User Panel

Posted: 10/2/2011 8:43:11 AM EDT
Ok so I have a fairly crappy 2 year old Dell laptop with the following specs

Win vista
Intel core 2 duo t6400 2.0ghz
4gb of ram
intel series 4 express chipset

Minimum System Requirements for FO3
Operating SystemXP/VistaProcessor2.4ghz processor/ X6800 or x850RAM1GB RAM for XP, 2GB for VistaVideo CardDirect X 9.0c compliant video card with 256MB RAM (NVIDIA 6800 or better/ATI X850 or better)
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 8:51:49 AM EDT
[#1]
everything looks ok but the video card.

you might be able to turn down the settings in fallout 3 and get it playable, but it may not perform well and certainly won't be pretty to look at.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 9:02:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
everything looks ok but the video card.

you might be able to turn down the settings in fallout 3 and get it playable, but it may not perform well and certainly won't be pretty to look at.

Yea I figured I would have to turn down the settings,  Im basically looking for a temporary solution to not having an xbox right now.  I can play starcraft 2 fine with the graphics down.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 10:01:59 AM EDT
[#3]
I think you'll be okay.  Fallout 3 is getting fairly long in the tooth, so you should be able to play it with the eye candy turned down.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top