Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/18/2015 9:02:07 PM EDT
Anybody still play? They work out the kinks?
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 9:07:05 PM EDT
[#1]
There are several Arma 3 threads in this very forum.  Quite a few arfcommers play.  There are no game breaking bugs that I know of and I play about 3 or 4 hours every day.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 9:12:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There are several Arma 3 threads in this very forum.  Quite a few arfcommers play.  There are no game breaking bugs that I know of and I play about 3 or 4 hours every day.
View Quote

How's the long range combat?
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:23:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

shit.  the problem is that there is connectivity issues.  You might do everything right but the round will miss just because its laggy.  

There is a long range patch coming out which you have to pay for.  I got it because of the helicopter one.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:24:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

shit.  the problem is that there is connectivity issues.  You might do everything right but the round will miss just because its laggy.  

There is a long range patch coming out which you have to pay for.  I got it because of the helicopter one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You have to pay for the patch?
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:28:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

this is the second time.  They released new helicopters and they charged for them.  So in some game types there will be a helicopter in front of you that you could steal but if you don't have the patch you can't fly it.  Pretty garbage if you ask me.  Long range hasn't been fixed yet.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:36:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

this is the second time.  They released new helicopters and they charged for them.  So in some game types there will be a helicopter in front of you that you could steal but if you don't have the patch you can't fly it.  Pretty garbage if you ask me.  Long range hasn't been fixed yet.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

When they release the patch,  those without it can't shoot long range?
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:43:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

They won't be able to use what ever changes they make most likely.  You will still be able to use the older range finders and rifles.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:51:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

They won't be able to use what ever changes they make most likely.  You will still be able to use the older range finders and rifles.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What a cluster.

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 8:35:34 AM EDT
[#9]
The Marksman DLC is NOT a patch.  It is additional "for sale" content.  The weapons it will include (some DMRs and sniper rifles) will not be usable if you don't pay (its $4.99 or $5.99 I think) but the engine modifications for wind, bipods/weapon resting will be part of the game for every one.

My group has no problem hitting targets at range.  We have some recorded 2000+ meter shots on Youtube.  If you have decent internet (read that: 10MB+ up and down) you shouldn't have any problems with long range shooting due to lag.

DLCs and mini-expansions that cost additional money are not unique to Arma 3.  These companies are not running charities, they don't own you free extra content.

VooDoo, if you enjoy wide open military style shooters, this is the best one there has ever been.  270+ sq.km. of room to maneuver, combined arms combat with Air, armor, mechanized and infantry, good weapon modeling, damage modeling.  Whats not to like?  Try it out.

There are HUGE milsim groups if you want to do max realism coop and some pvp stuff, there is Wasteland if you want more shooting and less waiting for orders and less walter mitty wannabes.  Breaking Point if you want zombie apocalypse pvp.  King of the Hill for team based sector control.  There are a lot of options with Arma 3.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 2:01:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The Marksman DLC is NOT a patch.  It is additional "for sale" content.  The weapons it will include (some DMRs and sniper rifles) will not be usable if you don't pay (its $4.99 or $5.99 I think) but the engine modifications for wind, bipods/weapon resting will be part of the game for every one.

My group has no problem hitting targets at range.  We have some recorded 2000+ meter shots on Youtube.  If you have decent internet (read that: 10MB+ up and down) you shouldn't have any problems with long range shooting due to lag.

DLCs and mini-expansions that cost additional money are not unique to Arma 3.  These companies are not running charities, they don't own you free extra content.

VooDoo, if you enjoy wide open military style shooters, this is the best one there has ever been.  270+ sq.km. of room to maneuver, combined arms combat with Air, armor, mechanized and infantry, good weapon modeling, damage modeling.  Whats not to like?  Try it out.

There are HUGE milsim groups if you want to do max realism coop and some pvp stuff, there is Wasteland if you want more shooting and less waiting for orders and less walter mitty wannabes.  Breaking Point if you want zombie apocalypse pvp.  King of the Hill for team based sector control.  There are a lot of options with Arma 3.
View Quote

I don't buy the if you have decent internet thing.  What if the person you are trying to shoot has shit for internet?  I have had perfect frames with good internet and you will still get the occasional guy play from somalia or something with shit ping and its very very hard to kill them.  

