Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 1/3/2012 9:18:29 AM EDT
Since the BF3 threads seem to have been lost to the ravages of time...

I've had some doozies over the years, but I saw a brand new one last night.

I was on VI's infantry-only Strike at Karkand server.  I was on the US team, and had infiltrated back to the Warehouse flag.  We didn't control Gatehouse or Train or Market, so we desperately needed Warehouse.

I swam over and snuck up the side ramp, begging my squad for help.  One spawned on me, and we moved in.

Got the flag neutralized before bad guys started showing up.  It was still just the two of us, and there was a desperate fight as we struggled for the flag.

We finally had it just about capped as a spawn point, then I was killed.  I saw my squadmate fighting two bad guys (one had just spawned on the other) while I waited to spawn, then I came in and helped.  I killed one, but the second one killed my squadmate.  And we were all piled up, so it happened very fast.  I'd emptied my AK on his squadmate, and he got mine.

The flag was sooo close to captured, but if I died we'd have no way to finish taking it, and I couldn't break free and wait for my squadmate.

With just me and the bad guy left, the flag was holding still.  He turned and saw me while I transitioned to my G18.  We fired at the same time, and then the weirdest damned thing happened.

My bullets hit and killed him.

Then his bullets hit and killed me.

And as I saw the ghost screen come up, I received points for taking the flag.

Turns out that that tiny fraction of a second between our deaths, when I was alone and alive on the flag, was all it needed to finish coming to our side.  Teammates spawned in on it and we ended up winning.

I've seen duels where both shooters die, that happens, but I've never seen one where a spawn point was captured during that moment.

And we were close, only two corpses away from each other, so it happened unmeasurably fast.

Crazy game.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 12:58:41 PM EDT
[#1]
i drive a tank
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 1:00:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I got stabbed. Called a guy a homo.  He recognized my AR15 clan tag and told me he was making a thread in GD about stabbing me amd was going to put my tags on the EE.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 5:12:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Couple of tards sitting on the run way waiting for the jets to spawn on Caspian Border.

I come in with my helicopter.   I nuke one dude with my rockets, he's dead.    Well his buddy sitting in the near by lane sees this and goes prone thinking he can play possum.   I haven't gotten tone from a radar lock yet and it's obvious he can't shoot me down.   So I fly over to where he's at, when I get directly over him I slam the chopper down right on top of him.   Splat, runway pizza.

Great road kill with the chopper and I laughed for about 2 minutes straight after that.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 7:11:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Couple of tards sitting on the run way waiting for the jets to spawn on Caspian Border.

I come in with my helicopter.   I nuke one dude with my rockets, he's dead.    Well his buddy sitting in the near by lane sees this and goes prone thinking he can play possum.   I haven't gotten tone from a radar lock yet and it's obvious he can't shoot me down.   So I fly over to where he's at, when I get directly over him I slam the chopper down right on top of him.   Splat, runway pizza.

Great road kill with the chopper and I laughed for about 2 minutes straight after that.

Does something not pop over a player's head to let others know if they are friend or foe?   Why would he think he could play dead?  

I really need to try BF3.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 7:11:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I've had that happen to me before. Wasn't very pleased about it.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 7:11:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Does something not pop over a player's head to let others know if they are friend or foe?   Why would he think he could play dead?  

I really need to try BF3.

Yes it does. Some people that play this game are literally retarded sometimes. I'll be in a tank and They'll be out in the open and just lay down. Guess they know that they're pretty much fucked.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 9:10:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Sometimes it works.  When it's your only option, try it and you might be surprised.

at the stories so far
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 10:08:14 PM EDT
[#8]
I ran up to C4 a tank on conquest and as soon as I got close, the engineer popped out and someone spawned on him I panicked and threw out one C4 pack, ran past both of them, detonated it killing both of them, ran back C4'd the tank, and then knifed another guy who just happened to be the wrong place at the wrong time. This all happenned in the span of 5 -7 seconds.

And funny moment was, I was waiting to respawn and saw Miata chasing 2 guys on Wake Island with the skid loader trying to get a road kill. The skid loader was on fire with about 3-4 other guys shooting at him and he was still chasing them. My son and I were laughing so hard. It was hilarious. And he did get the roadkill like a boss.

