Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/24/2017 12:25:31 AM EDT
Got bored with the game a while ago when I hit that end-game rut and randomness of getting gear made it a repetitive. Played Ghost Recon for a bit, but that too got very repetitive so I took a break. I haven't done any PC gaming since and have been looking for something to waste some time with so I thought I'd fire up The Division and role a new character and start anew focusing more on exploring. 

First thing when I launched U-Play the game had somehow been uninstalled. No idea how this happened, so I had to reinstall it (thank God for fiber optic ISP!). Fortunately once it was re-installed my characters, stuff, and settings were all still intact. 

Anyone still play from time to time? 
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 8:15:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Haven't heard much about it lately on the PC side.  I have a friend who loves it on console, says it controls faster & PvP pretty intense (on consoles).  I never bothered with it because of all the requisite "grind play".

Conversely, if the latest Steam reviews are worth believing, R6: Seige seems to be picking up.  Apparently, it has received a lot of post release updates & tweaks.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 4:05:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Haven't heard much about it lately on the PC side.  I have a friend who loves it on console, says it controls faster & PvP pretty intense (on consoles).  I never bothered with it because of all the requisite "grind play".

Conversely, if the latest Steam reviews are worth believing, R6: Seige seems to be picking up.  Apparently, it has received a lot of post release updates & tweaks.
View Quote
They actually delayed all the content updates this past year to focus solely on client/server performance, bug fixes, and other improvements. Honestly they're putting a ton of effort into supporting the game.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 4:11:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I haven't played it in months. Kinda pissed I paid for it now.

Have been playing a ton of GR:Wildlands but it's getting kinda grindy now and I am not even halfway through all the "zones".

I wish that when you cleared out a town of badguys, you'd get some reward or something (sorta like the Just Cause series).
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 8:32:53 PM EDT
[#4]
I've been playing. They just updated to 1.7 and added "Global Events" where once a month you do missions to farm GE creidt to buy caches with "classified" gearsets which are the green gearsets , but you can reroll 2 talents on them instead of 1 (I believe.. haven't tried yet) and you get 5 and 6 piece bonuses instead of 4 pc bonuses with the standard green sets. The last GE ended Tuesday morning and you could get classified versions of the Lonestar, Firecrest and Final measure sets. PVP is still a shit show with folks running broke gearsets trying to "min/max" to levels of retardation and you can still get e-mugged in the dark zone.

I like it, but it's a grind. No new missions though.
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 3:00:18 PM EDT
[#5]
I still play, a lot actually mostly survival though
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 1:28:21 PM EDT
[#6]
I thought about reinstalling it to see what has changed.  I definitely got my money's worth out of that game but I got bored with the grind.  I hope they can add some new content to it and bring it back.
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 9:19:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Not playing it anymore. I ended up uninstalling it cause everyone on the FL moved on. Was boring grinding on my own.
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 4:19:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Not playing it anymore. I ended up uninstalling it cause everyone on the FL moved on. Was boring grinding on my own.
View Quote
Guilty as charged. I think when Ghost Recon Wildlands came out a lot of people jumped ship to that. What I really didn't like about Ghost Recon Wildlands was that, while it had a co-op mode, unless you and the other players were at the [relatively] same level and working through the same zones, others players gained no benefit from joining your game. And most people who were much further along in the game had little interest in doing co-op with someone much further behind in progress. 

The Division IMO still to this day suffers from poor end-game design. The only real thing to do at end-game is the Dark Zone, and most people [IMO] just wanted to do the PvE content in there but ended up being griefed by the PvPers, losing the gear they spent hours working to get, and quitting out of frustration. 

