Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/19/2016 10:16:19 PM EDT
Titanfall 2 is on sale for 40 on origin, if you use code "TITAN20" it'll bring it down to about $33
Link Posted: 11/19/2016 10:21:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Damn, that was quick.

Hopefully a bunch more people will pick it up on the cheap and keep the player pop up.
Link Posted: 11/19/2016 11:33:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Damn dude, thanks for the heads up!
Link Posted: 11/20/2016 12:42:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Damn, that was quick.

Hopefully a bunch more people will pick it up on the cheap and keep the player pop up.
View Quote

Supposedly last week it had more players than CoD:IW. I just bought it as did 2 friends and it seems like a lot of people on different subreddits are too.
Link Posted: 11/20/2016 12:48:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Supposedly last week it had more players than CoD:IW. I just bought it as did 2 friends and it seems like a lot of people on different subreddits are too.
View Quote

I don't mean it was bad, yet -- I'm just remembering that the pop seemed to fall off distressingly fast for TF1, leaving only a gritty precipitate of impossibly good meth addicts and their damned SMGs.
Link Posted: 11/20/2016 1:21:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I don't mean it was bad, yet -- I'm just remembering that the pop seemed to fall off distressingly fast for TF1, leaving only a gritty precipitate of impossibly good meth addicts and their damned SMGs.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I thought the decline in player base came after the DLC's we released.
Link Posted: 11/20/2016 1:29:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Black Friday @ Best Buy has it for $35 for Xbox One & PS4
Link Posted: 11/20/2016 2:10:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's plausible.

I really hope that the new "all the maps are free" DLC policy of TF2 prevents what happened to TF1 (and, to a lesser extent, what happens to all Call of Duty games), where every new DLC pack creates a new set of modes, a new set of segregated hoppers, a new way of making it more difficult to find a lobby to play with.

I am genuinely irritated by this "playlist"/"hopper" model of segregating players. It's such a shitty way of playing what you want to play, and it has worked so, so, SO poorly in the past. There has got to be a better way that balances the need of the company to keep making money in exchange for supporting their game and the need of the players to be able to find a lobby quickly and efficiently.
Link Posted: 11/20/2016 7:12:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Dammit, I keep seeing deals on games I want to get but my PC is sorely in need of updating.  It won't run this game
Link Posted: 11/20/2016 10:32:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

That's plausible.

I really hope that the new "all the maps are free" DLC policy of TF2 prevents what happened to TF1 (and, to a lesser extent, what happens to all Call of Duty games), where every new DLC pack creates a new set of modes, a new set of segregated hoppers, a new way of making it more difficult to find a lobby to play with.

I am genuinely irritated by this "playlist"/"hopper" model of segregating players. It's such a shitty way of playing what you want to play, and it has worked so, so, SO poorly in the past. There has got to be a better way that balances the need of the company to keep making money in exchange for supporting their game and the need of the players to be able to find a lobby quickly and efficiently.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's plausible.

Yeah, I think that is exactly why it is all going to be free with Titanfall 2. I am pretty fucking stoked,I hope TF2 keeps a strong playerbase!
Link Posted: 11/20/2016 11:00:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Get this game! Seriously!

The singleplayer campaign is epic and the multiplayer is really fun as well!
Link Posted: 11/20/2016 5:36:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Just bought. Looking forward to playing it.

ETA: Thanks for the tip.
Link Posted: 11/20/2016 7:43:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Put a little more time into the MP, hell of a lot of fun. Origin ID: PancakeOfDoom if anybody wants to squad up, also search for the arfcom network in game, looks like somebody started one but it only has a few people as of now
Link Posted: 11/21/2016 12:08:33 AM EDT
[#13]
I just snagged a copy. Played the first one, but timed out on that fairly quick.
Link Posted: 11/21/2016 2:25:38 AM EDT
[#14]
The campaign is done very well so far. I'm very impressed.
Link Posted: 11/21/2016 2:59:09 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
The campaign is done very well so far. I'm very impressed.
View Quote

I was surprised how much fun it was.

Top-gear top-tip: if you're playing on a harder difficulty, and you're getting sick of a particularly static fight... just pop your cloak and wallrun past all these jackass goons. It's... surprisingly satisfying -- these NPC jerkoffs all lined spawned in this special spot and lined up all their appropriately-ranged weapons, and they got their expository radio messages queued up-- and WHAM some parkour-running jackass in half a jetpack goes skittering by along the wall like a cricket on speed going "WOOP WOOP WOOP WOOP"
Link Posted: 11/21/2016 11:56:17 AM EDT
[#16]
Thanks for posting this. Might have to give it a try.

