Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/23/2013 12:55:04 PM EDT
Bethesda has launched this teaser page for what is undoubtedly something related to their new Fallout game that they've been working on but haven't announced yet.
http://thesurvivor2299.com/

http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/fallout-4-survivor-2299-teaser-website-updated-with-mysterious-code

It now bares the rather complex code of:
"ZL/QRNE/FVFGRE./V'Z/URNQVAT/GB/GUR/VAFGVGHGR./TBQ/XABJF/JUNG/UNCCRARQ/GB/GUVF/CYNPR/ABJ./GUVF/BYQ/ONFGNEQ/JVYY/URYC/HF./UR/ZHFG/URYC/HF./--0321--"

This translates to:

"MY DEAR SISTER. I’M HEADING TO THE INSTITUTE. GOD KNOWS WHAT HAPPENED TO
THIS PLACE NOW. THIS OLD BASTARD WILL HELP US. HE MUST HELP US. –0321–"

At
one point if you highlighted the text on the page, before the new code
appeared, the site said: "Nuclear winter is coming. Reserve your future
home today! 877-260-2299?. If you called this American number you were
met with a recorded message that plays the Tranquility Lane music from
Fallout 3.

However, this phone number is now inactive.

The
site then offered the phrase "###PERMISSION DENIED BY OVERSEER (15334)
###" when you hovered over the text, but this has gone too now.

You
have to admit, Bethesda is doing a really good job of teasing Fallout 4
and has certainly riled up the Fallout fans ahead of an official
announcement.
View Quote

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/fallout-dev-launches-thesurvivor2299-teaser-page/1100-6416193/
A new teaser website registered to Fallout developer Bethesda parent company Zenimax
went live today, with a countdown clock suggesting an announcement will
be made in 26 days on December 10. It is unclear what franchise the
website is related to, though the website's source code mentions Fallout
by name.

An announcement in December could
signal the reveal coming during the 2013 Video Game Awards on Spike TV.
Bethesda partnered with Spike TV in 2010 to announce The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim during the awards show.

View Quote

A Bethesda representative was not immediately available to comment.

The rumored Fallout 4 is believed to be set in Boston, Mass., though is is far from confirmed. The most recent Fallout title was 2010's Fallout: New Vegas, which was developed by Obsidian Entertainment and set in a postapocalyptic Las Vegas.

Link Posted: 11/23/2013 1:44:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I beg them not to screw it up like New Vegas. FO3 is a masterpiece---glitch-ridden, but still a masterpiece. Hopefully they put out a quality game.
Link Posted: 11/23/2013 9:31:21 PM EDT
[#2]
I hope that they allow for multiple DRM options. I would prefer none, but I don't want Steamworks at all. I suppose I could get it on PS4, but that would preclude any mods, which enhance the Beth games greatly.
Link Posted: 11/24/2013 5:13:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Tag for more updates.
Link Posted: 11/24/2013 6:11:32 PM EDT
[#4]
I just got wood.  Love the Fallout games.
Link Posted: 11/24/2013 6:24:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I beg them not to screw it up like New Vegas.
View Quote

Screw up?
Link Posted: 11/24/2013 6:36:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Screw up?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I beg them not to screw it up like New Vegas.

Screw up?

One of less than five games that I've returned within 24 hours. I was not impressed.
Link Posted: 11/24/2013 8:52:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
One of less than five games that I've returned within 24 hours. I was not impressed.
View Quote

With...?
Link Posted: 11/25/2013 12:47:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

With...?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

With...?

It is just a shitty game. I have a perfect score in FO3. I went back and did everything all the endings the works. New Vegas is just too try hard. Let's throw all this shit at the wall and see what sticks.
Link Posted: 11/25/2013 1:39:14 AM EDT
[#9]
If you only played NV for 24 hours, you missed a lot of stuff.

Kharn
Link Posted: 11/25/2013 7:25:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

It is just a shitty game. I have a perfect score in FO3. I went back and did everything all the endings the works. New Vegas is just too try hard. Let's throw all this shit at the wall and see what sticks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

With...?

