Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 174
Posted: 6/7/2013 6:51:52 PM EDT
The 87th

Charter

Officers’ council: All policy decisions, to include approval in major operations and diplomatic approvals are made by the council of senior officers, with a majority vote. The initial senior council will be appointed by Jaster and as we progress closer to full release, the membership will be changing. In times of emergency, when a council vote is note practical, a senior officer can make ‘boots on the ground’ decisions and orders. These decisions and orders are legally binding until countermanded or approved by a more senior officer or council vote. All orders and decisions made in this matter are considered to have been made in good faith for the benefit of the organization.

The council will conduct a TS meeting once a week. Any major policy changes or decisions have to be approved during such meeting.

Ranks and promotions:

Promotions: All promotions must be approved by the council of officers.

Membership: There are three categories of membership (separate from rank) in the squadron:

Active: Active members of the 87th are required to fly with the 87th tag active and must abide by the ROE.

Reserve: Reserve members are members of the 87th, but are not frequent players or have taken a leave of absence. Reserve players can be of any rank, but senior reserve officers will not be full voting members of the council. Reserve members will not have full access to org resources. On the flip side, they are not required to contribute to the org as much as active members. Any active member can change their commission to reserve, but a change to reserve by active must be approved by a member of the council, with follow on approval by council vote.

Probationary: Probationary members can be sponsored into the org by any officer. Promotion to active status must be approved by a council vote. Promotion to active status will be determined by the members’ contribution to the org and potential to be a productive member.

Recruiting: Potential members of the 87th must be sponsored by an officer of the 87th. New recruits will go through a probationary status. The probationary period will last until such time as the council of senior officers agrees to promote the new recruit into regular status.

Organization assets: Any active player can make use of org assets, with officer approval. Anyone making use of org assets are responsible for all repairs, resupply costs, etc. They will also be required to contribute 10% of their gross earnings during such endeavors to The 87th.

Ship Loadouts: All pilots are required to stock replicated crabmeat as part of their ships rations. There is a mandatory requirement. Failure to do so will result in … penalties.
Link Posted: 6/7/2013 7:55:20 PM EDT
[#1]
I have my spot reserved and donated tot he game 2 months ago.  I can't wait.
Link Posted: 6/8/2013 2:43:23 AM EDT
[#2]
I'll probably have to build a new computer  
Link Posted: 6/8/2013 6:07:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Why no ARFCOM option?

I got my Rear Admiral card and Connie Tshirt a week ago. I feel so special
Link Posted: 6/8/2013 6:38:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Hmmmmmm still haven't gotten my card I am disappoint now.
Link Posted: 6/8/2013 10:21:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Totally psyched about it. I havent purchased yet though - is it best to do so now?

Link Posted: 6/8/2013 12:40:03 PM EDT
[#6]
I funded on Kickstarter.  Still a long time away but I think it's going to be amazing if they pull off half of what they want to pull off.
Link Posted: 6/8/2013 6:44:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Totally psyched about it. I havent purchased yet though - is it best to do so now?

Best bet was to get in on it during the kickstarter. But get in as soon as you can.
Link Posted: 6/8/2013 6:45:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Oh a double tap for awesomeness
Link Posted: 6/8/2013 9:32:49 PM EDT
[#9]
There is no god but Roberts and Lamp is his prophet.
Link Posted: 6/9/2013 4:59:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
There is no god but Roberts and Lamp is his prophet.

The Lamp most certainly is. It was a riot when that happened.
Link Posted: 6/17/2013 5:45:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Got my Green Card today
Link Posted: 6/19/2013 3:02:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Got my Anvil Aerospace Hornet with lifetime insurance ready to go.  Will need a new computer but that's a different story.  Hopefully it was worth twice the cost for a Origin 300i.
Link Posted: 6/19/2013 5:51:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Best bet was to get in on it during the kickstarter. But get in as soon as you can.

You haven to buy in before next Friday (28 June) if you want lifetime insurance on your pledge ships.

Kharn

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/19/2013 6:27:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Holy S@#$!!  I looked at this game back when they were just getting started in development, and completely forgot about it.  I didn't think it had a shot of succeeding!

Now I have to find a way to buy in before June 28th.  I'm soooo in!!!

Any other good sites for info on the game, other than the official site?