EDIT: Never mind. Just found out the game is mainly for multiplayer and only has a 7-8 hour long single player campaign.
Link Posted: 11/21/2016 3:17:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

EDIT: Never mind. Just found out the game is mainly for multiplayer and only has a 7-8 hour long single player campaign.
View Quote

Yup, it's good but if you're looking for a SP experience it's the same as bf1 in the sense that the game is good but is really intended for MP. Not as many SP games as there used to be unfortunately.
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 1:58:35 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

View Quote

I don't remember playing a single FPS where the campaign wasn't about 8 hours long. Maybe HL2...?
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 2:45:49 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I don't remember playing a single FPS where the campaign wasn't about 8 hours long. Maybe HL2...?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ya..., I mean 8 hours is not a good return for your money, but it is absolutely standard for an FPS today.
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 9:57:34 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Crisis, Borderlands, Halo, Resident Evil.... etc
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 3:16:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Forgot about borderlands and crysis. RE isn't an fps and halo can be hit or miss. I guess I should have said I can't remember one recently. Borderlands is pretty love or hate with a lot of people (love for me),and it's still somewhat heavily geared for coop. 8 hours is about the norm nowadays unfortunately.
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 3:53:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Forgot about borderlands and crysis. RE isn't an fps and halo can be hit or miss. I guess I should have said I can't remember one recently. Borderlands is pretty love or hate with a lot of people (love for me),and it's still somewhat heavily geared for coop. 8 hours is about the norm nowadays unfortunately.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Destiny and  Pre Sequel come to mind, but I know what you mean. 2 was much better than Pre Sequel.
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 5:27:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Man, I wish Destiny was on PC, and I really wish 2K and Gearbox would get a move on with Borderlands 3. I need a shooter to play while watching giant bomb videos, dammit, I'm like 40 quick looks behind!
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 5:45:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Yup, it's good but if you're looking for a SP experience it's the same as bf1 in the sense that the game is good but is really intended for MP. Not as many SP games as there used to be unfortunately.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

DOOM has quality SP.  MP isn't bad either.  I use an elite controller & do pretty good against all but the extreme 24/7/365 & severely methed out KB + mouse users.
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 10:47:54 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Crisis was pretty short. Borderlands is just a campaign. Halo was super short. Resident Evil isn't an FPS.

Link Posted: 11/22/2016 11:24:47 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Crisis was pretty short. Borderlands is just a campaign. Halo was super short. Resident Evil isn't an FPS.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Crysis, Borderlands, Halo, Resident Evil.... etc

Crysis, Halo , and Borderlands all fit that description. All FPS games and all over 8 hours to complete the main story. I'll also add Destiny into the mix. The Solo main story part of the game is also over 8 hours.

RE FPS Link
Link Posted: 11/23/2016 12:14:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Post your favorite loadout!

Pilot:
Cloak
Arc grenade
Alternator ammo and fast reload
Mgl ammo and fast reload
Power cell perk
Low profile perk
Amped weapons boost

Titan:
Tone
Reinforced Particle wall
Overcore
Regular deployment

Link Posted: 11/23/2016 3:11:42 PM EDT
[#28]
Pilot:
Stim
Firestars
EVA-8 Shotgun (bring more than one cause me shotgun'll be buckin ya chest) with quick reload, more ammo, kill counter
Archer missile launcher (quick reload)
Death Report
Ordnance Expert

Turret boost

Titan:
Basic Tone. I've tried every loadout except Northstar and I just can't find one that feels right to me.
I usually rolled with the chaingun in TF1, but they replaced it with Ion, and I hate the vortex shield.

I've tried ronin a bit, and I really like the shotgun on Bounty Hunt for rapidly smoking squads of grunts, but man it's made of tissue paper and spit.
Link Posted: 11/24/2016 12:01:05 AM EDT
[#29]
Pilot:
Grapple
Arc Grenade/Firestar
R-201-threat/tactikill
MGL-ammo/fast swap
Fast regen
Kill report
amped weapons

not really my first choices for abilities but everything else is locked still for me.

