Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/20/2022 1:52:31 PM EDT
Damn game is more like playing with Microsoft Excel spread sheets than an actual AAA video game title.  I suppose if you have autism or are able to dedicate a sad amount of time playing a video game to learn its UI it might be fun, but I was literally finding myself going through the menu options longer than I was actually playing the game.  

Ghost Recon Breakpoint is just overloaded on the customization options and just ADHD story wise.  Are all the Ubisoft games like the newer Assassins Creed and other titles like this now?  I haven't played a Ubisoft game since the days of Splinter Cell "Blacklist."  If they're all like this now I'll just avoid them in the future and save my money.

Link Posted: 8/20/2022 2:01:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Ghost recon: Wildlands was AMAZING probably one of my favorite games! I would probably still be playing it now if it wasn’t for all the cheaters that showed up after a while on PVP and they (developers) left it in the dust when starting break point. Breakpoint was a money grab and they rushed production. Trying to keep the momentum going on the heals of Wildlands. They should have just been doing updates and content on Wildlands. I know there are still communities who love Wildlands. I go back and play the “single player” from time to time, but it’s rare these days.

Just know that almost all of the Community that loved Wildlands HATED breakpoint.
Link Posted: 8/21/2022 2:12:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ghost recon: Wildlands was AMAZING probably one of my favorite games! I would probably still be playing it now if it wasn't for all the cheaters that showed up after a while on PVP and they (developers) left it in the dust when starting break point. Breakpoint was a money grab and they rushed production. Trying to keep the momentum going on the heals of Wildlands. They should have just been doing updates and content on Wildlands. I know there are still communities who love Wildlands. I go back and play the "single player" from time to time, but it's rare these days.

Just know that almost all of the Community that loved Wildlands HATED breakpoint.
View Quote

Yup, just popped out of an hour drunk playing some Wildlands. Sooooooo much better than Breakpoint. Might have to try the Predator mission again. I play solo so it's me and the bots. I've never been able to kill it. I usually run the 249 and a .50 cal sniper rifle but can't seem to take him down.
Link Posted: 8/21/2022 8:52:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Yup, just popped out of an hour drunk playing some Wildlands. Sooooooo much better than Breakpoint. Might have to try the Predator mission again. I play solo so it's me and the bots. I've never been able to kill it. I usually run the 249 and a .50 cal sniper rifle but can't seem to take him down.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ghost recon: Wildlands was AMAZING probably one of my favorite games! I would probably still be playing it now if it wasn't for all the cheaters that showed up after a while on PVP and they (developers) left it in the dust when starting break point. Breakpoint was a money grab and they rushed production. Trying to keep the momentum going on the heals of Wildlands. They should have just been doing updates and content on Wildlands. I know there are still communities who love Wildlands. I go back and play the "single player" from time to time, but it's rare these days.

As long as you never updated your games you can play the predator mission, if you updated it you are out of luck. They removed it because of a licensing thing once they new “predator” game was coming out.
Link Posted: 8/21/2022 9:03:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Me and the Brother in law tried that one many many times, never could beat the predator.  It was an awesome game though, played Coop.  Was hoping the later ones would be similar, but got such bad reviews, haven't even tried.
Link Posted: 8/21/2022 9:31:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Breakpoint was not as good as Wildlands.  I guess its better than Future solidier and the aweful GRAW games, but it's no Wildlands 2.

Wildlands 2 should be set in Ukraine and have more options for vehicles and team loadouts.  That would be awesome.
Link Posted: 8/21/2022 9:32:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Me and the Brother in law tried that one many many times, never could beat the predator.  It was an awesome game though, played Coop.  Was hoping the later ones would be similar, but got such bad reviews, haven't even tried.
View Quote

The Predator mission is no longer there as of about a year or so ago.  Maybe it's still available on PC?
Link Posted: 8/21/2022 9:36:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

Me and my bro finally beat him easy after like the first hundred tries. It took tactical mine placements and also C4. A combination of both actually. A proximity mine plus a C4 with it so the prox mines also set off the C4. It did a pretty good number on him. Also shotguns, I used the double barrel over/under and it messed him up!
Link Posted: 8/21/2022 9:40:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Ubisoft...

Showing us all that it is still possible to have HORRIBLE vehicle controls and physics mechanics nearly 20 years after Battlefield 1942.

These days if you see their name on a release you might as well not even bother.
Link Posted: 8/23/2022 1:51:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Ghost recon: Wildlands was AMAZING probably one of my favorite games! I would probably still be playing it now if it wasn’t for all the cheaters that showed up after a while on PVP and they (developers) left it in the dust when starting break point. Breakpoint was a money grab and they rushed production. Trying to keep the momentum going on the heals of Wildlands. They should have just been doing updates and content on Wildlands. I know there are still communities who love Wildlands. I go back and play the “single player” from time to time, but it’s rare these days.

View Quote

I played Wildlands... but talk about repetitive.

Worst thing Ubisoft ever did was prohibit mods for their games.  

Link Posted: 8/23/2022 4:07:51 AM EDT
[#10]
same here loved wildlands I played breakpoint when it first came out THAT was a money grab Stupid fucking Loot Crates then fucking Robots Ghost Recon was all about realism back in the day WTF. I heard you can turn off the loot crate shit now but still not worth playing especially the fucking Robots

I like the Division but same fucking thing with Division 2 Oh you like our successful games cool we will make you pay to win with loot crates just so you can get better guns to beat the game. What happened to games that were made to be fun and not to make millions off of.

Fucking Halo did it too except that game has good bones if Microsoft would get there head out of their ass the game would have blown out all the shooters released last year
Link Posted: 8/23/2022 12:09:51 PM EDT
[#11]
I enjoyed BreakPoint for what it is. use “classic” weapon mode and just ignore all the customization stuff.

