Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/1/2011 4:38:12 AM EDT
This is during the SR-71 phase where it switches between being the pilot and a guy on the ground. I’m in a mountain comms center. I just destroyed the comms. I follow the team out onto a metal walkway and a bad guy comes around a corner of the mountain and shoots an RPG destroying the walkway and splitting me from the rest of the team.

RPG blows a huge gap in the walkway. I can’t jump across it, I can’t parachute off the ledge as I am not close enough to the jump point, I can’t shoot the bad guy before he shoots the RPG.

One guy yells avalanche and tells me to get off the ledge. Before I can do anything, I get a prompt that says “failed to stay with the team”.

How the fuck do I stay with the team when the game won’t let me jump across the gap in the walkway? WTF?
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 4:40:49 AM EDT
[#1]
You need to make the jump.

It took me a few tries, but eventually I got over.  You need to get a running start first then jump it.  After that just follow your guys.  It took my about 10 tries to finally get past that point.

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:28:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks. I'll keep trying. Tried like 20 times already.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 7:11:54 AM EDT
[#3]
run/sprint then jump . . .no way you can just jump from standstill and make it
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 11:44:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Immediately sprint then jump across the gap
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 11:45:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Made it and finished the game yesterday.

My patience ran out. Maybe one shouldn't play shooter games with PTSD.
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 12:43:42 AM EDT
[#6]
My boy was having head fits with this one too.   Took me a couple attempts before I managed to get through it.
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 12:48:17 AM EDT
[#7]
switch to pistol to get the speed up when your sprinting.
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 12:50:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Black Ops = Mario Brothers the Shooter
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 2:21:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Black Ops = Mario Brothers the Shooter*

*See here for details.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top