Yep that was one aspect. I experienced several major glitches within 4 hours, and at one point I somehow managed to land myself in an infinitely-looping cut-scene. After making a new profile, I was a few hours in, then was stuck in an infinite system of spawning into a battle and being insta-killed. It felt rushed, add while I now understand that that's how most games are now, it was very disappointing at the time. LOVED FO3, couldn't have been more disappointed with New Vegas. Perhaps the issues were fixed and if it comes up for free on PS+ I'll give it another shot.
Link Posted: 11/25/2013 7:40:32 AM EDT
[#11]
NV wasn't the best, but it was "alright."

FO3 was greatness.

High expectations from this one.

http://youtu.be/6l6vqPUM_FE

Link Posted: 11/25/2013 8:46:12 AM EDT
[#12]
Fallout fans should check out the Project Brazil mod for New Vegas.
Link Posted: 11/25/2013 8:50:07 AM EDT
[#13]
Personally I liked New Vegas. I didn't like it more than Fallout 3, but I liked the extra gameplay mechanics like the crafting, better companions (including how they were fleshed out a lot more), survival system, etc.

Quoted:
View Quote

I got out of the base and killed the dudes outside and lost interest for some reason. I couldn't figure out if it was because I didn't know immediately what to do next or what. They sure went to a lot of trouble though.
Link Posted: 11/25/2013 8:54:10 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Personally I liked New Vegas. I didn't like it more than Fallout 3, but I liked the extra gameplay mechanics like the crafting, better companions (including how they were fleshed out a lot more), survival system, etc.
I got out of the base and killed the dudes outside and lost interest for some reason. I couldn't figure out if it was because I didn't know immediately what to do next or what. They sure went to a lot of trouble though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The mod is split up into parts, and leaving the vault begins a new part that hasn't been released yet. You can still explore though.
Link Posted: 11/25/2013 3:28:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

After playing both extensively, I find it hard to go back to FO3. I miss the wacky craft weapons in FO3 but NV's writing was better overall, especially with the companions. The companions in FO3 have no depth at all to them, just like Skyrim. The only NPC companion in either that had any depth was Serana, and you had to buy a DLC to get her. FO3 was lots of fun, and had some memorable moments I'll never forget, but I hope FO4 is more like NV  than the direction Bethsoft seems to be going with Skyrim.

Link Posted: 11/25/2013 3:38:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I beg them not to screw it up like New Vegas. FO3 is a masterpiece---glitch-ridden, but still a masterpiece. Hopefully they put out a quality game.
View Quote

I enjoyed New Vegas MUCH more than FO3.
Link Posted: 11/25/2013 3:45:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

YMMV
Link Posted: 11/25/2013 6:28:15 PM EDT
[#18]

Link Posted: 11/25/2013 6:33:34 PM EDT
[#19]
I wouldn't buy NV for awhile because it was so buggy.
Having said that, I bought the GoTY edition, and it was worth every penny.
I logged scores of hours, and enjoyed the Hell out of the game.
Link Posted: 11/25/2013 6:43:22 PM EDT
[#20]
WHOIS information for thesurvivor2299.com:***

[Querying whois.verisign-grs.com]
[Redirected to whois.godaddy.com]
[Querying whois.godaddy.com]
[whois.godaddy.com]
Domain Name: THESURVIVOR2299.COM
Registrar URL: http://www.godaddy.com
Registrant Name: IT Dept
Registrant Organization: ZeniMax Media Inc
Name Server: NS1.THESURVIVOR2299.COM
Name Server: NS2.THESURVIVOR2299.COM
DNSSEC: unsigned