Titan:
Tone
Nuke eject
basic everything else because i'm a noob

Origin ID: PancakeOfDoom if anybody wants to squad up

I don't want to keep backpedaling on my point, but ya there are some great FPS games with 8+ hour campaigns, I'm just saying they're the minority and for heavily MP focused games like BF1 and TF2 to have decent campaigns is a good selling point. Sure, they're not doom, but nobody plays Doom's MP because it's trash IMHO. BF1 and TF2 have great MP and the SP is a nice bonus, but I'd agree that they're not worth buying just for the SP.

Link Posted: 11/24/2016 1:30:20 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Crysis, Halo , and Borderlands all fit that description. All FPS games and all over 8 hours to complete the main story. I'll also add Destiny into the mix. The Solo main story part of the game is also over 8 hours.

RE FPS Link
View Quote

I think Crysis might have taken me eight and a half hours? Halo, maybe 9? Borderlands is long because it's an RPG, as is Destiny.

And that RE is 100% not RE.

I'm just saying that 7-8 hours isn't a short FPS campaign. Serious Sam is like 6 hours. Doom (old) is like 5, tops. The new Doom is a little long, but not terribly long. The new Wolfenstein is like... 9?

Pretty average, IMHO.
Link Posted: 11/24/2016 10:05:41 AM EDT
[#31]
Wow, I built a mostly new machine so I could play this game.  A couple hrs into the campaign, it is awesome.
Link Posted: 11/24/2016 10:16:11 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I think Crysis might have taken me eight and a half hours? Halo, maybe 9? Borderlands is long because it's an RPG, as is Destiny.

And that RE is 100% not RE.

I'm just saying that 7-8 hours isn't a short FPS campaign. Serious Sam is like 6 hours. Doom (old) is like 5, tops. The new Doom is a little long, but not terribly long. The new Wolfenstein is like... 9?

Pretty average, IMHO.
View Quote

But that RE game is RE and it's a FPS. It's just not a traditional RE game. As for Borderlands and Destiny, they're both FPS games with RPG elements.

"Borderlands is an action role-playing first-person shooter video game that was developed by Gearbox Software for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Microsoft Windows and Mac OS X. It is the first game in the Borderlands series."  Link

"Destiny is an online-only first-person shooter video game developed by Bungie and published by Activision."  Link

I bought the new Doom a few months back and have yet to play it past the first  level. I need to finish it one of these days. Have not played the new Wolfenstein.

EDIT: Have a good Thanksgiving!
Link Posted: 11/25/2016 12:36:08 PM EDT
[#33]
Just joined the Arfcom network on PC.
Link Posted: 11/26/2016 1:45:23 AM EDT
[#34]
I'm surprised at the campaign. although some of the segments with wall running make me think of a portal test chamber...especially when you have the time travel do hickey in the one level
Link Posted: 11/26/2016 10:17:48 AM EDT
[#35]
I must be doing something wrong on multi player.  I'm not able to ever get into any game type other than Attrition...it looks like literally nobody plays any other type.  This kind of sucks.  Is there something with my internet connection limiting the game servers I can join?
Link Posted: 11/26/2016 6:13:48 PM EDT
[#36]
I normally play amped hardpoint as I'm not too fond of the AI soldiers.  I never have an issue finding a game. Save for maybe at 2am in the morning.

-DJ
Link Posted: 11/26/2016 8:16:19 PM EDT
[#37]
Yeah, I figured out now that some game types are just going to be dependent on time of day more than others.  I was really trying to play amped hard point and finally got into some rounds of that this afternoon.  I like that one a lot, but it takes a while between matches to find enough players.  It doesn't seem like there are many people playing this game in general, at least not what I was expecting.  It's a great game so hopefully more people start playing.
Link Posted: 11/26/2016 8:31:09 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Yeah, I figured out now that some game types are just going to be dependent on time of day more than others.  I was really trying to play amped hard point and finally got into some rounds of that this afternoon.  I like that one a lot, but it takes a while between matches to find enough players.  It doesn't seem like there are many people playing this game in general, at least not what I was expecting.  It's a great game so hopefully more people start playing.
View Quote

