Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/29/2015 11:02:33 PM EDT
And it runs like shit.  Athlon 2 X3 3.3ghz with gtx 750ti 2gb.  I am very disappoint.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 2:26:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Yep, I bought it during the last sale.  Not even going to download it until I upgrade mobo/processor/gpu.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:27:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Athlon x3

I think it's time for a motherboard/processor upgrade bro.

ETA: and this time, don't skimp out, buy an Intel. i5 will do everything you ask of it, no need for an i7.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:18:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Its not the game that runs like shit...
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 1:49:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Well sometimes Arma can run like ass. But OP that is a weak pc in both processor and video card. For Arma a better processor helps alot.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 1:54:10 PM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Well sometimes Arma can run like ass. But OP that is a weak pc in both processor and video card. For Arma a better processor helps alot.
View Quote

ME: Watch out, there is a Blackfoot over by indie hill

vbk180: where? I can't see it??

Me: Dude...it's plain as day..

vbk180: I really need to get a new processor and graphics card

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 2:04:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol no no no. I have the i5 4790k or whatever, it's fine. But yeah my 280x video card is poop.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 2:08:56 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Lol no no no. I have the i5 4790k or whatever, it's fine. But yeah my 280x video card is poop.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Time to upgrayd to GTX 980 Ti
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 2:39:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol I wish.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:06:31 PM EDT
[#9]
How do you set up your microphone in arma3?  I can't see any option to select which mic to use or test it.  When I go on multiplayer I hit caps lock and it says I'm broadcasting but no one responds when I say mic check.  I disabled all other inputs except my microphone (a microsoft lifecam usb webcam with built in mic).
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:55:54 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

How do you set up your microphone in arma3?  I can't see any option to select which mic to use or test it.  When I go on multiplayer I hit caps lock and it says I'm broadcasting but no one responds when I say mic check.  I disabled all other inputs except my microphone (a microsoft lifecam usb webcam with built in mic).
View Quote

Bottom left on your task bar on desktop. Right click on the sound icon and click recording device.

Find which one goes to your mic and make sure it is activated and working (right click, test).

Make sure you mic isn't muted.

Make sure you playing with English speaking people.

Get a real mic

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 4:14:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Bottom left on your task bar on desktop. Right click on the sound icon and click recording device.

Find which one goes to your mic and make sure it is activated and working (right click, test).

Get a real mic

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Get a real mic

My mic is working and not muted, it works fine in every other game I play, but doesn't seem to work with arma 3.  How do I test it in game?  I was in a populated server and trying to speak with people in my squad or whatever the term is in arma 3, I could hear them, but when I spoke no one would respond.  My name lights up in the lower left hand corner when I try to speak but I don't think they can hear me.  I tried in a few different servers.. no luck.

I also checked in steam settings and it seems to be working fine according to steam.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 4:44:49 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
My mic is working and not muted, it works fine in every other game I play, but doesn't seem to work with arma 3.  How do I test it in game?  I was in a populated server and trying to speak with people in my squad or whatever the term is in arma 3, I could hear them, but when I spoke no one would respond.  My name lights up in the lower left hand corner when I try to speak but I don't think they can hear me.  I tried in a few different servers.. no luck.
I also checked in steam settings and it seems to be working fine according to steam.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Get a real mic

Were you on Side chat in game?

Side chat allows you to talk to everyone on your team no matter how far apart you are.

Group chat lets you talk to everyone in your group, no matter how far apart.

Direct chat is only heard when close by and fades away the further you get. Alternatively, talking in group chat is like talking in direct chat when your talking to someone not in your group.

Vehicle chat is just like the above, but in the vehicle your in.

Global chat - never use it, unless your typing to the other team(s)

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 5:33:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Side chat allows you to talk to everyone on your team no matter how far apart you are.

Direct chat is only heard when close by and fades away the further you get. Alternatively, talking in group chat is like talking in direct chat when your talking to someone not in your group.

View Quote

I didn't change what channel I was speaking in, so perhaps that was the issue.  What channel would you be in by default when you first spawned in if you didn't change it?
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 5:46:20 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I didn't change what channel I was speaking in, so perhaps that was the issue.  What channel would you be in by default when you first spawned in if you didn't change it?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Default is group (green). Swap to side (blue)
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 5:52:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

In that case I was in group and they couldn't hear me.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:29:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Athlon x3

ETA: and this time, don't skimp out, buy an Intel. i5 will do everything you ask of it, no need for an i7.
View Quote

Would an i5 650 3.2ghz be enough?
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 8:23:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Athlon x3

650? You mean 4650? If you mean 4650k, absolutely.

My rig runs it just fine with the previous generation i5, if anything I could use a bit more ram and maybe a better video card, but it still runs just fine as it sits.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:21:57 PM EDT
[#18]
runs fine on my rig i built in oct 2011, i7 2600k, 16gb ram, gtx570 superclocked
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:36:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Would this be suitable?  Say, high settings?
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 10:21:17 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Would this be suitable?  Say, high settings?
View Quote

That core architecture is from 2012. You risk bottlenecking the rest of your rig, and you'll just have to spend even more money on it in a year or two (at most) to stay current rather than biting the bullet, buying current gen stuff, and being good to go for 5 or so years.

Check your IMs
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top