ETA: One more. I was on Gulf of Oman and ended up near the enemy spawn and killed 3 guys heading to the attack chopper. I shot at one guy, got a few hits, but didn't kill him. He got to the helicopter, and was really, REALLY intent on killing me. He chased me around the hill and was about 10 feet off the ground about 20 feet away spamming rockets at me. You kinda had to be there, but it was funny as hell.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 10:19:03 PM EDT
[#9]
My favorite moment happened just the other day. I was running around as an engineer planting mines and blowing tanks up on Wake Island. I had the Javelin up when a jeep full of enemies popped up on the road in front of me. They were coming full speed right at me. I tried to get a lock on but didn't have time. I tried to jump out of the way but they were too quick. They roadkilled me big time. Their celebration was short lived, however. You see, I had just planted a couple of mines about 10 meters behind where they ran me over! Their jeep blew up and I got like 800 points when you include the various kills and bonuses. I wish I could have seen the looks on their faces!
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 4:55:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Played the other night on Dmavand peak Rush, was waiting at the bottom of the cliff , up against the rocky wall, watching the attackers parachute down. I managed to pic 4 guys out of thier chutes with the svd, and then spun around to take out both door gunners out of a huey.  I then procedded to get hella wrecked the rest of the evening ending my feeling of awesomness in a hurry!
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 7:12:56 AM EDT
[#11]
I have a bit of a reputation of being a c4 troll to armor.  So the other night on the Team America server I'm in a tank and I see a support guy running up on me to plant c4 and give me some payback. An arfcommer of course.  At this point, he's too close to blast with the main gun. So I hop out of the tank to shoot him.  Well that didn't go as planned, because I was armed with a blow torch.  I didn't have time and needed to act fast, because he was going to blow me sky high. So I preceded to torch him to death!  Luckily I turned him into Kentucky Fried Arfcommer before he could activate his clacker.  Not my best moment, but one of the funnier ones in recent memory.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 9:59:05 AM EDT
[#12]
This one was a kill that happened to me.

I had just died and was waiting to spawn on a squad mate. As soon as I clicked deploy it launched into the knifing cinematic... Apparently someone was about to knife my teammate and I spawned in to take his place. Yelled at him on Skype, he turned and shot the guy.

Saved his life with my own there.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 10:03:39 AM EDT
[#13]
I think my favorite moments of the game are when your team is assaulting an objective, and you've got bullets flying everywhere overhead and debris exploding all over the place. Then you start getting some footholds and pushing the enemies back and then finally take the objective.

Last night I was on Strike at Karkand playing on the US team. Immediately went straight for suburbs with a squad spawning on me. House to house fighting and then holding up in the main two story building defending that from waves of baddies trying to retake the point.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 6:34:46 PM EDT
[#14]
I killed a man with a trident.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 7:53:08 PM EDT
[#15]
My favorite was on the terhan highway rush. Ran down the cliff over the cliff bunker area at the second set of MCOM.... In a abrams, crashed through the back wall of the building the MCOM was in. Gunner hopped out and planted, while I Coxialed anyone who ran in the door
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 1:10:42 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 3:11:44 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

I killed a man with a trident.

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 3:33:51 AM EDT
[#18]
Took out an emeny attack chopper with my team's attack chopper, the guy bailed so I circled around and hit him with the nose of the chopper as he was parachuting down, resulting in a roadkill.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 5:25:23 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I've had a few really good ones:

1. I like to set mines, preferably in hard to spot areas.  I was playing on Wake Island this weekend and set some mines in a shallow depression.  I was over a slight rise down the road shooting javs at choppers and whatnot when I hear BOOOOOM! followed by a triple kill roll over my screen.  While I'm sitting there smug as you like, the burning hulk of the blown up jeep flies over my little hill and makes me a smear of strawberry jam on the side of the road.

2. Flying in a little bird with FTAggie over an enemy tank.  I'm hucking C4 out of the door like it owes me money.  I want the appropriate amount of time and hit the clacker.  Our little bird went up in a gigantic 6 brick of C4 explosion.  Apparently you can't properly distribute explosives out of a chopper like in BFBC2.

3. I also like to use Frag rounds in the AA-12 and other shotguns.  On Oman, I saw a group of two guys running toward me across a patch of open ground.  I raised up and popped two rounds into the lead guy of the pair.  Occasionally frag rounds make the bad guy go ballistic.  These were no exception.  I popped bad guy No.1 and he went sailing about 300' up and to the left.  I watched his buddy track his friend flying across the screen, pause, look back toward me and pause again right before the last frag rounds in my magazine finished him off.

