rifle, and 2 mags for the pistol.

I played SOCOM 1 and wasn't impressed at all.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 9:13:40 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
If that makes you that mad..join the Navy..I'm sure that once you become a real Navy SEAL that they will let you carry all the ammo you want...

I have already been a soldier for six years with rotations to Bosnia Kosovo and the Stan their Tiger.  I have seen and met members of Delta and Special ops.  I have served as a medic with LRS teams. I think I know that real SEALs dont limit themselves to six mags.  If you dont know me dont assume I dont know what I am talking about slick it makes you sound ignorant!

I dont give a shit if the spelling is not correct I am not an editor
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 9:21:10 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have already been a soldier for six years with rotations to Bosnia Kosovo and the Stan their Tiger.  I have seen and met members of Delta and Special ops.  I have served as a medic with LRS teams. I think I know that real SEALs dont limit themselves to six mags.  If you dont know me dont assume I dont know what I am talking about slick it makes you sound ignorant!

Dude...lighten up..it's a fucking game. If you been there and done that, then why are you complaining about a stupid video game?

You want a ton of ammo for your spray and pray play...get Blackhawk Down, Kill Switch, Shadow Ops...or go outside and shoot real guns...hang out with your Spec Ops buds..

Sunlight is our friend....
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 9:30:50 AM EDT
[#25]
just get the SR25 and shoot them in the head. I play online and your complaning about ammo is just stupid, i have never ran out even online.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 9:42:34 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
just get the SR25 and shoot them in the head. I play online and your complaning about ammo is just stupid, i have never ran out even online.

Thats fine for an online game but on single player at the highest difficulty level you cant just stand back with an sr25 and take pop shots when you feel like it you will quickly burn threw all of your ammo in the process of taking on the computer in the course of a mission.  Most missions in that game are unsuitable for the sr25 only.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 9:46:25 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dude...lighten up..it's a fucking game. If you been there and done that, then why are you complaining about a stupid video game?

You want a ton of ammo for your spray and pray play...get Blackhawk Down, Kill Switch, Shadow Ops...or go outside and shoot real guns...hang out with your Spec Ops buds..

Just because I have been to a few hot spots doesnt mean I dont like to play video games a lot. Now that I am a student I am to poor to do anything but play video games. I am sorry if I offended you but you did fire the first shots.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 11:23:53 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just because I have been to a few hot spots doesnt mean I dont like to play video games a lot. Now that I am a student I am to poor to do anything but play video games. I am sorry if I offended you but you did fire the first shots.

Dude..you didn't offend me..no harm done...

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 4:43:51 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not to give you advice like Im your daddy or something, it is friendly advice I want to offer to someone who may have a similar temperment to my own. My personal experience is if you exude negative you recieve negative whether it be the way you carry yourself or what you write in a gun-nut/video game forum. The guys knew you werent "firing shots" at them but opened fire on you cause you were were locking and loading for next to no reason ... in other words you were obviously pissed off so they got pissed of at you getting pissed off. LOL sounds strange but it happens all the time.  

When you graduate not getting pissed at Navy Seals pick up a copy of Resident Evil Code Veronica ... that aught to take you to a whole new level of tolerating a fun but total BS game. Take care and have fun.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 3:34:20 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

I've run out in real life. But then I crack open another case and get busy with my Lula.
I carry no less than about 10-15 30rd mags at the range. I think I need a dolly to haul all the ammo though.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 3:50:49 AM EDT
[#31]

Link Posted: 8/16/2005 7:22:56 AM EDT
[#32]
If i can getkills online with a real player shooting back at me then you must suck if you cant play single player. for
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 8:04:23 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
If i can getkills online with a real player shooting back at me then you must suck if you cant play single player. for

When people play online they are not following a preset mission that requires players to engage hostile computer controled opponents. I can stand back all day on line and not use up all my ammo.  When I have to follow a path that is require for a mission it makes sniping from a distance a non issue.  M'kay
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 9:59:31 AM EDT
[#34]
Do you want to know how to beat the missions? Just give the others guys sniper rifles and tell them to fire at will,they will kill almost everybody for you.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 7:06:40 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Do you want to know how to beat the missions? Just give the others guys sniper rifles and tell them to fire at will,they will kill almost everybody for you.

Are you for real. Holy shit I will have to try that thanks. Shit that would be cool. I have own this fucking game since day one and didnt know that shit thanks
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 7:54:46 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
This gameteam  and its creators have stressed time and time again in many E3 conventions that this is the most realistic combat game on the market today. I have simply challenged that claim this game is not realistic in weapons selection in ammo capacity and in mission realness.  The creators claimed during their first interview that because they went to actual seals to get feedback that their game is the most realistic war game on the market.  I think that this game is unrealistic and have tried to state why!  

Of course the CREATORS are going to TALK UP THEIR OWN GAME.. otherwise they wouldn't be doing there jobs. I have yet to see a game review mag or the like, refer to SOCOM as a "realistic combat" game. As for realistic, I'd go with America's Army... made by actual military and no respawning crap when you die.

-d
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 8:44:40 AM EDT
[#37]
+1
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:52:21 PM EDT
[#38]
Not to mention in SOCOM the move and shoot aspect isn't really realistic.  I can score headshots while running, with burst fire.  Ease of movement (or lack there of) is one thing most games don't account for.  

I liked America's Army.  You couldn't just zip around the map while popping heads.  Same with Flashpoint.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top