Another humble suggestion for Squadron:   Alpha Romeo XV
Link Posted: 6/19/2013 6:39:31 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm trying to decide if i want the hornet or the 300i
Link Posted: 6/19/2013 7:06:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Are they charging CC's right away or when it goes alpha?

I'm really tempted to get the Hornet, but the release date is so far away...
Link Posted: 6/19/2013 7:21:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Are they charging CC's right away or when it goes alpha?

I'm really tempted to get the Hornet, but the release date is so far away...

Immediately charged, you're paying the devs' salaries this week.

Kharn

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/19/2013 11:10:57 PM EDT
[#18]
I thought if you pledged before 11/26/12 you got lifetime insurance on your pledge ship.  Also I thought you had a year after the cutoff date to buy additional ships with lifetime insurance.  Thinking about a second. I have the Hornet maybe the Aurora as a back up while filling out the accident report and waiting for a new Hornet?
Link Posted: 6/20/2013 12:01:22 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I thought if you pledged before 11/26/12 you got lifetime insurance on your pledge ship.  Also I thought you had a year after the cutoff date to buy additional ships with lifetime insurance.  Thinking about a second. I have the Hornet maybe the Aurora as a back up while filling out the accident report and waiting for a new Hornet?

That's for pledgers of the campaign. I believe this is a special deal to the 26 for people who were late. I'm 99% sure that backers still have a year.
Link Posted: 6/20/2013 1:54:39 AM EDT
[#20]
I have a Hornet but I'd seriously like to upgrade it to a Constellation and maybe add-on a 300i for dogfighting.
Link Posted: 6/20/2013 3:06:38 AM EDT
[#21]
Too bad the M50 gets no love.  I want more info on it.  Speed = life.
Link Posted: 6/20/2013 3:53:49 AM EDT
[#22]
I was thinking a M50 as a scout/AWACs platform. A bunch of guys I know who are going to play have some heavy hitters.
Link Posted: 6/20/2013 6:38:24 AM EDT
[#23]
I think an M50 would make a potent dogfighter in the right hands.  How many guns do you really need to destroy a ship?  I have the Constellation and I'm thinking of adding an M50 or another single seater.

I really want to find a small but dedicated "clan".
Link Posted: 6/20/2013 9:41:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I think an M50 would make a potent dogfighter in the right hands.  How many guns do you really need to destroy a ship?  I have the Constellation and I'm thinking of adding an M50 or another single seater.

Well as it stands at the moment we're not rolling too much in the squadron itself. We will be part of the carrier air group they have but we'll be self tasking unless something big is going on.
Link Posted: 6/20/2013 10:05:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

An M50 isn't going to be much of a dog fighter beyond hit and run attacks, a Hornet would tear one to hell if it managed to get a firing solution.

Kharn
Link Posted: 6/21/2013 11:48:43 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Unless you find somebody that will sell you one they bought during the pledge campaign, I don't think you can "add" an M50 right now. You may be able to buy one with cash after the game comes out without lifetime insurance, but I'm not sure.
Link Posted: 6/21/2013 1:24:07 PM EDT
[#27]
They're having a sale on the 300i starting today at some point and it will go on for the next week. There will be variants available like with the Aurora. I'll probably go ahead and pick one up (been wanting one anyway and was going to upgrade my Hornet to a Constellation later on).
Link Posted: 6/21/2013 3:12:42 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
They're having a sale on the 300i starting today at some point and it will go on for the next week. There will be variants available like with the Aurora. I'll probably go ahead and pick one up (been wanting one anyway and was going to upgrade my Hornet to a Constellation later on).

Thanks. More money to piss away. Only 1.5 years to go.
Link Posted: 6/21/2013 6:58:20 PM EDT
[#29]
well since there will be a ale i guess that answers the question of 300i or hornet...can't afford to get both
Link Posted: 6/21/2013 9:18:32 PM EDT
[#31]
I went ahead and got the 325a
Link Posted: 6/22/2013 6:28:32 AM EDT
[#32]
I'm a little conflicted if I need a 300i-series or not, I already have two Aurora LXs, a Hornet and a Constellation.
I've been thinking about a Cutlass for my pirate character, and using the Hornet for my good guy, but I've read some confusing information about how they're going to handle alt characters and I don't want my main char to be a pirate.

