Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/7/2015 12:53:51 AM EDT
Yes, MWO (MechWarrior Online) is still alive.

Am an FRR loyalist so been fighting the clans since the day I popped back in.

It's been a bit rough.  Though we've had all 4 of them (Clans) on us since December, they haven't quite managed to snuff us out.  Drunken Space Vikings, and all that.  It's been a hell of a run.

The game still has it's problems, though PGI seems to be going in the right direction.  Things ARE getting fixed, though a bit slowly.

That said, as an FRR Loyalist; the Clans can get off our lawn.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 10:22:02 AM EDT
[#1]
When I'm not going to school full time or working full time I want to get back into the game. I have the resistance pack preordered, the Zeus has been my favorite 'Mech since the 3025 TRO.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 10:29:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Wow.  Did they follow the same storyline from the source book and the novels?

I always thought BT (MW) had one of the greatest worlds for storytelling and massive campaigns out there, but (if you believe all the news) because of copyright BS and who owns what ending up as a guessing game, it's been left behind :(

ETA: Wow I remember playing this once I think in beta? Didn't seem that good then, but it looks like they've fleshed it out alot!  You know if they ever plan on implementing TOADs for the Clans?
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 11:30:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Wow.  Did they follow the same storyline from the source book and the novels?

I always thought BT (MW) had one of the greatest worlds for storytelling and massive campaigns out there, but (if you believe all the news) because of copyright BS and who owns what ending up as a guessing game, it's been left behind :(

ETA: Wow I remember playing this once I think in beta? Didn't seem that good then, but it looks like they've fleshed it out alot!  You know if they ever plan on implementing TOADs for the Clans?
View Quote

It's the 'early' beta for the CW stuff; the worlds are there.  Mostly they're working out the nuts and bolts of things on that end.  Current timeframe is around 3050-ish.  And they've tried to balance things a bit since the battles are 12v12.  So you're not going to see a single clan mech take out two lances of IS by itself...thus, the clan mechs have been toned down a bit though; seem to be better.  Until you've played regular matches for awhile and have 3, or 4 of your own mechs to drop; I would be leery of CW dropping...and then, I'd be looking for a group to roll with.  Many use TS, though the voip in game has been seeing some use.

As for the storyline?  Well, sorta, at this point.  They'll be fleshing that out a bit as the CW stuff gets figured out.  Current word is that they are adding more tutorials finely, and, working on a PVE campaign for single player.  We should be getting another map on the 17th for the CW.  Hopefully they'll rework the existing maps for both modes of play.  Most of what happens is player driven; server chooses the planets available to attack and folks go fight...if the planet is past 50% at the end of the attack period; ownership swaps.  Only value at this point, is that the territory lines shift.  Server tries to focus on finding attack lanes (for the clans) heading to terra.  The IS is, well, the IS...they fight each other, and the clans...<<dumbasses....that's why the clans are winning>>.

New mechs arrive monthly, or so.  Clan Wave III hits the 17th...along with the rest of the resistance mechs for IS; I believe.  

There are a lot of things that aren't 'right' with the game but, they are finally getting some of that addressed.  For now, if you like big stompy robots that shoot the crap out of each other, you should enjoy it.

Oh...if you decide to play it...do not join a unit that has a permament contract with any faction right off the bat.  It costs around a million c-bills to leave/break permament contract.  Personally, I'd be a little leery of joining a unit until you feel like you have a handle on the basics.  Voice coms help a lot.

Am the same name there, as here.  Am with Sons of Odin, FRR faction.  Unit just went to permament contract with them.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top