4. Put C4 on a jet deciding to be smarmy.  I flew the jet into a semi loaded transport chopper, bailed, and hit the clacker.  Kerblam.

5. Put C4 on a jet and as I was taking off, I'm fairly sure one of the C4 packs took a 9mm round resulting in a $50,000,000 fireball.

6. Today I killed a fully loaded skid loader (3 guys) with 12 frag rounds.  Damn that was beautiful.

7. My buddy roadkilled two guys in the DPV within 5 seconds of each other.  The corpses got stuck under our DPV making it uncontrollable. We drunkenly drove around for a bit before running right into the side of an enemy tank *kerpoof*

8. Set a claymore on a crowded hallway on Oman.  I was instantly bumrushed by 2 guys from my front.  I smoke the first and am part way through the second when I suicide followed by another kill rolling through.  I sat there confused then realized I was standing in front of my claymore when a bad guy came up behind me to knife me.  Claymore triggered, taking us both with it.

I remember #2.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 11:46:52 AM EDT
[#20]
About a month ago I was in Operation Firestorm, hardcore CQ, as a T-90 gunner. Driver and I didn't have comm. Regardless, we were shooting the crap out of everything. That's where I got my 13 streak at. Anyway, we were backing out from the warehouses towards the US side. I heard the gun from a jet really fucking close to us. I turned looking up a little expecting to find him passing above us. WRONG!!! He landed on the highway and came to a stop just before he taxiied into us, while shooting. After a WTF, we both turned to shoot him, driver with the coacial. I got the kill, but had a great laugh over that one.

Another time in Operation Firestorm playing hardcore Rush with FTAggie...we were attacking, he was in the A-10 after a SU-25. I was a gunner in a tank and took his kill from him.

Love the random shots. Lastnight in Gulf of Oman, at the Vets flag...I saw someone running towards the flag, but lost track of them. I saw our flag going down getting ready to be neutralized. I took a rnadom shot with a SMAW. The bad guy was just inside of the building against the wall when my rocket killed her. Took her place and recaptured our flag.

Been playing engineer lately. I giggle whenever I kill a tank with mines. At Tehran Highway in CQ, doesn't matter if I'm RU or US, I always run down to the first objective and throw mines in front of it. A tank , IFVor Vodnik will usually try and rush into the first objectives. My wife looks at me when I giggle. "Another kill with mines". "Yep"

Link Posted: 1/7/2012 5:36:45 AM EDT
[#21]
On Firestorm, a guy was standing under the sign across the hwy.  I flew the chopper under the sign and squished him.

Another occasion, out of nowhere a body lands on the canopy of the chopper I'm flying.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 7:09:57 AM EDT
[#22]
My best so far...

Seine Crossing, Conquest.

I was on a great team, we almost constantly forced the enemy to roll clockwise after taking all flags.  So the enemy was left to take Flag A at most times.  This lead them to flow to Flag C next.  This is where I really LOVE the Famas.  I ran completely dry on ammo, including Grenades.  But managed a 11 kill streak.

At the start of the streak I spawned on Flag C right on the top side of the nasty stairwell.  I sprayed and prayed 2 kills and got the hell out of there to cover and drop a medkit.  Probably the closest spawn battle I have ever been in.  Especially since it wasn't a squad spawn in the middle of a fight.  Then picked a camp spot as I knew I was the only one in the courtyard to defend at the moment.  After the major wave died down I left the courtyard to find some trouble at Flag D.  Moving down the sidewalk I catch 2 runners heading right at me, then a third from the sidewalk through the windows on the corner shop of the Flag D.  After that it was pretty much just moving around on that back street picking off those pesky solo players.  Until I ran out of ammo and lost that last gun fight.  Not even a chance at getting to the sidearm.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 6:39:40 PM EDT
[#23]
I think it was on tehran highway that I was on a TOW , waiting for a tank to come into my sight when three dudes come hauling ass towards me in a russian jeep.
They slam into the TOW (I see the grill of the jeep through the sight), but they don't fire the mounted MG or even try to get out, so I fire the TOW.

