Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/6/2002 5:48:56 AM EDT
Questions:

Does anyone here play paintball? (I did for 6 years in a national league)

Anyone want to buy my old paintball gun?

(and is there a section on AR15.com to list it for sale?)

--LS
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 6:13:59 AM EDT
[#1]
what team?
what marker?
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 10:07:48 AM EDT
[#2]
I played with the All Americans II for 6 years. Retired a little over a year ago.

It is a Vertical feed shocker.

[img]http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/e5db3464/bc/Shocker/Shocker+-3.jpg?bc8m6d9AgNTHi_QH[/img]

Shocker
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 10:10:32 AM EDT
[#3]
I love to play. Usually get out at least once or twice a month in the summer. When I was younger we played a lot more. I still have my PMI-1 and even my old Splatmaster somewhere around my parent's house.

I told AntiUSSA that I thought a BRC03 paintball tourney would be a cool thing. He nixed it because he thought it was too dangerous to mix live fire w/paint. I don't know if I agree with that but he's paying the insurance bond premium so it's his burrito.

Link Posted: 8/6/2002 10:51:26 AM EDT
[#4]
I passed it on to my brother who is a tourney player his current rig is a 2K1 Ice Blue Fly Angel.  What do you want for the shocker?
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 7:16:06 PM EDT
[#5]
This is from my ad on www.warpig.com --->

It is a 2000 Vertical feed shocker with:
- 68oz 4500psi Ni. Tank bottom line MaxFlow
- Drop forward
- Gadget Grip
- 9volt adapter
- on/off
- trigger work (shorten/shim)
- 4 AllAmerican Barrels:

The gun is in perfect shape, and looks as good as new.

Asking $680.00 +s/h Cash only. No trades please.

703-862-9870
[email protected]

Photos Here --

[url=photos.yahoo.com/bc/martin_hyc/lst?.dir=/Shocker&.src=ph&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/bc/martin_hyc/vwp%3f.dir=/Shocker%26.dnm=Shocker%2b-1.jpg%26.src=ph&.view=t]Shocker[/url]
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 10:32:55 AM EDT
[#6]
First post. [newbie] LOL. Anyway, I've heard quite a bit about this forum, and I'm looking into an AR15, so I thought I'd join. I had no idea this type of stuff (paintball, etc.) would be here. Glad to see others support it. I used to get out and play a bit. In fact, I used to reff and work in a custom Pro Shop about a year ago. Great fun. I currently have a custom Autococker with CF nitro and tons of other goodies. Might sell it, not sure. If anyone's looking for one, let me know. I'll have pictures soon.

By the way, nice looking marker there, Longshot. The airchambers in those things are cavernous! A well made marker. Good luck on selling it, I don't think you'l have too much trouble finding a buyer.
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 12:07:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 1:36:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Hoplite, I'm drooling over the thought of a KP2 or 3. [:)] The valve in that thing is a pain to get back in (I worked on one for a while. Even my boss had a hard time with it, and he's been working with the stuff since the conception of the sport). But it's a beauty! I'm trying to find the time (and money) to go and play one more time before I sell my Cocker. I've got an early edition Trracer (it's got an 8" barrel and an original factory co2 adaptor!) that I'm going to keep. Pumps are great if you can use them effectively.
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 2:09:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 2:12:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 3:33:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Hoplite, I agree with you. When I first got my Autococker, I started getting into the habit of spraying-and-praying. I didn't like what it did to my wallet, nor how I would tag some people multiple times. I found out my boss (ex-boss, we moved) had an old '85 PGP. I was all over him for it, and asked if he would let me borrow it on my next off day. He agreed, and, man, I had a blast.

I learned to control my finger (not because you've only got 10 rounds on tap, and you've got to pump between them, but the range sucked after the first few rounds, so once you put a shot off, everyone knew where you were). Most important, with pumps, you communicate much more efficiently. I got all my elims using the PGP (or most, anyway) by talking to other players and letting them know when there was movement or a rush coming. You get half credit for elims like that, and boy, it makes you, AND your wallet, feel great! And you rely on skill.

Pumps should be all the rage. [^]
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 12:16:47 PM EDT
[#12]

Pumps should be all the rage.
View Quote

I have to agree that one of the most FUN outings in 7 years worth of play was with all pumps.