For me some of the most fun I had was running the Missions (Police Academy, Lincoln Tunnel Checkpoint, etc.) with people on my friends list. But these were just too easy and the rewards too meager. Had the developers instead designed some well thought out incursions and made them like mini-MMORPG raids instead of just one big room with the same waves of MOBs attacking over and over again for 20-30 minutes I think that would have been the end-game PvE content that would have kept people hooked. 
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 10:01:50 PM EDT
[#9]
I play on Xbox and it is way better than it used to be. It is a lot fun. More pve space and more pvp coming this fall. Can't wait
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 5:05:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I play on Xbox and it is way better than it used to be. It is a lot fun. More pve space and more pvp coming this fall. Can't wait
View Quote
Yep.. Just read that the other day. A few more new missions would be cool, I'd rather pvp not be so lopsided with the gear queers that can farm 6-8 hrs a day and getting e-mugged in the Dark Zone trying to do my daily and weekly missions. I've got 2-3 friends that are usually down for a manhunt and we can get 1 or 2 randoms and group up so we can swap around who goes rouge to get on the leaderboards, but other than that pvp is a joke. I like doing the missions, trying out new talents, builds and guns but I can do that in the 3 Borderlands games that I've got. I can grind for about an hour or two for legendary and pearlescent gear and fight bullet sponges without getting e-mugged.
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 1:31:08 PM EDT
[#11]
I still play (SA_Black) but not as much as I used to.  Im looking forward to the next update but still am bored with the grind.  I have decent gear but like you said will still get killed pretty easily by rogues in the DZ and the people who grind gear all day and have perfect setups.  Playing the challenging and legendary missions solo or even with a second person is tough now too because of the grenade bug.    
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 7:28:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

They actually delayed all the content updates this past year to focus solely on client/server performance, bug fixes, and other improvements. Honestly they're putting a ton of effort into supporting the game.
View Quote
While introducing 1300 new bugs

It's pretty much the only FPS I've been playing anymore
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 10:52:18 AM EDT
[#13]
Right now is a good time to play, the global even make getting classified gear sets easy.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 7:50:03 AM EDT
[#14]
After the announcement of 1.8 I am debating on installing it again to give it a look...
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 5:36:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Welp, I reinstalled and have been playing. Really could use some help for the DZ...LOL! I went and rolled some DZ1 solo and was ok until I got jumped by 2 rogues...had my pack on the line and they cut the rope forcing me to come out of cover...LOL!

Was almost extracted too...
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 8:31:50 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Welp, I reinstalled and have been playing. Really could use some help for the DZ...LOL! I went and rolled some DZ1 solo and was ok until I got jumped by 2 rogues...had my pack on the line and they cut the rope forcing me to come out of cover...LOL!

Was almost extracted too...
View Quote
I will join ya! When are you typically on? 
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 11:24:51 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
Early morning or nights on my days off. Still working graveyard.

I'll shoot you an IM  at the start of next week...see if we can set something up for my nights off. I'll shoot DJ one too. I see Jinx on playing For Honor too...not sure if he is still playing TD or not...

I've been trying to grind some new gear here as of late...finally got an Exotic this morning after a few hours of trying.
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 8:11:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I'll shoot you an IM  at the start of next week...see if we can set something up for my nights off. I'll shoot DJ one too. I see Jinx on playing For Honor too...not sure if he is still playing TD or not...

I've been trying to grind some new gear here as of late...finally got an Exotic this morning after a few hours of trying.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds good! 

Where were you grinding for the exotic? I've yet to see any.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 8:00:07 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Sounds good! 

Where were you grinding for the exotic? I've yet to see any.
View Quote
The LZ...doing boss rounds...I think BK dropped the Skull MC gloves. Took a little while though cause I think the percentage for the world bosses to drop is way low!
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 12:10:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 8:52:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I have been thinking of playing again and would love to start a new character/group from scratch and do all the story/explore missions together
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Got bored with the game a while ago when I hit that end-game rut and randomness of getting gear made it a repetitive. Played Ghost Recon for a bit, but that too got very repetitive so I took a break. I haven't done any PC gaming since and have been looking for something to waste some time with so I thought I'd fire up The Division and role a new character and start anew focusing more on exploring. 