3 kills, points for destroying a vehicle, and a suicide.
Link Posted: 1/8/2012 5:33:48 AM EDT
[#24]
My best moment was when I jumped off the building over looking the back A and the flank of B on Karkand, landed on the parked LAV that was there, planted my 3 c4 and jumped blindly only to land on top of an Abrams that one of my teammate had stolen and blown past the LAV thinking it was empty.  Click Click Click, 2 kills, disable, destroy, end kill streak.  Thats really the only time I wish I had FRAPS.
Link Posted: 1/8/2012 8:53:29 AM EDT
[#25]
Probably the funniest:

On bazaar, I was assault with the XM26 FRAG, up near A.  This LAV comes screaming past me, and stops at the intersection.  The enemy had mined this intersection pretty heavily, and they had mines EVERYWHERE.  

2 shots from the XM26 FRAG at some mines on the ground, and the whole intersection went up.  Got 5 kills, and a bunch of those Anti-Explosives ribbons. . . .
Link Posted: 1/8/2012 11:34:12 AM EDT
[#26]
dude dropped a claymore and me and a team mate killed him. We then both shot at the claymore to clear it and team mate got a suicide He apparently forgot to read front towards enemy
Link Posted: 1/8/2012 5:52:40 PM EDT
[#27]
Don't know the map name, but put four mines down in front of the other teams' Abrams.  Ran off to do something else.  Got shot.  The guy who shot me jumped in the Abrams with a buddy and drove two feet before dying.  I got to watch from my "death cam".  Abrams spawned back, same guy got in it.  Drove into my other mines.
Link Posted: 1/9/2012 12:09:46 PM EDT
[#28]
Not a moment, but a whole round. 64 man server on Gulf of O, full. Running a 4 man squad (skype up) for the Russians. 1 Recon, 3 Jav Engineers.

Recon immediately goes to the top of the crane at the construction site and sets up SOFLAM, the rest of us hop into tanks and lavs. With guided missles and javs on lazed targets we wipe out all the vehicles from their beach spawns and cap all the points. That ended up with 3 of us sitting on the beach with tanks launching guided missles at each and every chopper and jet that came inland and gunning down any boat that came ashore.

You would think the other players would abandon the server. But they did not.

Our 3 engineers ended up 1, 2, 3 for the MVPs with kills ranging from 35-50 and less than 10 deaths between the 3 of us. Just complete and total domination.
Link Posted: 1/9/2012 1:28:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Last night we got almost an entire team to rage quit because we were flying in the party chopper destroying everything in sight at Norshar Canals.  T-90s? No problem for Party Chopper.  Mi-28 Havocs? Easy pickin's for the party chopper.  Capping points? Nothing a little fancy hovering in the party chopper can't handle.  The even funnier part was that someone on the other team requested that map.

Good times!

Couldn't have done it without an awesome crew on the mini guns and repairing.
Link Posted: 1/9/2012 1:54:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Last night we got almost an entire team to rage quit because we were flying in the party chopper destroying everything in sight at Norshar Canals.  T-90s? No problem for Party Chopper.  Mi-28 Havocs? Easy pickin's for the party chopper.  Capping points? Nothing a little fancy hovering in the party chopper can't handle.  The even funnier part was that someone on the other team requested that map.

Good times!

I wish more squads had comm and awesome team work like this.

I usually end up on a squad and I'm the only one with comm. A few maps later and a guy with comm hops on, but he wants to give a detailed blow by blow of whats going on near him.
Link Posted: 1/9/2012 3:41:28 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good times!

I usually end up on a squad and I'm the only one with comm. A few maps later and a guy with comm hops on, but he wants to give a detailed blow by blow of whats going on near him.

Do you play on PC?
Link Posted: 1/9/2012 4:07:45 PM EDT
[#32]
Why have I not been playing this game?  It sounds like it kicks MW3's grenade spamming cheapness.
Link Posted: 1/9/2012 6:05:45 PM EDT
[#33]
Last night, I was riding in a tank with my brother in law . He was the driver / main gunner . A jet started strafing us, so he rotated the turret toward it's angle of attack, and blew it out of the sky as it passed about 100 feet over us.
Link Posted: 1/9/2012 9:30:45 PM EDT
[#34]
Long read, but I was crying my guts out with laughter for 30 minutes.
I was playing Hardcore conquest with 2 buddies, and Wake Island comes up.

