Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/23/2014 4:28:12 AM EDT
It's not entirely clear when the deal will go live, but I suspect it'll be at the start of the new Steam-day—around 10am PDT, or 6pm BST.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/04/23/red-orchestra-2-one-day-deal-will-let-you-download-and-keep-the-game-for-free/

Note: You don't get the Pacific theater expansion Rising Storm for free.

Red Orchestra 2 and Rising Storm are great games. RO2 was the Game of the Year 2013 from PC Gamer magazine.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 6:16:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
It's not entirely clear when the deal will go live, but I suspect it'll be at the start of the new Steam-day—around 10am PDT, or 6pm BST.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/04/23/red-orchestra-2-one-day-deal-will-let-you-download-and-keep-the-game-for-free/

Note: You don't get the Pacific theater expansion Rising Storm for free.

Red Orchestra 2 and Rising Storm are great games. RO2 was the Game of the Year 2013 from PC Gamer magazine.
View Quote

im waiting but no dice
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 6:24:35 AM EDT
[#2]
One of the best shooters ever made.  The expansion is supposed to go on sale this weekend.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 11:35:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Finally got my copy.   Took me forever to guess my username and password.   That tells you how long done I have used steam.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 3:50:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
One of the best shooters ever made.  The expansion is supposed to go on sale this weekend.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 4:09:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the tip!  Downloading now.  
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 5:02:35 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

View Quote
me and some other arfcommers bought the 45$ digital deluxe edition preorder of RO2 and your comment has to be chock full of sarcasm or you've never played another shooter before.

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:38:47 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

me and some other arfcommers bought the 45$ digital deluxe edition preorder of RO2 and your comment has to be chock full of sarcasm or you've never played another shooter before.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah man, COD forever.

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 6:46:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's launch was rough I will give you that.  Have you played it recently? It's amazing.  I suppose you could stick to the shitty console games like bf and cod.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 7:41:13 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

It's launch was rough I will give you that.  Have you played it recently? It's amazing.  I suppose you could stick to the shitty console games like bf and cod.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I would really like to see a WWII game built on the Arma 3 engine.

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 8:34:06 AM EDT
[#10]
There is one under development.  Check out Invasion 1944.  It was originally a mod for ARMA2

www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_YoTfI7ksM
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 3:19:00 PM EDT
[#11]
I snagged it.  I think I played the original way back.  If I remember right it was an old school Rainbow 6 type of deal: very lethal, no respawns, sprinting has an endurance limit, guns had bullet drop, etc.

Hoping this one is like that.  Been awhile since I've played that kind of shooter.  Getting a bit burned out on the twitch-based current FPSs.....
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 8:15:39 PM EDT
[#12]
RO1 was better. But RO2 and Rising Storm are decent now. It does bring some innovations to the table in terms of weapon/movement mechanics.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 7:14:53 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

RO1 was better. But RO2 and Rising Storm are decent now. It does bring some innovations to the table in terms of weapon/movement mechanics.
View Quote

this
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 11:48:20 AM EDT
[#14]
Wow.  It's kind of hard!    AI doesn't seem real bright though.  My guys run around like chickens with freshly removed heads.  Enemy, once I spot them, seem to just stand there till I finally hit them.

Oh, and the Allied campaign is locked?  I assume you have to play through the German one first to unlock it?  Seems a bit odd to play as the 'bad guys' first.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top