Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/26/2002 9:18:25 PM EDT
I was once in the top ten highest ranking CS players in Canada, I use to live, breath and think nothing but CS...

At work, at home, anywhere was CS time...

Then came cheaters and I had to give up.

Gone the days of killing a whole clan single handed...

Gone the days of rushing into room fills of enemies with a MAC 10 and comming out alive...

DAMN YOU CHEATERS TO HELL!!

Link Posted: 8/26/2002 11:27:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't play nearly as much as I used to, because of all the cheating.  I doubt it will ever get better.
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 1:56:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Have you played any games with "PUNK BUSTER" installed...It messes up my game play when I installed it.
I play on Game Spy most of the time.
Glock-23
[pistol]
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 9:06:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Ya cheaters suck......then again so do people who ask to be banned and then come back and post again. [V]
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 9:33:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Ya cheaters suck......then again so do people who ask to be banned and then come back and post again. [V]
View Quote

Amen, brother.
Link Posted: 8/28/2002 4:48:16 AM EDT
[#5]
sgtar15,

Preaching to the choir...........Amen.
Link Posted: 8/28/2002 4:56:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Cheating is alot less of a problem now than it was...

I ran a server during the 'pre-speed-fix' days, and while teleporting a speeder to 500ft in the air was funny, they still wrecked the game pretty well untill the fix...

OTOH, I like CS better now, with bunnyhopping dead... If only they could make damage more realistic, though... I.e. no more rambo-rushing into anything and living through it...
Link Posted: 8/28/2002 5:23:10 AM EDT
[#7]
I used to play Delta Force 2 and Delta Force 3: Land Warrior all the frickin' time.  I could stand the SAW monkeys, always jumping about, firing at shadows.  Then the cheaters started popping up and it was impossible to enjoy a good game.  I don't mind running into someone who is truly better than me, because it's a learning lesson and you've got to respect them.  However, it got so bad that anybody who was half decent was immediately accused of cheating, and you spent the entire game defending yourself.  Then one of the video card companies released a cheat where you could turn solid objects into wireframe, and you could see everybody with x-ray vision.  They should have burned down the fucking company headquarters after that one.

BTW, I was an expert "Base Raper", and proud of it.  Nothing more fun than pinning them down with the OCIW or the Barrett. [}:D]
Link Posted: 8/28/2002 5:36:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I was once in the top ten highest ranking CS players in Canada, I use to live, breath and think nothing but CS...

At work, at home, anywhere was CS time...

Then came cheaters and I had to give up.

Gone the days of killing a whole clan single handed...

Gone the days of rushing into room fills of enemies with a MAC 10 and comming out alive...

DAMN YOU CHEATERS TO HELL!!

View Quote

hmmmmm. I hate CS now. Cheaters have ruined it for me also. I also never understood why some were able to dominate the way they did (such as yourself). I had my moments as well, but I was unable to maintain consistency. Skill may is definitely a factor...but connection is everything IMHO.
Link Posted: 8/28/2002 3:31:20 PM EDT
[#9]
sgtard, I asked to be banned, but behold as I warned, if my account wasn't closed, I may post again, and I did.

Technically I did like I said I would.
Link Posted: 8/28/2002 8:36:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
sgtard, I asked to be banned, but behold as I warned, if my account wasn't closed, I may post again, and I did.

Technically I did like I said I would.
View Quote

Sadly, you are correct.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 8/29/2002 12:05:06 PM EDT
[#11]
SUPPOSEDLY the new CVS condition zero, will have a mod that DIRECTLY reports to valve when someone is cheating, and will BAN their IP.

It is currently part of 1.5 (I THINK), but nothing is being done about it. It is just a background "ghost in the machine"

Cheaters will pay soon...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top