Well we are on the team that spawns on the Carrier, and I happen to get in the pilot's seat of the AH-1Z.  The rest of my team seems to be on the deck of the carrier as well, probably all tried to spawn in aircraft.

As the match starts, I am feeling a little lazy, and I do not lift off right away.  Suddenly, my helo is shot up and on fire from someone on my team, ( I do not know who at this point, turns out it was a guy in the Hornet).  
I say over the mic "WTF, someone shot my chopper!", and as I get out to repair the Cobra, I PRESS THE WRONG BUTTON and my rocket launcher comes out.

Yep, instead of repairing my chopper, I fire a rocket into it, killing the helo, my co-pilot, and myself.
Well, my squad buddies saw this happen and figured another guy on the carrier deck killed me, and they go to seek revenge.  When I re-spawn on my squad, practically our entire team is team killing each other, I get a few team kills, go down, and I am squad revived about the time the helo re-appears.
Now at this point, I am the only one alive on the carrier deck, and I run over to the Cobra.  I lift off and start towards Wake Island when I can hear my squad spawn on deck and the team slaughter has resumed.
During the team killing, some guy in another squad places a spawn becon on deck, and it was destroyed in the heavy fighting, "FUCK YO EQUIPMENT!!" my buddy yells out, and I say fuck Wake island, "I am going to make a strafing run on own carrier!  MUHAHAHA!"

I launch all of my rockets into the mess of teammates, and as I am coming in, I notice one guy left standing.

Only one thing left to do at this point, I crash land into that bastard and the tail of my chopper kills him before he even knew what hit him.
I was then kicked for team killing.

Link Posted: 1/10/2012 6:41:13 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good times!

Do you play on PC?

No...360
Link Posted: 1/11/2012 7:21:56 AM EDT
[#36]
Playing hardcore team rush (and winning every single time) we arm the 1st MCOM on Caspian border.  This is the MCOM inside of the shipping container on top of the hill.

I drove my EOD bot up there, but it was already armed, so I parked my bot in front of the MCOM for a little flamethrower defense.  All four guys on the other squad came in and I got a squad wipe with the EOD bot.
Link Posted: 1/11/2012 7:11:11 PM EDT
[#37]
Defender on Rush on Caspian.   On the first set of M-coms, I go recon and go out in the field by the container mcom.  Just doing spots and random shots.  I hear a vehicle and don't see a friendly on the map.   Get out of the scope and there's a HMMV.   I pull the pistol, but of course it's armored.   They run my dumb ass over.   I respawn right next to a new tank.  Head over to the other Mcom just in time to see the Hmmv heading off in the distance by the tower/forest.   I head over in the tank.   They turn around and are coming back on the "service road" by the fences.   I lead the shot and take out the hummer.   3 guys get out and start running.  Switch to 7.62.   All 3 go down.   I'm guessing it wasn't worth the 10 point passenger kill that the other 2 got.
Link Posted: 1/12/2012 4:50:44 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Defender on Rush on Caspian.   On the first set of M-coms, I go recon and go out in the field by the container mcom.  Just doing spots and random shots.  I hear a vehicle and don't see a friendly on the map.   Get out of the scope and there's a HMMV.   I pull the pistol, but of course it's armored.   They run my dumb ass over.   I respawn right next to a new tank.  Head over to the other Mcom just in time to see the Hmmv heading off in the distance by the tower/forest.   I head over in the tank.   They turn around and are coming back on the "service road" by the fences.   I lead the shot and take out the hummer.   3 guys get out and start running.  Switch to 7.62.   All 3 go down.   I'm guessing it wasn't worth the 10 point passenger kill that the other 2 got.

Payback is a mofo.
Link Posted: 1/12/2012 6:43:32 AM EDT
[#39]
Last night in Oman with Jake and FTAggie...Jake and I were running from the Vet memorial...he's pinned down by a tank. I'm prone with my LMG. He mumbles about 'I'm pinned, someone shoot him'. My dumb ass with my M240 acts as a distraction to get the tank away from Jake so he can complete what he set out to do. EDIT* Of course a tank always wins against a gunner at 80 yards shooting a tank with an M-240.* Sometimes, you got to be the sacrificial lamb.
Link Posted: 1/12/2012 7:01:36 AM EDT
[#40]
Installed the game.  Got really pissed off at Origin.  Finally got into a game with a buddy back home.  Got booted with a message saying "Find a game in your own country".  After much frustration finally joined a Korean server.  Got my ass handed to me for an hour by little kids.  Cried.  Went on ARFCOM and posted about it.

