Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/20/2012 6:29:56 PM EDT
Got funds. Need new shooting-fuck comp.

Funds = $1,000 - $1,100.

Something awesome enough to fun BF3/DayZ and other shit-hot games out there with good settings and with ease.

I'm drunk, going shopping in morning. Please hapl.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 6:40:11 PM EDT
[#1]
goign to either frys eclectronics tonomrorrow or best by

halp

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 6:41:05 PM EDT
[#2]
wat should i be lookign for in fvideo card? Processor?

I know at least 8 gig ram will be enuf , but hot sure about processor and vid card.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 6:43:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:12:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Take a look at the Falcon Guide.

It's a little out of date, as I do not think it has been updated for Ivy Bridge or the 600-series GTX cards.  Look for the best Core i5 with a K that you can get, though - most games just won't make use of the hyperthreading on an i7, so you really aren't getting your money's worth there.  I think nvidia has the better drivers and support between them and ATI, so I tend to prefer them.  Get an SSD for your OS and any often-used programs (like your favorite games) and a second normal hard drive for any movies/music/storage.  The hard drive is a big bottleneck in a lot of systems, and you'll see more difference spending some money there first than in an i7 or a GTX 6xx.  Shoot for a Z68 or Z77 chipset on your motherboard.  If you have a Microcenter nearby, consider dropping in there just for the CPU.  They often use Intel CPUs as loss leaders, and you can usually find them there for pretty cheap (quick Google search says you can save about 50 bucks on an i5-3750K if you buy it at MicroCenter instead of newegg).
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:59:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Is the SSD drive really necessary? It'd be nice to cut the extra $80 out since I didn't figure in buying the operating system

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 6:02:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 6:13:49 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

After using SSDs for the last few years, it's hard to use anything else.  It's worth the cost at this point.

What's it utilized for?

I wouldn't know how to set it up or use it if I bought it.

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 7:22:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Quoted:
After using SSDs for the last few years, it's hard to use anything else.  It's worth the cost at this point.

What's it utilized for?

In the build I listed, it is used as a cache drive for the HDD.  Which speeds up things dramatically while still giving you the advantage of a high capacity hard drive.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 7:30:09 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What's it utilized for?

In the build I listed, it is used as a cache drive for the HDD.  Which speeds up things dramatically while still giving you the advantage of a high capacity hard drive.

I'll probably purchase one sometime in the future to see how it goes

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 1:00:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
goign to either frys eclectronics tonomrorrow or best by
halp

Got to newegg and Amazon. Better prices and selection.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top