Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/12/2013 3:52:26 AM EDT
I'm thinking about getting BF4 to play with my girlfriend on PS4. I have it on PC already and can't really find a solid answer to these questions online.

We've always played CoD and Halo together (from Halo 2 and MW1 until Ghosts) but want a change of pace as CoD is getting old, and Halo 4 was basically CoD in a Spartan suit.

I've never played BF on a console at all so I have two things that I require before I can get her to make the switch .

A) Does it even support split screen online play like CoD does? If we can't both play on the same TV/console it does me no good
B) Does it have the "Legacy" option for the controller configuration? the one where the left stick walks forward and backwards and rotates left to right instead of the left stick walking and strafeing? I can't get her to even try to learn regular controls so a FPS without legacy stick options is a no go.

Thanks for the help if anyone takes a look at that for me!
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 4:00:55 AM EDT
[#1]
It does have a "Veteran" control scheme, but it's a little different since the PS4 controller is new.  Takes some time getting used to.

As for split screen, I have no idea.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 4:04:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It does have a "Veteran" control scheme, but it's a little different since the PS4 controller is new.  Takes some time getting used to.

As for split screen, I have no idea.
View Quote

The buttons I'm not worried about. She can figure those out.
The sticks are the real issue.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:17:56 AM EDT
[#3]
No split screen
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:19:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No split screen
View Quote

Curses!

If there is one thing I hate about the advent of easily accessible online multiplayer its the removal of couch based multiplayer.

Thanks! You just saved me $60
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top