That's my experience with BF3

ETA: Did I mention I don't like Origin?
Link Posted: 1/12/2012 9:19:49 AM EDT
[#41]
Two more from me.

First, an oldie from a prior BF3 thread.  Kharg island 64-player conquest.  I was on the Russian team.  I was running to Army Outpost on foot from Construction Site, when Outpost is retaken by a teammate.  Next thing I see is a damaged enemy little bird diving toward the flag, oblivious to my approach.  My teammate had run up a hill and couldn't or didn't take a shot at the pilot.  I finally crested the low ridge and got in sight of the flag, where the little bird had landed and the pilot, its only crew, had bailed out and begun repairing it with his torch while taking the flag.  I had an engineer kit but was carrying mines rather than a torch, and the disabled heli wouldn't do me much good.  So I shot the pilot as he was torching it, then ran over, grabbed his torch kit, and finished the repair.  Got in and took off as the flag returned to our control.  My scout heli kit has AA missiles, so I started looking for targets and found the enemy Cobra circling the gas station.  While the other teammate on army outpost complimented my heli steal, I fired one missile at the Cobra, expecting it to drop flares.  It did, but, right as I fired, an F-18 flew between us, headed toward offices from their carrier.  And my missile acquired the F-18 and instantly veered left and shot off after it.  I figured that was weird, but fired my second missile at the still-locked Cobra.  That one killed the Cobra, but I noticed a second "vehicle destroyed" message scroll up, plus an extra kill.  I looked around and figured out what had happened: right as my second missile killed the apparently damaged Cobra, my first missile had caught up to the F-18 and apparently blown it out of the sky.  

So my best vehicle for that round, playing as a Russian or whatever, was instead the little bird.

Second, just last night, I finally had some free time to relax, so I was playing BF3 and working on the five squad DM wins required for some B2K unlock.  I'd never played SQDM before, and wasn't very fond of it, but I got three wins eventually, the third on a 5-point-win server with super short rounds.  Then it was me alone vs two squads of three on Sharqi, with that absurd 5-point limit.  I didn't think I had a chance, but I grabbed the IFV and squeaked out a solo victory.

Then it was just me and one squadmate who joined late in that round, and seemed really new and had only ever played assault (he thought the MAV was an engineer thing), against one other guy, on Strike at Karkand.  Well, shit, it'll take a year to find and kill that guy, but with so few of us let's just exploit and allow ourselves to be killed.  It's my idea and I only need one win to finish my goal, so I chat to our opponent telling him to just run to the Square flag (where it would be in conquest) and let us kill him a few times for one win, and then I'll return the favor for a few rounds.

He refuses, insisting that I'll just leave.  Meanwhile, I'm tooling around in the IFV with my squadmate as gunner.  My squadmate's still the new guy, but he's somehow figured out that he needs three more SQDM wins.  So I finally say the hell with the other guy, and tell my squadmate to switch squads.  He immediately does so, having figured out that I know what I'm doing after that last close win, and surprisingly communicating well in chat.  I take over the IFV and see that he's now alone in the third squad, so it's 1vs1vs1.

I tell him to keep looking for the IFV and running to it, and occasionally fire an unsuppressed weapon.  I occasionally fire the IFV gun, and so we easily find eah other four more times in a sort of suicidal marco polo game.  I get my win, and the next round starts.

He runs for the IFV while I chase and harass the other guy.  Then I reverse the marco polo and keep suiciding by his IFV.  The only trick is that I can't be too clear on my location without fucknuts killing me before my buddy can.  So I give a general location like 'around the hotel', and then break cover when the IFV gets near, firing a 1911 to signal to him.

We repeat that for two more rounds, and he gts his needed wins and unlock.  And the other guy gets boned.

But I had a lot of fun organizing that all in open chat, it really was like a demented sort of marco polo, a brand new game mode where your objective is to be killed by one guy but not by another.  Took a lot of thinking on my feet.  I think the third guy blew the IFV in the last round, on Sharqi, and it really got tricky.  I fired my pistol once to signal my location, then displaced and hid.  In a minute, I see two players run up, one pursuing the other.  I don't have time to wait for names to display, so I figure my guy wouldn't be the chaser, and I kill the chaser with my 1911.  I was right; the guy in front was my buddy, and I let him get the kill.

