Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/15/2003 10:12:33 AM EDT
Ghost Recon (PC), America's Army (PC), or SOCOM-2 (PS-2)?

I'm talking on-line gaming. I used to play GR online until the rampant cheating and hacks took the fun out of it. I'd like get back into it, and I heard SOCOM is pretty good.

Opinions welcome.

TIA

Doc H.
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 9:14:40 AM EDT
[#1]
SOCOM is a pretty cool game, but if you're used to PC first person shooters, losing the mouse and keyboard for the PS2 controller takes time to get used to.
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 3:03:40 PM EDT
[#2]
I've played Ghost Recon, though not online vs. other players. But I'm completely addicted to Americas Army, and haven't even touched GR since starting AA. It's realistic as can be, fosters good teamwork, and the publishers of the game work pretty hard to keep adding new features and maps, all without asking for more money (it's FREE!). It also uses PunkBuster so cheaters are pretty rare anymore. Sorry, can't speak towards that other game mentioned.
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 7:47:04 PM EDT
[#3]
SOCOM2 is where its at.

Ghost Recon is nice, but, the play action is a little week. (computer A.I. need improvement)

I still prefer the first SOCOM game when it comes to netplay. (sniping is fun, but will get you booted by people who don't like snipers)

The only "gotcha" for me is that SOCOM/SOCOM2 both support 480p (although, no 16x9 view mode) and have really good weapon selections.

-Warlock
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top