Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/1/2014 10:17:26 PM EDT
I've done some reading on the topic but am still hung up. I have purchased and installed an original  x box 250 gig hard drive . I guess I am supposed to update my console sofeware.

I have down loaded the software and formatted the flash drive on the 360 game console, this is where I'm having issues.
I guess the file for the update is a zip file and I may or may not be unzipping it right, either way my computer says there is not enough room on my 8 gig flash drive for the new software, so I buy a 16 gig flash drive and it still says I don't have enough room on the flash drive.

Any ideas folks?

The game is Star Wars Battlefront 2 and is on the list of backward compatible games at Microsoft.  
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 10:21:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Why don't you just buy an Xbox? I bet you can find one at Goodwill or Salvation Army for $30. If not . . . http://www.ebay.com/sch/Video-Game-Consoles-/139971/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=xbox&_dcat=139971&Platform=Microsoft%2520Xbox&rt=nc
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 9:23:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Why don't you just buy an Xbox? I bet you can find one at Goodwill or Salvation Army for $30. If not . . . http://www.ebay.com/sch/Video-Game-Consoles-/139971/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=xbox&_dcat=139971&Platform=Microsoft%2520Xbox&rt=nc
View Quote

it's an option for sure. I wanted to try and make the 360 work because Everything I read on the net talks about how easy it is and I've already bought the $85 hard drive.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 1:55:57 AM EDT
[#3]
i dont think xbox live is even supported with the original console anymore
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 12:12:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Why not hook the xbox up to the net and let it run the update automatically?

It's included with the normal system update.

However, I think your problem resides in your formatting, not your zip file. The xbox uses XTAF and STFS file formats which are generally proprietary towards the console. If you let your Xbox format the USB, it will put it in those formats and will be unreadable to your computer. This will show up as a flash drive with that only has a few kilobytes of useable space.

You need to format the flash drive on your computer, not your Xbox, using the FAT32 file system and then unzip all the individual files onto the flash drive.

Link Posted: 10/6/2014 12:24:43 PM EDT
[#5]
I use my 360 to play Xbox games, specifically Star Wars Battlefront 1 and 2. I've had no issues.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top