Just a weird, and fun, series of rounds.  So many hours and days and maybe even weeks of BF over the entire game series, and it still comes up with surprises.
Link Posted: 1/13/2012 2:14:25 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 1/13/2012 3:01:36 AM EDT
[#43]
I logged into Origin and it actually let me play. It was amazing. Then we got ass raped by invincible helicopters. What fun.
Link Posted: 1/13/2012 3:14:03 AM EDT
[#44]
My best round was laying in the Subway with M249 and 3.4x optice with bipod. I went 50 - 1 just laying prone, and having guys throw med kits and ammo at me. The whole enemy team kept coming down the one hallway.. and would not go the other way...
Link Posted: 1/13/2012 9:36:48 AM EDT
[#45]
438 Meter head shot.

Link Posted: 1/13/2012 5:33:37 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Playing hardcore team rush (and winning every single time) we arm the 1st MCOM on Caspian border.  This is the MCOM inside of the shipping container on top of the hill.

I drove my EOD bot up there, but it was already armed, so I parked my bot in front of the MCOM for a little flamethrower defense.  All four guys on the other squad came in and I got a squad wipe with the EOD bot.

Done something similar. Used the EOD bot on a rush game on Strike at Karkand. Drove through gunfire and enemies and allies fighting through the streets to arm and defend an MCOM. I love that little thing, it's so unassuming and so many people are oblivious to it.
Link Posted: 1/14/2012 11:55:32 AM EDT
[#47]
1. I like to get in the bus at flag A in Grand Bazar and snipe down the hallway at flag B. I went 20-1 the other day doing that. I guess this particular team wasn't smart enough to flank and come get me, because that bus has 4 sides to flank on. I'm really not a good sniper either, but it made me feel good. Some of these guys would just stand there, begging for a headshot.

2. I was driving a jeep to flag A on Caspian Border when an enemy jeep passed me in the other direction. We both fish tailed around to face each other, he had a gunner, I was alone. We pass each other slowly, his gunner can't get the turret on target fast enough. I immediately change seats to the gun and proceed to put rounds on him, killing the gunner, then blowing up the jeep. I then switched back to the drivers seat and took the A flag by myself.
Link Posted: 1/14/2012 12:13:02 PM EDT
[#48]
Was playing on wake island the other night went to jump in our jeep and at the same time a vbied rolled by at the same time as I was pressing b to enter. I jumped into their jeep drove off by out tank and someone pressed the clicker killing me and the two guys in the tank. I just smiled and said good job.

Playing on the map with the construction high rises on karkand and was notified by Jake and ftaggie there were snipers in the buildings. I posted up in our spawn with the L96 w/ bipod and 12x scope and started shooting. finally figured the hold off for headshots and started calling the headshots out. "312,314,320,310,315,309" I racked up almost 5k xp thanks to the head shots with very little kills. They sent a MAV to find me and Ftaggie was helping out to distract the thing.
Link Posted: 1/14/2012 5:36:37 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good times!

We had a crew like that today on Xbox.  We only had me and another guy shooting Stingers at it...and never took it down.  Once and a while I would get lucky and catch a gunner or repair guy.  Then they took the MCOMS and pushed us back to the last spot.  Then I get on the mobile AA and take down both choppers and an LAV; add the few guys that bailed and let their squad spawn on them...every chicken that tried to cross the road got fried.  Ended up with a 14 kill streak before the choppers respawned and came back for revenge.

Got one more.  Got my longest headshot bumped up to 502 by shooting the CRAM at enemies on the mountains to the right of the MCOMS at Karg Island.  Didn't even notice until I was checking Battle Log later.  Had to be the CRAM as I haven't been playing much recon.
Link Posted: 1/15/2012 7:23:53 PM EDT
[#50]

Diving on an mobile AA while firing rockets and bailing out just before my plane crashed into the ground. The AA driver got out to do some repairs, well I happen to land right behind him, I knife him, pick up his engineer kit, finished repairing the mobile AA. I then drive off to my main, hauling ass like I stole something(). I spend the rest of the map raping any enemy jet that happens to fly by.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top