Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/6/2010 1:08:22 PM EDT
the War in the East is coming out tues or wed...Its at matrix games. Division level, 1 hex is 10 miles the campaign game will take over  year to play vs another human.
You manage everything from the manufacture of machine guns to tanks to planes....the advancement of production, inventions and of course the ground combat.
Gary Grigsby is the author and the company is pushing the game with tons of screen shots ...here is a link

http://www.matrixgames.com/products/372/details/GaryGrigsby%27sWarintheEast:TheGerman-SovietWar1941-1945
Link Posted: 12/6/2010 1:40:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Damn, if I wasn't going to the Army this March I would so buy that!
But I won't have the time to play.

I'm a sucker for these.

ETA:

• 4 major campaigns starting at 1941, 1942, 1943, 1944

• 10 scenarios range in length from 10 turns to 25 turns

• Map stretches from 100 miles west of Berlin to Ural mountains

• 10 miles per hex with weekly turns

• Up to roughly 4000 units in the game database with the ability to create many more!

• Division sized maneuver units with thousands of battalion and regiment sized support units

• Many different classes of support units like artillery, engineer, ski, anti-tank, pioneer, tank destroyer, and much more

• German Corps/Army HQ's and Soviet Army/Front HQ's

• Air units are organized group and can run both night and day air missions, complete with night fighters

• Manually upgrade aircraft within units or automate new aircraft allocation

• Detailed production with Russian factory evacuations realistically modeled with production penalties and rebuilding delays

• Extensive spreadsheets and reports representing tons of data and information

• Detailed yet automated accounting for support personnel and supplies/fuel/ammunition

• Losses in individual vehicles and squads

• Display of the various modifiers affecting how efficient units receive what they need

• More than 500 historical commanders with a detailed promotion and rating system

• Leaders can be dismissed, executed, fired, killed in action

• 8 rating fields measuring different attributes from combat skill to political rating

• Very detailed system to account for troops/vehicles that are disrupted, disabled and fatigued

• Accurate modeling of the need for training units before entering combat

• Detailed weather zones and ice levels for rivers with the option to randomize or fix weather patterns for each scenario

• Intricate
    Fog of War rules and unit detection levels - units are rated based on
    their ability to conceal themselves and their ability to recon other
    units

Link Posted: 12/6/2010 6:37:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Red orchestra?
Link Posted: 12/6/2010 7:38:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Uuuuuuuuugh I don't need a more advanced game than Civ.

But I want it soooo bad.
Link Posted: 12/15/2010 8:12:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top