Of the two I def agree Wildlands is the better Ghost Recon game.  But you’ll find folks who think anything after Ghost Recon 2 (circa late nineties) is bullshit.
Link Posted: 8/23/2022 3:41:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Breakpoint is a lot better if you turn up the difficulty, turn off assists and most or all of the hud, skip the cutscenes with the horrific voice acting and animations, and play it like a stealth detective game. I enjoyed it much more that way.
Link Posted: 8/23/2022 4:37:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think it only felt repetitive if you didn’t have the right people to play with. My buddies and I would replay the missions over and over and over again. We’d try to hit it from all different angles. We would do it at night, during the day, only using a knife. No kills, in and out undetected. Loud, from the ground/from the sky. One or two people on over watch at distance. One or two in a bird flying around providing support.

I think it’s all in what you make it and how you play. If you do the same thing every time you do a mission, it will get stale. If you hit it different every time. It is a blast! We would work on having communication and tactics. Was so fun!!!!
Link Posted: 8/23/2022 5:04:26 PM EDT
[#14]
I started playing it again after a big break. I enjoy operation motherland but the monotony is setting in. I want to press through and finish then maybe go back to original story mode. We’ll see…
Link Posted: 8/24/2022 2:55:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Wildlands sucked too. Cool map. No real deep mechanics at all in terms of actual gameplay. Guns feel and sound like shit. GTA has better vehicle handling and physics. Especially the military vehicles which is sad. Sniping and long range are a joke, which is funny when you consider the size and distance of the map. Breakpoint is the same game but with drones, slightly shittier character and weapon customization, and slightly better rp, immersive shit like getting water from streams, healing wounds, character movement on terrain, etc.

A mile wide but an inch deep.
Link Posted: 8/24/2022 3:00:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Wildlands sucked too. Cool map. No real deep mechanics at all in terms of actual gameplay. Guns feel and sound like shit. GTA has better vehicle handling and physics. Especially the military vehicles which is sad. Sniping and long range are a joke, which is funny when you consider the size and distance of the map. Breakpoint is the same game but with drones, slightly shittier character and weapon customization, and slightly better rp, immersive shit like getting water from streams, healing wounds, character movement on terrain, etc.

A mile wide but an inch deep.
View Quote

Yup. No scope adjustments.  Pinpoint accuracy on where you are when you shoot...  

And no feeling of accomplishment as you took over outposts.  It's like the rebels couldn't do shit.
Link Posted: 8/24/2022 3:02:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Doesn’t help that rifles have the ballistics of 45acp in both games too
Link Posted: 8/24/2022 3:35:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
GTA has better vehicle handling and physics. Especially the military vehicles which is sad.
View Quote

Wildlands is one of the first open world games I've ever played in which the driving physics didn't piss me the hell off, especially being an Arma nut. Wow you mean hitting a berry bush at 40kph didn't take out half my health? I didn't decelerate 80-0mph and die upon hitting a pebble??

It's almost like the Wildlands designers wanted it to be fun

They didn't fully succeed, but it's definitely a lot better than Breakpoint. And yeah, I do wish the sniping was a little better. But for what it is, it's fine.
Link Posted: 8/24/2022 6:37:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Wildlands is one of the first open world games I've ever played in which the driving physics didn't piss me the hell off, especially being an Arma nut. Wow you mean hitting a berry bush at 40kph didn't take out half my health? I didn't decelerate 80-0mph and die upon hitting a pebble??

They didn't fully succeed, but it's definitely a lot better than Breakpoint. And yeah, I do wish the sniping was a little better. But for what it is, it's fine.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
GTA has better vehicle handling and physics. Especially the military vehicles which is sad.

Suppressors reduce damage?  

Booo.
Link Posted: 8/24/2022 6:40:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Booo.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Booo.

Yeah, that part makes me
Link Posted: 8/24/2022 7:48:34 PM EDT
[#21]
I have a friend who was consulted on some of the breakpoint Stuff. He partied with them in England and hung out with Jon Bernthal for a bit, and some of their graphics made it on the flair in the game.

I asked him about the suppressors. Basically, the game devs know and acknowledge.  But… they want to nuance the choices in the game, and so suppressors have a downside as well as an upside.  Also true for some of the other firearm accessories sights and foregrips and such.

All that said, when you play the game with weapons in the “classic” style and not the Division style ratings, you can essentially ignore the tradeoffs related to accessories. Build it the way you like and run with it.  

Honestly, if you quit thinking about it as a Ghost Recon game and instead play it like an adventure game it's quite fun.
Link Posted: 8/27/2022 3:20:09 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

I still have not beat the perdator. But Wildlands is good fun. Division 1 is fun. Division 2 not so much. From everything I have seen Breakpoint is a no go.
Link Posted: 8/27/2022 5:31:03 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 8/29/2022 2:24:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

As long as you never updated your games you can play the predator mission, if you updated it you are out of luck. They removed it because of a licensing thing once they new "predator" game was coming out.
View Quote

Yeah, purchased the game years ago but the version I have does not go online. Sadly no mp but all the old bits are still there.

ETA - I did not like Breakpoint when I first tried a demo weekend a year or so ago. I hated all the MP crap in it and still despise the interface. But the devs made it so you could take the MP bits out so you don't have hundreds of people running around that base area and cleaned up a few other areas. Your ai bots are now much better as well. But I hate crafting anything and having to loot for new weapons and gear. I know, some people love it but I just would rather go into enemy bases to get weapons cases etc.

But the world just seems dead. Wildlands felt like a real place. I think that's why I keep coming back to it and Breakpoint has been fired up in months.

Oh well. I hope they come out with a new one that takes what is fun with Wildlands and perhaps puts it in a more suburban area or at least with large towns etc.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top