First thing when I launched U-Play the game had somehow been uninstalled. No idea how this happened, so I had to reinstall it (thank God for fiber optic ISP!). Fortunately once it was re-installed my characters, stuff, and settings were all still intact. 

Anyone still play from time to time? 

I have been thinking of playing again and would love to start a new character/group from scratch and do all the story/explore missions together
I just got my second character to 30. It had been so long since I had done the story/missions/quests it was fun doing them again. I think what was more enjoyable about it was I wasn't feeling pressured to race to 30 to keep up with others. Just tooling around, exploring the map, doing the quests/missions, etc. is a lot of fun. I've also been dabbling in the Dark Zone a bit solo and the lack of a glut of players in the game defiantly makes it more fun if you're there for the PvE aspect of the DZ. Still get ganked from time to time, but as a solo player you eventually hit a wall with the mobs you can successfully take on. 
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 9:31:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 11:01:27 AM EDT
[#23]
The band is slowly taking shape again...tee hee hee...

You guys got plans for tomorrow night/wednesday night?
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 12:05:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
The band is slowly taking shape again...tee hee hee...

You guys got plans for tomorrow night/wednesday night?
View Quote
Tuesday night would work for me (could join up around 7:30-8:00 pm central time). Wednesday night probably not since I'm flying out of town Friday morning to visit my folks for a week (85 yo Dad's health is slowly failing after some recent mini-strokes a year ago) and won't be back until the following Wednesday. But once I'm back I will be on more (can also do during the day on some workdays).
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 3:25:36 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 9:37:40 PM EDT
[#26]
I guess its a date then fellas! I'll be on around 9 tomorrow night...see u guys then if ur on!
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 12:26:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I guess its a date then fellas! I'll be on around 9 tomorrow night...see u guys then if ur on!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
1.8 patch be dropping soon. This stuff looks like it might be fun for PvE'rs...

West Side Piers
West Side Piers is a new PvE map expansion, located on the western coast of Manhattan. It is here that Agents will experience new narrative elements introduced in 1.8, beginning with enemy factions working together for the first time. As Agents explore WSP North and South, a new dynamic spawn system will push various combinations of enemies to Agents directly. Side Missions will offer specific objectives for Agents to complete in the zone while Assignments deliver timed challenges within limited windows. For all restocking/recalibrating/vendor purchasing needs, Camp Clinton serves as the new social hub for all things West Side Piers.

Resistance
We are implementing new end-game PvE content in Update 1.8 with Resistance. A wave spawner similar to the one in West Side Piers will be used during the activity. Allied units of enemy factions will spawn dynamically and attack in waves as Agents venture further into Resistance. Critical Objectives are urgent challenges that will affect the success of every Resistance run. Agents will need to prioritize these CO’s as failure to complete these challenges will result in an entire team wipe. Wildcards will keep Agents active as modifiers change the way waves are played.
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 12:40:43 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 7:58:40 PM EDT
[#29]
It's 7 CST. I'll catch you guys in the hub.

User: crazymike73
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 9:36:33 PM EDT
[#30]
in game at the hub. no ar15 folks
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 9:54:00 PM EDT
[#31]
couldnt find anybody at the hub or any of the DZ saferooms with the chat function.  my Ubisoft callout is crazymike73 ( I don't change it) hit me up and I'm in for a group.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 12:29:17 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
couldnt find anybody at the hub or any of the DZ saferooms with the chat function.  my Ubisoft callout is crazymike73 ( I don't change it) hit me up and I'm in for a group.
View Quote
Sent you a friend request for UPlay! 
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 12:55:07 AM EDT
[#33]
Shit...I guess I missed you guys...sorry! Ended up passing out at 7...missed the Flyers game too!

Maybe tomorrow night???
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 1:07:13 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 1:11:58 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I won't have any more nights to play until sometime next week.

Max and I tried the Napalm mission on Legendary and got smoked in the third area, which evidently resets the entire instance.  So we said fuck that and blew up two HVTs and a challenge mode Lincoln Tunnel.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Shit...I guess I missed you guys...sorry! Ended up passing out at 7...missed the Flyers game too!