Kharn
Link Posted: 6/22/2013 10:02:09 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I'm a little conflicted if I need a 300i-series or not, I already have two Aurora LXs, a Hornet and a Constellation.
I've been thinking about a Cutlass for my pirate character, and using the Hornet for my good guy, but I've read some confusing information about how they're going to handle alt characters and I don't want my main char to be a pirate.

Kharn

You are in it deep. If you have the hornet get the 300 speedy one and sell of the Aurora LX's.  Wish the new site was open because supposedly you will be able to change ships easier.

Link Posted: 6/22/2013 2:57:27 PM EDT
[#34]
My plan centers around three characters:
1) Corporate 0.0 PVP type (Connie + Hornet)
2) Pirate (Aurora LX to start, plus a Cutlass if I buy one)
3) Explorer (Aurora LX)

They've made rumblings about only having one main character, maybe one alt, but have never outright said there would be three or more alts available per account from what I've read.

Kharn
Link Posted: 6/22/2013 8:05:52 PM EDT
[#35]
I must have been living under a rock, this looks fucking awesome!
How do I go about finding out which ship I should reserve and how do do so?
Link Posted: 6/23/2013 7:42:18 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
My plan centers around three characters:
1) Corporate 0.0 PVP type (Connie + Hornet)
2) Pirate (Aurora LX to start, plus a Cutlass if I buy one)
3) Explorer (Aurora LX)

They've made rumblings about only having one main character, maybe one alt, but have never outright said there would be three or more alts available per account from what I've read.

Kharn

Hell mine consists of......
My main character...playing as a...mercenary
Link Posted: 6/25/2013 1:32:05 PM EDT
[#37]
Damn you, Wingman Roberts.  Just when I thought I was out, you pull me back in.
Link Posted: 6/25/2013 1:42:51 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Damn you, Wingman Roberts.  Just when I thought I was out, you pull me back in.

Right on.  I don't have a gaming PC and haven't for like 5 years.  I'm going to budget $1k for my new gaming PC as a reward for my patience.
Link Posted: 6/25/2013 3:58:23 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 6/25/2013 6:02:05 PM EDT
[#40]
I splurged and bought the 325a.

Kharn
Link Posted: 6/25/2013 10:31:57 PM EDT
[#41]
Avenger is being revealed this weekend if I read it right.
Link Posted: 6/25/2013 10:37:21 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
There was a few threads floating in GD. Let's get a complete list of people who are in and have backed the game. And who wants to roll together.
Ideas for the squad name so far:

87th Special Operations Squadron
AR15 (No idea what to break it up into)

Arfcockolypse Republic 15.

Link Posted: 6/26/2013 5:47:14 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
With people expecting a $300ish price tag.

Kharn
Link Posted: 6/26/2013 1:19:01 PM EDT
[#44]

Anyone else get one yet?

The gold looking part of the card is actually a silver color. Ipad camera sucks.

I want a 350r real bad right now.

Or maybe the 315p.
Link Posted: 6/26/2013 2:40:44 PM EDT
[#45]
Some I didn't find out about this until after the kickstart was done. =/
Link Posted: 6/26/2013 3:04:51 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
With people expecting a $300ish price tag.

Kharn

I have heard it's closer to $150, but who knows. I may upgrade my Hornet to one depending upon the overall role of the ship (I've heard the Avenger is a two seater) and price. I want a Constellation and a smaller fighter type vessel to start with. If the Avenger is a Heavy Fighter type ship, I'll get one. I'll get the Constellation later before Nov 28th or whatever (last call for lifetime insurance for original backers).

It would be cool if you could mod client side ship models like you can in WoT.
Link Posted: 6/26/2013 4:53:52 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 6/28/2013 3:16:50 PM EDT
[#48]
Soo watching the livestream on RSI's website and guess what they have sitting in the corner of the room...a nice AR :)

ETA Might be airsoft they have a ton of gear now on the table
Link Posted: 6/28/2013 3:44:25 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Soo watching the livestream on RSI's website and guess what they have sitting in the corner of the room...a nice AR :)

ETA Might be airsoft they have a ton of gear now on the table

I cant sign into the new site.  I think I'm supposed to do something to migrate my account but i have no idea what it is.
Link Posted: 6/28/2013 4:12:46 PM EDT
[#50]
PM Sent
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 174
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top