ZeniMax creates and publishes original interactive entertainment content for consoles, the PC, and handheld/wireless devices. Its Bethesda Softworks division, founded in 1986 in the early days of the industry, has a long history of success as a publisher of award-winning video games. In addition, the ZeniMax group includes some of the most acclaimed development studios in the world. The Company's growing library of intellectual properties includes such major franchises as The Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Dishonored, DOOM, QUAKE, Wolfenstein, Enemy Territory, and RAGE.
Link Posted: 11/25/2013 8:18:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I wouldn't buy NV for awhile because it was so buggy.
Having said that, I bought the GoTY edition, and it was worth every penny.
I logged scores of hours, and enjoyed the Hell out of the game.
View Quote

Hmm I may give that a shot then.
Link Posted: 11/26/2013 6:53:41 AM EDT
[#22]
New Vegas had an awful video lag problem due to drivers upon release. I was so engrossed I ignored it though. Luckily that same day or the next day somebody figured out it was the D3D driver for Nvidia cards IIRC. Dropping a D3D.dll file in the game folder fixed it.
Link Posted: 11/27/2013 7:40:22 AM EDT
[#23]

Link Posted: 11/28/2013 4:51:22 AM EDT
[#24]
Kotaku said it was fake and they usually announce new titles at the VGA's now called the VGX's which is December 3 not the 5th.
Link Posted: 11/28/2013 12:16:02 PM EDT
[#25]
FUCK YEAH!!!
Link Posted: 11/29/2013 2:54:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Kotaku said it was fake and they usually announce new titles at the VGA's now called the VGX's which is December 3 not the 5th.
View Quote

They could be right, but it's equally true that they are full of themselves....there seems to be quite a lot of evidence that this is for real. If it is bullshit, then it's a pretty good troll on someone's part. Me...I think we've got some good news from Bethsoft inbound.
Link Posted: 11/29/2013 3:53:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

They could be right, but it's equally true that they are full of themselves....there seems to be quite a lot of evidence that this is for real. If it is bullshit, then it's a pretty good troll on someone's part. Me...I think we've got some good news from Bethsoft inbound.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

To put it bluntly, I don't pay much attention to what Kotaku or IGN say anymore. They've gone fairly close to full retard in recent years.
Link Posted: 11/30/2013 12:04:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
To put it bluntly, I don't pay much attention to what Kotaku or IGN say anymore. They've gone fairly close to full retard in recent years.
View Quote

I read Kotaku now and then....the writers and commenters really don't like this country very much. I think it's funny how they think the COD:MW games are jingoist .gov propaganda, they must have played different versions than I did. I tracked down the article Minator556 referred to, here, and the logic isn't exactly compelling, especially considering what the "annoying beeping noises" turned out to say. Reading through what they say on Reddit, I'm convinced something related to Fallout is coming, even if it isn't Fallout 4.  
Link Posted: 11/30/2013 12:17:10 PM EDT
[#29]
i wonder if it is a fall out MMO since skyrim is going MMO , not to hard to change some graphics/skins and game mechanics.
Link Posted: 11/30/2013 12:49:03 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

i wonder if it is a fall out MMO since skyrim is going MMO , not to hard to change some graphics/skins and game mechanics.
View Quote
I doubt they will sink $100,000,000 into a Fallout MMO with ESO being an unknown at this point in terms of success. They were freaking retarded to sink all of this money, time, and effort into ESO IMO. There are a million fantasy MMORPGs out there. There are no good survival RPGs like Fallout. DayZ is proof that there is huge potential for a survival game. Needless to say, I was really disappointed when I heard they went with Elder Scrolls for an online game.

Link Posted: 11/30/2013 5:10:37 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

I doubt they will sink $100,000,000 into a Fallout MMO with ESO being an unknown at this point in terms of success. They were freaking retarded to sink all of this money, time, and effort into ESO IMO. There are a million fantasy MMORPGs out there. There are no good survival RPGs like Fallout. DayZ is proof that there is huge potential for a survival game. Needless to say, I was really disappointed when I heard they went with Elder Scrolls for an online game.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

What's worse is that it plays like an MMO with the TES setting, instead of playing like Skyrim: Multiplayer.