By default the game picks the data center with the lowest ping to you, and as far as I know you only match with people in your data center. If the matchmaking screen for your datacenter is showing only a few dozen people playing the type you want, try backing out to the main menu and picking another datacenter at the bottom right -- if you're on the east coast and it's super late, try grabbing a central or west coast one - it'll only tack on a couple dozen ms to your ping, and you might find a higher player pop there.
Link Posted: 11/27/2016 12:45:55 AM EDT
[#39]
I'm Bakermikeromeo on Origin; about to hop on and throw down some bounty hunt for as long as the prosecco holds out.
Link Posted: 11/27/2016 6:19:54 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
By default the game picks the data center with the lowest ping to you, and as far as I know you only match with people in your data center. If the matchmaking screen for your datacenter is showing only a few dozen people playing the type you want, try backing out to the main menu and picking another datacenter at the bottom right -- if you're on the east coast and it's super late, try grabbing a central or west coast one - it'll only tack on a couple dozen ms to your ping, and you might find a higher player pop there.
View Quote

OK, I feel like an idiot.  This is what I was looking for... didn't know you could do that.
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 4:32:21 PM EDT
[#41]
I was browsing networks last night and found a [AR15] #ARFCOM one that I joined

My favorite loadout lately:
Cloak
R-97
Firestars

Got my Ronin up to Gen 4 now, but I also like Northstar (she's at Gen 3).

FYI I'm DarkmatterGhost on there if anyone sees me.
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 7:54:28 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I was browsing networks last night and found a [AR15] #ARFCOM one that I joined

My favorite loadout lately:
Cloak
R-97
Firestars

Got my Ronin up to Gen 4 now, but I also like Northstar (she's at Gen 3).

FYI I'm DarkmatterGhost on there if anyone sees me.
View Quote

I keep meaning to try northstar and ronin but I can't work up the courage to drop Legion since I keep rampaging with it.
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 8:06:47 PM EDT
[#43]
Loved the game so much that I had to buy the helmet afterwards.

Link Posted: 11/29/2016 11:12:51 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

<a href="http://s1001.photobucket.com/user/dmjerrywest44/media/4-1-3.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1001.photobucket.com/albums/af139/dmjerrywest44/4-1-3.jpg</a>
View Quote

cupping an invisible something with the support hand....
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 11:33:59 AM EDT
[#45]
I was immediately drawn to Ronin because in the original game I always liked using the Stryder titan to dash in and melee, so he works well for my play style. The long range titan sniping with Northstar is fun too, but I think her core attack kind of sucks.

Also, awesome pic, dmjerry. And admit it, you tried wall running with it on
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 12:12:08 PM EDT
[#46]
I like Ronin because Leadwall will handle a pod full of Spectres' business in a hurry (and because bouncing shots around a corner into a bounty hunt bank is just a fucked up thing to do to people), but I have a hard time telling when I'm actually in melee range.

Does the melee do more damage than an up-close leadwall shot?

ETA: patch dropped yesterday on PC. Patch notes here
Some key stuff:

New Titan Kits:

RONIN: Phase Reflex
When doomed, Ronin phases out of danger.

NORTHSTAR: Threat Optics
Enemies are highlighted while zooming in.

SCORCH: Scorched Earth
Flame Core ignites the ground, leaving thermite in its wake.

LEGION: Hidden Compartment
Power Shot has two charges

TONE: Burst Loader
Aiming allows the 40mm to store up to 3 shots to burst fire.

ION: Refraction Lens
Splitter Rifle splits 5 ways.

New Weapon "Wingman Elite" pistol
A modified version of the classic Wingman pistol.

New Pilot Execution "Inner Pieces"
Phase Shift into an enemy and… it doesn’t go well for them.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 10:03:38 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

<a href="http://s1001.photobucket.com/user/dmjerrywest44/media/4-1-3.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1001.photobucket.com/albums/af139/dmjerrywest44/4-1-3.jpg</a>
View Quote

That's an awesome picture.

I'm loving this game too.
Link Posted: 12/10/2016 1:32:42 PM EDT
[#48]
Played a few matches with an arfcommer this morning on PC.  Had fun dominating Angel City.
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 6:26:49 PM EDT
[#49]
I'm no longer liking this game.  Every time I try to play multiplayer, it's pretty much unplayable now.  Other players constantly freezing and stuttering on screen, almost in every single match.  And I noticed that while in those matches, other people say they're having the same problem.  I even got accused of cheating a couple times because other players thought my stuttering around was some kind of hack.  I've tried several things including different servers, but not much difference.  What I find is that getting on a server in a time zone with few people online seems to improve it.  Really seems like a network or server problem.  Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.

Link Posted: 12/15/2016 7:15:33 PM EDT
[#50]
seems to be introduced with the last patch which means it'l get fixed. You could always go grab call of duty I guess. hehe
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top