Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/29/2002 11:42:20 AM EDT
It seems to be difficult for me to get headshots regularly.  What can I do besides aim high and burst?  I'm on a 56K with a ping of 180ms but I can't get headshots on other 56ker very often.  I feel like there is some detail I'm missing.

Thanks,

Shok
Link Posted: 11/4/2002 5:22:25 AM EDT
[#1]
while you burst, try countering the recoil by bringing the gun down a bit after the first shot. That way, you can get 3-4 bullets in the same hole and get more headshots. Since your on 56k it also helps to aim ahead of your enemy, thanks to the .18 second delay before the server recognizes that you fired (assuming you have 180 ping)
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 1:10:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Actually you don't have to lead targets since like 1.0 they have lag compensation now, trust me. Also Qshok do you have a good computer? If you do make sure you're running it on OPEN GL, and make sure that you have your resolution turned up to the proper size for your monitor, it makes it easier to aim. More precise.
1024x768 17" monitor
800x600 15" monitor
Link Posted: 11/9/2002 9:14:01 AM EDT
[#3]
I got a Dell PIII 1Ghz, 512MB RAM, GeForce 2 400MX, and a 19" monitor.  I added an exhaust fan next to my video card to make sure the card and the box is cool.  I also put my optical mouse on a USB port for higher resolution.

My video resolution is 640X480.  I'll try a higher resolution.  Thats a good idea on aiming!

Thanks,

Shok
Link Posted: 11/11/2002 2:57:31 PM EDT
[#4]
try it in 800x600 at least. and also what type of guns are you having problems with? hs with guns that have a high rof are fairly easy. Colt, tmp, mac 10, mp5.
I like to keep the x hairs at head level and strafe left to right. it serves two purposes, making you alot harder to hit (since youre moving) and also will put a horizontal line of bullets at head level if you do it right..
kinda looks like this on the wall behind the person youre shooting ....(x x)......
(x x) = enemys head :)
one of them is bound to hit , and if not kill do significant damage.
Link Posted: 11/25/2002 6:57:39 PM EDT
[#5]
I put the bottom line of the crosshair on the enemys chest, usually works.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top