Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/21/2016 11:23:00 AM EDT
Can this work?  I just don't dig moving around using keys.  I prefer a XB game pad, but there's no accuracy with it.

HALP! 'n stuff.
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 11:59:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Won't work. The only way you could do that would be through external programs and they increase input latency.

Do you have a decent keyboard at least?
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 1:17:48 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a garden variety kb.  I'm looking at these speed pad devices.  Might work, but I would have to sample one.

Surprised to hear about latency being an issue.  I thought these Saitek, Mad Katz HOTUS setups were GTG.
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 2:02:12 PM EDT
[#3]
I couldn't play many of the games I play without one:

http://support.logitech.com/en_us/product/g13-advanced-gameboard

Link Posted: 2/21/2016 3:20:09 PM EDT
[#4]
razers is better
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 2:49:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
razers is better
View Quote

Can the 8-way hat be used effectively for direction control?  I don't particularly like KB buttons for that function.  If anything, game controllers are superior on that point (IMO)
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 1:41:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
razers is better
View Quote

Is that the Razer Tartarus?  I am thinking of getting that or the Logitech pad to use for Elite Dangerous, but so far the keyboard has been working out ok.  Having more throttle control may help once I get better at piloting.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 4:17:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Is that the Razer Tartarus?  I am thinking of getting that or the Logitech pad to use for Elite Dangerous, but so far the keyboard has been working out ok.  Having more throttle control may help once I get better at piloting.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
razers is better

For "Elite: Dangerous", "Star Citizen", etc., it seems like the Saitek x52 Pro has become the controller template for the various developers of these next-gen flight sims.  I'd almost bet that the Xbox elite controller would work, too.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 6:59:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

For "Elite: Dangerous", "Star Citizen", etc., it seems like the Saitek x52 Pro has become the controller template for the various developers of these next-gen flight sims.  I'd almost bet that the Xbox elite controller would work, too.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
razers is better

I may go for a HOTAS like the Saitek.  I am currently using a Logitech Extreme 3D pro in the right hand, keyboard on the left.  Works all right, but the throttle isn't as precise and there is a lot of moving about on the keyboard.  Maybe instead of investing $60 on a game pad, I'll just dime up for the HOTAS.  I am a Star Citizen backer, too, so I'll wager I will get the use out of it.
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 6:09:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Could you hold an XBOX controller in your left hand and the mouse in your right?

Would be cumbersome reaching all the buttons though...
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 6:33:09 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I have a garden variety kb.  I'm looking at these speed pad devices.  Might work, but I would have to sample one.

Surprised to hear about latency being an issue.  I thought these Saitek, Mad Katz HOTUS setups were GTG.
View Quote

Normal keyboard will work. As long as your fingers can reach the WASD + QERFG + 1234 keys you should be find. A good mouse is more important in my opinion.

For flight sims joysticks are better.

For platformers game pad is better.

For racing sims car whell controller are better.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top