I would counter that although the mini DLC stuff is not unique to arma it breaks arma in a special kind of way.  Arma ran on beta for a long long time and when they went live most things were still not fixed.  I like playing arma but there are often times where I stop playing because it is so glitchy or one of the well known glitches kicks in during an important time.  

The DLC ruins things in its own special way.  Say you are playing wasteland and kill a few guys at the airport while they spawn a helicopter.  You can't use the helicopter if it is one of the new style version.  The same will be true with the new rifles.  If you work hard to maneuver around and kill someone with the last of your ammo you will be very pissed to find out that person has a rifle that you just can't pick up because you haven't paid for it.  If it is on the ground you should be able to pick it up.  If you can drive a tank then fly an attack helicopter what the hell should be limiting you from driving a go cart or cargo helicopter.  In this wide open style of game things shouldn't be put in that everyone can't use.

OP I still play arma everyonce in a while king of the hill has been the savior for me as it is one of the few good game types left.  Most of the mil sim units are terrible.  I played with JTF2 for a while and had a great time with them but they have gone back to arma 2 because 3 is well....3
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:55:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

I am jealous. I get on two times a week. About four hours total. If that.
To the TS question, I run the game on Ultra or High settings. No trouble with the game at all. Love it.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:59:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Incredible. Two of the guys in my group like to snipe. I have been helped greatly by their communication and overwatch. I've witness some amazing shots. I use the MRCO scope (2-6x). I really enjoy long range shooting.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:04:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I don't buy the if you have decent internet thing.  What if the person you are trying to shoot has shit for internet?  I have had perfect frames with good internet and you will still get the occasional guy play from somalia or something with shit ping and its very very hard to kill them.  

I would counter that although the mini DLC stuff is not unique to arma it breaks arma in a special kind of way.  Arma ran on beta for a long long time and when they went live most things were still not fixed.  I like playing arma but there are often times where I stop playing because it is so glitchy or one of the well known glitches kicks in during an important time.  

The DLC ruins things in its own special way.  Say you are playing wasteland and kill a few guys at the airport while they spawn a helicopter.  You can't use the helicopter if it is one of the new style version.  The same will be true with the new rifles.  If you work hard to maneuver around and kill someone with the last of your ammo you will be very pissed to find out that person has a rifle that you just can't pick up because you haven't paid for it.  If it is on the ground you should be able to pick it up.  If you can drive a tank then fly an attack helicopter what the hell should be limiting you from driving a go cart or cargo helicopter.  In this wide open style of game things shouldn't be put in that everyone can't use.

OP I still play arma everyonce in a while king of the hill has been the savior for me as it is one of the few good game types left.  Most of the mil sim units are terrible.  I played with JTF2 for a while and had a great time with them but they have gone back to arma 2 because 3 is well....3
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My experience has been very different from your's. I just have not had issues with lag influence long range shooting that much.

I agree with you about the DLC. But Arma 3 hardly tries to rape customers like consoles. I love the stuff they are releasing.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:29:40 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You should be able to fly it, but you will get things fading in and out on your screen letting you know you need to buy it to get the notifications off.

It's really no different than what Battlefield/COD is doing, but its MUCH cheaper

There are already a few DMR type rifles and long range sniper rifles (.50 and .408), which came with the full release of ARMA 3

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:39:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

You should be able to fly it, but you will get things fading in and out on your screen letting you know you need to buy it to get the notifications off.

It's really no different than what Battlefield/COD is doing, but its MUCH cheaper

There are already a few DMR type rifles and long range sniper rifles (.50 and .408), which came with the full release of ARMA 3

View Quote

no I don't think it lets you fly them at all it wasn't like the carts part.  I bought it just because it pissed me off so bad.  I mostly play king of the hill now.  Im dindu nuffin if you see me running around.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top