BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/4/2002 9:01:34 AM EDT
Anybody play this one?

[Edited to see if it works]
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 4:43:45 AM EDT
[#1]
No.

But I have played Mechwarrior 1-3. They're all great, and I'd recommend picking up 2 & 3 first, as they're both great and would be much cheaper even together. (Mechwarrior 2 has the best instrumental soundtrack of any game I've ever played.) You can probably find MW3 in a bargain bin-type arrangement in a software store for $10 or less. MW2 could be bought for pocket change if you can find it in a store, or it probably wouldn't be hard to find as "abandonware."

Do you already have MW4, or are you considering buying it? If so, I'd love to hear about it first-hand.

PS - If its anything like its three predecessors, it comes highly recommended.
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 11:36:24 AM EDT
[#2]
I bought MW4 as soon as it was released.  I cannot believe it is not one of the most popular games of all time.  It is really that good.

I am not Mr. Computer Gaming Geek or anything, but there is something about this game that is fantastic.  It never gets boring. If you continue dying in a level it never becomes monotonous changing your weapons config's to beat the level.

I started playing the series with MW2, and this is by far the cream of the crop.  Unfortunately, I had to upgrade my OS to XP for some business programs to run properly, and now my Wingman Xtreme won't work for shit.  I am finishing my new home office in the next two weeks,after which I will buy a new PC and XP-friendly joystick.  Then I will buy the MW4 expansion and start having fun again.

Just my .02. I really don't see anyone who is disappointed with this game though.

Biggun
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 11:48:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top