Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/5/2011 8:17:06 PM EDT
I have read what the Pro-Status does on all the Perks. I have achieved pro-status on a few already, since I prestiged the first time.

How do I get Pro-status on Hardliner, Marathon, Tactical mask, Ninja, Hacker,

I have reached pro-status on all the others, before I Prestiged. I have a few back to Pro, but I'd like them all to be. I have been using some of them constantly for several days, and I play a lot. Still no pro-status on some of them.

XBOX - POORMAN AR15
Link Posted: 1/5/2011 8:30:09 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

I have read what the Pro-Status does on all the Perks. I have achieved pro-status on a few already, since I prestiged the first time.

How do I get Pro-status on Hardliner, Marathon, Tactical mask, Ninja, Hacker,

I have reached pro-status on all the others, before I Prestiged. I have a few back to Pro, but I'd like them all to be. I have been using some of them constantly for several days, and I play a lot. Still no pro-status on some of them.

XBOX - POORMAN AR15

Check their stats.  It says in game how to unlock them in the menus.

It also gives you a record of how many you have to go until completion.  Like, Hacker Pro you might have 3/5 explosives kills (been a while so I'm pulling that one out of my arse, but you get the idea).

Link Posted: 1/5/2011 8:47:36 PM EDT
[#2]
hardline is a seven killstreak, seven killstreak rewards in one game, and share 10 packages.

marathon is run 26 miles, get first blood 10 times, and capture 15 flags. Tac mask is get 20 kills while an enemy is stunned, flashed, and gassed.

hacker is 25 kills with c4 or claymore, 25 kills near jammer, camera, or motion sensor, and 10 things destroyed through walls.

ninja i don't remember, but i know one of them is a bunch of close range kills.

if you go to player card, you can go to challenges and the perk challenges are there. complete all 3 challenges for each perk and you get the ability to buy the pro version.
Link Posted: 1/6/2011 7:00:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Ninja is 150 silencer kills, 5 backstab medals, and 10 bomb plants. I find that the bomb plants are easiest to get in Demolition.
Link Posted: 1/6/2011 6:23:41 PM EDT
[#4]
I figured it out. Thanks guys!

Now, should I prestige for the second time or keep trying to upgrade my perks. :lol:

Link Posted: 1/7/2011 3:38:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Now, should I prestige for the second time or keep trying to upgrade my perks. :lol:

Get both, I'm about to hit 6th prestige and the extra custom classes come in handy. I'm also finding that it's getting easier to pro up the perks every time I prestige. I never play CTF so the first time I got marathon pro it took me forever to get the 15 classes. Now it's taking me only a couple of hours.
Link Posted: 1/7/2011 11:32:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Keep prestiging. Compared to MW2, prestiging is ridiculously quick.  I'm about to hit 9th prestige in about 6 more levels.  I haven't hit max prestige in any COD game, so i want to go for it in this one.  I don't watch much TV, i don't play any other games, and i'm an insomniac...so hitting 15th prestige shouldn't be too hard, lol.  

Since i plan to keep prestiging, i dont bother to go Pro on manh perks. Ill do that once i max out. Right now, all i go Pro on is Ghost, Marathon, Warlord and Sleight of Hand.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/16/2011 11:17:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Yeah, I have just about everything in Pro except for Flak Jacket and Gas Mask.

I am getting a little board with it. I may prestige again soon.

Kind of fun starting from scratch again.

Link Posted: 1/23/2011 7:49:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Keep prestiging. Compared to MW2, prestiging is ridiculously quick.  I'm about to hit 9th prestige in about 6 more levels.  I haven't hit max prestige in any COD game, so i want to go for it in this one.  I don't watch much TV, i don't play any other games, and i'm an insomniac...so hitting 15th prestige shouldn't be too hard, lol.  

Since i plan to keep prestiging, i dont bother to go Pro on manh perks. Ill do that once i max out. Right now, all i go Pro on is Ghost, Marathon, Warlord and Sleight of Hand.

Daaaaaaamn, 9th prestige?!  You're one of those dudes I"ll see in lobbies and think 'Damn... WTF is THAT emblem??'  I'm about to hit 3rd.  I think I'll probably keep going until 9th so I can max out the custom class slots.  Maybe I'll keep going after that, I dunno.

