Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/22/2017 9:49:44 PM EDT
http://store.steampowered.com/app/529180/Dark_and_Light/

Dark and Light Early Access Launch Trailer

If you like ARK, you will like this.  It's built by the company that owns Wildcard (ARK Dev team).  It is build using the ARK engine.

Instead of Dinos, it's set in a RPG world.  Swords and Magic!

NPC villages and cities.  Three factions.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 4:20:33 PM EDT
[#1]
hmm downloading.... at 600 k... this may take a while
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 11:31:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Played a bit... first impression are.... Chingrish menus.... really really bad misspelling, and other things that just don't make sense... IE I cannot figure out how to sell something....

Graphics do no seem like the trailer... not that they ever do.
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 2:13:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Played a bit... first impression are.... Chingrish menus.... really really bad misspelling, and other things that just don't make sense... IE I cannot figure out how to sell something....

Graphics do no seem like the trailer... not that they ever do.
View Quote
I haven't noticed much "chingrish" other than poorly translated words.

Nothing that has kept me from playing or figuring things out.

Selling the NPC is tricky.  If someone has previously sold, you cannot until the next in game day, or you donate money to that npc.

If you aren't on my server, I recommend it.  Loads of people, almost always full, lots of helpful people.  Plenty of knowledge to go around if you need help.

Discord helps as well.
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 10:48:15 AM EDT
[#4]
So we're a day away from the 2 week mark!

The game is pretty fun, lots to do but lots more still left to be put in.

Anyone interested in joining the server, our discord is full of people to play with.  Feel free to join and do !rank  Faction (Dwarf, Human, Elf) to be placed in the correct rank for your faction.  This allows you to easily see who is playing in what faction so you can organize yourself with those players more easily.

We have done some changes to the server in the past two days to combat the desync issue that the game has.  We have improved the harvest and hitbox desync as best we can.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 1:54:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Just picked this up after watching some videos of it, I like the whole 3 faction war thing a la DAoC. Is any faction under represented on the server or are they pretty much balanced?
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:07:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just picked this up after watching some videos of it, I like the whole 3 faction war thing a la DAoC. Is any faction under represented on the server or are they pretty much balanced?
View Quote
Need to update the OP.

We shut the server down, after about 3.5 weeks a large portion of the game community died.  Literally over night.  The game is fun, but after about a month it gets boring as no content was released, and they took a month to resolve game breaking bugs.  We had a hard time keeping people in the server, couldn't pay the $130 bill to run it.  We had it on a dedicated server box, a regular game server at the time wasn't an option, and when they finally did come out they lagged, so we opted for a lag free server.

Sorry
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 9:16:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Shame about the server, but thanks for the update 

I might wait a few months before I start playing if that's the state it's currently in. If later on when the game has matured a bit and you consider trying the server thing again let me know. I wouldn't mind throwing a few bucks monthly your way to help with the upkeep on a server with a good community.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:52:35 PM EDT
[#8]
The game is fun, but it gets boring after a while.

Not a lot to do but pvp and build stuff.  Quests arent working, the NPC's were dead until about 2 weeks ago and not respawning, etc.

They rushed it because of Citadel, but its good for what it is "now."
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top