Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/7/2003 11:15:56 AM EDT
Eve of Destruction
Viet Nam Mod
still early alpha but pics look cool.

[url]http://eod.bfcentral.com/index2.php[/url]

edit: spent a few hours playing it.  The sound is amazing.  The Hueys sound awesome.  You can hear birds and wildlife in the background.

Compared to DC the Hueys fly like trucks.  They are not as overwhelming as in DC either.  The sniper rifle has a significant kick that requires you to reaim for second shots.

Still has some bugs but not bad for an arly alpha version.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 1:51:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Cool, a friend of mine was telling me about this yesterday. I guess I'll have to give it a shot.. been playing quite a bit of DC lately. Never could get the hang of the Choppers in DC tho. (with keyboard/mouse at least). But I think its good that way, so you don't have everyone out there flying around and it takes a bit of skill..
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 3:22:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Buy yourself a cheapy controller like a Logitech Wingman Rumblepad for 20 bucks from wallyworld.

You can map it's controls for BF1942 and use it for all flying vehicles, MUCH improved control.   Set it up so you use it's sticks as rudder, elvator, roll control much like you could set up a R/C controller.

It will really improve the fine balance of heli flight once you learn how.

I personally really like Desert Combat, I go by "Squirrel Hunter" and play pretty frequently.    The Eve of Destruction mod shows promise but right now it's jet aircraft are slow and annoying to fly.   They have an excellent helicopter flight model though.

It's also very frustrating to play in ground combat, the darned guns have very strange accuracy quirks that are either part due to the mod or part due to the BF1942 engine.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 4:01:58 PM EDT
[#3]
man i can barely fly the choppers in DC, i use a joystick but man its just crazy, way to sensitive even with the senistivity turned all the way down

any hints?
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 1:00:06 PM EDT
[#4]
I learned to fly the choppers in DC with keyboard and mouse. It just takes some work. Start your own game and fly the Apache. First rule, don't just hold down the throttle all the time. Once I started tapping the throttle instead of holding it down, things improved. Other than that, it is just a matter of learning how the choppers balance and learning how they handle. Practice Practice Practice. Eventually you will learn when to correct before a problem occurs. Once you are out of control in a chopper, it is very hard to get it back.

EoD is really cool. I like its atmosphere much better than DC. The Hueys do need some help in the handling department though.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 1:17:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Sweet!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top