Link Posted: 11/30/2013 5:22:27 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I read Kotaku now and then....the writers and commenters really don't like this country very much. I think it's funny how they think the COD:MW games are jingoist .gov propaganda, they must have played different versions than I did. I tracked down the article Minator556 referred to, here, and the logic isn't exactly compelling, especially considering what the "annoying beeping noises" turned out to say. Reading through what they say on Reddit, I'm convinced something related to Fallout is coming, even if it isn't Fallout 4.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep---quite a bit of ignorance on both Kotaku and IGN. I still read them now and again but I really don't take much of what they say seriously. FFS, IGN had a recent article bitching about the MSBS in COD Ghosts and I was left with the distinct impression that they had never actually used what they were "discussing."
Link Posted: 11/30/2013 5:25:52 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

AMEN! I don't know WTF they were thinking. I waited in line at PAX East for a look and other than the trailer for ESO I was not impressed. Making it subscription-based was the final nail in the coffin.
Link Posted: 11/30/2013 5:26:55 PM EDT
[#34]
I just hope Obsidian stays the hell out of it and doesn't screw up a potential masterpiece.  
Link Posted: 12/1/2013 12:24:34 PM EDT
[#35]
Did I miss something?  Time didn't expire? Nuclear winter hasn't started?
Link Posted: 12/1/2013 2:08:50 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Did I miss something?  Time didn't expire? Nuclear winter hasn't started?
View Quote
10 more days.

Link Posted: 12/1/2013 5:50:34 PM EDT
[#37]
3 new morse messages today, one after another, started as soon as the countdown clock ended.  Now the site is non-responsive.

ETA nevermind, the site is back up but has reverted back to the first of three messages that were posted earlier today.  Countdown clock is still pointed at December 11.

Link Posted: 12/3/2013 9:12:29 AM EDT
[#38]
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/12/03/potential-fallout-4-teaser-site-updated?utm_campaign=fbposts&utm_source=facebook

A mysterious teaser site that many assume is for Fallout 4 has been updated to include the phrase "Nuclear winter has come".

TheSurvivor2299.com was updated earlier today to include the new words, just above the countdown that's set to expire on December 11.
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/3/2013 11:00:10 AM EDT
[#39]
tentative
Link Posted: 12/4/2013 8:31:35 AM EDT
[#40]
While patiently waiting for Fallout 4 I re-installed NV.  What are the essential mods?  I'm going to play through in hard core mode.  Never did mod it before.  I am familiar with the nexus and i have NMM.

Great nexus is down.  Just my luck.
Link Posted: 12/4/2013 10:33:58 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

While patiently waiting for Fallout 4 I re-installed NV.  What are the essential mods?  I'm going to play through in hard core mode.  Never did mod it before.  I am familiar with the nexus and i have NMM.
Great nexus is down.  Just my luck.
View Quote
My bunker!

It was my first and only mod (so it's not quite as polished as many people's mods), but damned if it isn't the best player house ever if you don't care about a worthlessly large house.

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/35832

Link Posted: 12/6/2013 7:49:12 PM EDT
[#42]
It's officially a hoax, folks.  The guys who were running the Survivor 2299 site outed themselves, and Bethesda has pretty much confirmed no imminent release of Fallout 4.

Link Posted: 12/6/2013 7:50:41 PM EDT
[#43]

Link Posted: 12/6/2013 8:03:31 PM EDT
[#44]
Best troll i've seen in a long long time.

Props to the guy who did it but damn I wanted FO4 so badly!

Guess it goes back to my list of games that have to come out eventually. I'm talking about you half life 3....
Link Posted: 12/6/2013 11:37:38 PM EDT
[#45]
Damn good hoax.
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 8:52:53 AM EDT
[#46]
Well that sucks.  Sounded suspect in the first place.  I'd be pissed if not for the fact that I still don't have a reason to get a new machine.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 1:01:35 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 5:53:55 PM EDT
[#48]

I don't think it was a matter of if, but when. Thanks for the link though.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top