Maybe tomorrow night???
I won't have any more nights to play until sometime next week.

Max and I tried the Napalm mission on Legendary and got smoked in the third area, which evidently resets the entire instance.  So we said fuck that and blew up two HVTs and a challenge mode Lincoln Tunnel.
Ok...sounds good. Maybe try for something next week then. My apologies...guess I am getting too old and can't make it for 26 hours anymore...LOL! Can't wait to hear it from wifey in the am....

I'll keep in touch with you guys...Maybe a 3rd will help with Napalm???
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 1:45:00 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 1:48:22 AM EDT
[#37]
My group of friends played it a bit for a couple weeks awhile back. But we stopped playing again because its just boring as fuck.

It dosent deserve to have Tom Clancy's name on it.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 9:41:25 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 9:29:05 PM EDT
[#39]
Got it buddy!! I'm down next time!
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 11:16:50 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote
I'm off line a week on vacation, and will be back playing Thursday of next week. But hit up DJ and Yugo, they have been on pretty consistently past few days. 
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 12:27:07 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I'm off line a week on vacation, and will be back playing Thursday of next week. But hit up DJ and Yugo, they have been on pretty consistently past few days. 
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'll be on mornings until my days off next week. Wednesday and Thursday of next week i'll be back to nights.

Send a FR on uPlay...name is the same as my forum name.
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 8:55:27 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I'll be on mornings until my days off next week. Wednesday and Thursday of next week i'll be back to nights.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Back from my trip! Guys still playing? Can be on Thursday night around 9pm CST, or off/on during the day on Friday.
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 9:14:10 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Back from my trip! Guys still playing? Can be on Thursday night around 9pm CST, or off/on during the day on Friday.
View Quote
I might be on Friday during the day for a bit. Thursday night might be out though...hockey game then maybe some Destiny 2...i'll keep ya posted.

BTW: beat the challenging Napalm with a random group...what a PITA! The one guy was a BEAST! Had a killer skill build...
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 2:51:06 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 7:27:28 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Come play Destiny2 with us.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Come play Destiny2 with us.
What is it like? Space version of The Division? Co-op shooter like Wildlands? Or on-line multiplayer shooter like Battlefield? Wasn't a game I was following.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 8:42:36 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
What is it like? Space version of The Division? Co-op shooter like Wildlands? Or on-line multiplayer shooter like Battlefield? Wasn't a game I was following.
View Quote
I would say a mash up of Halo and Division. Its a good game!
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 2:58:36 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 4:20:52 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I was going to say Halo + WoW.  Don't find it be very much like Division at all.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I was going to say Halo + WoW.  Don't find it be very much like Division at all.
How accurate is this review?

Link Posted: 10/26/2017 4:38:10 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 4:55:20 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I have to question the review of a shooter game where they reviewer complained about how the game worked when he avoided shooting stuff.

I'm having a lot of fun so far, and there may be story objectives you can get by just running past content, but you cannot complete/get good rewards off spawned encounter without having good gear/tactics.  You cannot win at PVP without good gear/tactics.  You cannot complete the class quests that unlock your subclasses without participating in a hellacious fight.

So far, I'm enjoying .
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
How accurate is this review?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufqZTk1D2xE
I have to question the review of a shooter game where they reviewer complained about how the game worked when he avoided shooting stuff.

I'm having a lot of fun so far, and there may be story objectives you can get by just running past content, but you cannot complete/get good rewards off spawned encounter without having good gear/tactics.  You cannot win at PVP without good gear/tactics.  You cannot complete the class quests that unlock your subclasses without participating in a hellacious fight.

So far, I'm enjoying .
Couldn't have said it better myself!

IMHO, this guy is a jackass!

ETA: I didn't pay $60 for my copy anyways...GMG had it on sale for $51 I believe.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top