Most challenging still goes to the semis though.

--LS
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 12:23:44 PM EDT
[#13]
I don't think I've ever played a "true" pump only game before. [:(] But I can say that using a pump against semi's is a true challenge. It's the greatest feeling when you nail the guy with an Angel with your PGP or other similar $90 pump[:D] (although Phantoms ARE nice).
Link Posted: 8/17/2002 12:08:41 PM EDT
[#14]
I haven't played at all this year.  I'm primarily a rec-baller (tourney play is way too expensive) and I've picked up some new shooting buddies so I'm spending more time at the range than on the speedball field.  One of my shooting buddies was a handgun instructor and a sniper for a while in the Marines, so I'm getting some critical coaching on what I've been doing wrong.

I've also become burnt out on speedball and the posers out there who have the gear, but no game.  I do admit it's fun to show up for rec games in BDU's or jeans, then single out one guy with an angel (who obviously doesn't know how to use it), and tag him with a stock Tippmann.  I'm all for progress, but it's gotten to the point where a good paintball marker costs more than a high-end IPSC racegun or a target rifle.  
Link Posted: 8/18/2002 6:17:12 AM EDT
[#15]
I play rec-ball too. The crowd I hang out with all shoot semiautos. Spyders, Tippmans, Scorpions, etc. Our games are usually short enough nobody carries extra paint onto the field. We play outdoors on public land and most of us are into effective cammo. Us older guys are more conservative about our paint, but sometimes the kids aren't. We don't mind [;)', unless it's our kid. [:(]

Last weekend one of my friends and I sat on a hill top and challenged people to come and get us. 5 middle school kids took up the challenge. When they moved into the trees we did likewise. When they noticed we were no longer in the open they high-tailed it to the open. [:D] And I just laid there on the ground talking to them..."I seeee yooooouuu," and some kid would jump postition. Then they were all clumped behind the same large bush "Now we got you where we want you!" And one of them was heard to say "That doesn't sound good." [:D] Psy-ops warfare at work.

So my buddy and I surrounded them and shot them all.

We keep trying to teach them not to cluster together like that. Maybe someday they'll learn.
Link Posted: 8/18/2002 11:36:54 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/18/2002 7:23:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Tango7:  unrealistic and un-fun?  I guess.  Tourney ball is no longer the wargame people think of.  Competition ball has evolved into a sport like soccer or football, with bright uniforms replacing cammies.  Camo is ineffective when you're hiding behind a big red triangle or a big blue tube.  Tourney play is played nowadays aren't played in the woods, except for older fields.  Most of the newer fields have inflatable bunkers and are netted-in for spectator viewing.  Like other sports, the layout of the field is close to being as mirrored as possible, so team has an unfair advantage.  With the average 5-man field being 200x75, there is no stalking.  You play point, mid or back.  Back players lay suppressive fire so the point and mid guys can seize the flag.  Carrying up to a case of paint (2000 rounds), playing back is left to big guys that can't run fast.

The new inflatable bunker systems allow tourneys to held in places like the Toronto Skydome (artificial turf on concrete), where sinking posts is not possible.

Playing in the woods is fun if everyone uses the honor system and refrains from wiping or cheating.  Otherwise, it's hard to officiate without giving away someone's cover.  
Link Posted: 8/18/2002 9:45:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/19/2002 12:03:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Sounds like you play the way we do Tango7. Except we don't play with time outs. When your out, your out. When you've eliminated all of your opponents you've won.

We do at times play tag. When you get hit you pop in a muzzle plug and stay where you are until a team mate "tags" you, then you're back in. When all of your opponents are waiting to be tagged back in and there is no one to tag them you've won. A fast and furious game at times.
Link Posted: 8/19/2002 12:25:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Hey,

Anyone in Northern VA play paintball and wanna go out sometime?

--LS
Link Posted: 8/20/2002 9:40:02 AM EDT
[#21]
Speaking of retiring, there's a member at the conservation club rifle range I belong to that retired from Farside.  There's a few old Lords of Discipline that come out of the woodwork once in a while, too.
Link Posted: 8/20/2002 11:51:15 AM EDT
[#22]
Farside is/was a good team.

I think we destroyed them one day in Chicago though, and took quite few beatings from them too.

--LS
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top