Even though my most used 1st and 3rd tier perks are Hardline and Hacker (indispensible for team games, IMO), the Pro versions don't really add much utility, though I get them every prestige, anyway.

For me, Ghost Pro is an absolute necessity that should be focused on before anything else.  People bitch about how hard it is to get, but I just run Ghost for every game when I start, use SAM turret as a killstreak (most underrated killstreak in the game, period) and inevitably come across a sentry gun.  I've never felt like that was a tough one to get.

Behind Ghost, the other absolute 'must have' Pro perks for me are Warlord and Hardened.  I have yet to get Marathon Pro in any of my prestiges, though I think next time I'll play CTF exclusively when I start, so I can hammer it out quick.

Link Posted: 1/24/2011 4:03:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Daaaaaaamn, 9th prestige?!  You're one of those dudes I"ll see in lobbies and think 'Damn... WTF is THAT emblem??'  I'm about to hit 3rd.  I think I'll probably keep going until 9th so I can max out the custom class slots.  Maybe I'll keep going after that, I dunno.

Even though my most used 1st and 3rd tier perks are Hardline and Hacker (indispensible for team games, IMO), the Pro versions don't really add much utility, though I get them every prestige, anyway.

For me, Ghost Pro is an absolute necessity that should be focused on before anything else.  People bitch about how hard it is to get, but I just run Ghost for every game when I start, use SAM turret as a killstreak (most underrated killstreak in the game, period) and inevitably come across a sentry gun.  I've never felt like that was a tough one to get.

Behind Ghost, the other absolute 'must have' Pro perks for me are Warlord and Hardened.  I have yet to get Marathon Pro in any of my prestiges, though I think next time I'll play CTF exclusively when I start, so I can hammer it out quick.

The easiest way for me to get the sentry gun kill is play FFA with it as a kill streak and then let someone else take it.
Link Posted: 1/26/2011 6:16:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I finished 15th prestige Sunday, 325.5 hours of gameplay.

A whole bunch of Hardcore Domination, Hardcore S&D, and Hardcore TDM.
Link Posted: 1/27/2011 11:35:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, S&D is great for tons of XP if you're good at it.  Actually, all of the objective game modes give out a ton more XP than TDM and FFA.  I love CTF.  10K-12K XP games are fairly common for me, when I also complete a challenge or two during the match.
Link Posted: 1/28/2011 9:30:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

The easiest way for me to get the sentry gun kill is play FFA with it as a kill streak and then let someone else take it.

I was thinking of trying just that.

It's a PITA trying to get a sentry gun kill when I just so happen to have Ghost perc on.

Link Posted: 1/28/2011 9:31:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am about to go to Prestige 3.

I am not to crazy about the "hardcore" games. They seem to attact a lot of campers.

Link Posted: 1/28/2011 9:40:31 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was thinking of trying just that.

It's a PITA trying to get a sentry gun kill when I just so happen to have Ghost perc on.

Another good way is to play objective games.  Lots of people run the Sentry gun killstreak and will leave them up to guard flags and whatnot.  Almost every Prestige I've gotten Ghost Pro, I've slashed a Sentry Gun in a CTF match.  Also, if you run Hacker, you can see them from a mile away.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 11:31:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Does the Hardened perk increase damage done to people?
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 8:56:00 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

No.  It's pretty much like the "FMJ" attachment in MW2 or the "Deep Impact" perk in COD4.  It's for penetrating surfaces.

That being said, I used to see people running FMJ all the time in MW2, and they'd say they did it because it caused more damage.  But I've heard of nothing factual to support this.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 10:05:53 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

No.  It's pretty much like the "FMJ" attachment in MW2 or the "Deep Impact" perk in COD4.  It's for penetrating surfaces.

That being said, I used to see people running FMJ all the time in MW2, and they'd say they did it because it caused more damage.  But I've heard of nothing factual to support this.

I like Hardened Pro because of the "flinch less when shot" thing it gives you.  I seem to win more head-to-head shootouts with it equipped, as it seems more of my rounds are staying on target, even when I'm getting hit, while the other guy's rounds don't.

To me, it also seems like I'm killing people behind cover all the time.  Whenever I'm using a class with Warlord or SOH in that slot, I'm constantly thinking to myself "I wish I had Hardened right here".  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top