Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/13/2010 10:36:05 AM EDT
As a rule I don't buy games on release day, or pre-order, but, in this case , since I had such a blast with Fable 2,  I said the hell with it and took advantage of the deal at Amazon and pre-ordered.
Looks like they are doing overnight shipping for 99 Cents, so I should have it on the 26th. Guess i will be getting some codes for bonus swag too.
Link Posted: 10/13/2010 10:48:09 AM EDT
[#1]
I'll get it, but probably used @ Gamestop.
Link Posted: 10/13/2010 10:49:03 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

As a rule I don't buy games on release day, or pre-order, but, in this case , since I had such a blast with Fable 2,  I said the hell with it and took advantage of the deal at Amazon and pre-ordered.

Looks like they are doing overnight shipping for 99 Cents, so I should have it on the 26th. Guess i will be getting some codes for bonus swag too.

I was a fan of the first game. Awesome, new, original, fun, and challenging. Fable II was nothing new except easier and a waste of time. Also the dog was fucking annoying and didn't do shit. It's like the dog in Duck Hunt from Nintendo. You wish you could kill the damn thing.

So I'm not getting Fable III until it's been out and the real reviews are out.

Link Posted: 10/13/2010 11:24:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I was a fan of the first game. Awesome, new, original, fun, and challenging. Fable II was nothing new except easier and a waste of time. Also the dog was fucking annoying and didn't do shit. It's like the dog in Duck Hunt from Nintendo. You wish you could kill the damn thing.

This is exactly how I feal except I'm just plain not getting Fable 3.

Link Posted: 10/13/2010 11:32:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

This is exactly how I feal except I'm just plain not getting Fable 3.

+1
Link Posted: 10/13/2010 11:45:48 AM EDT
[#5]
I have the Fable III LE and Force Unleashed II LE pre-ordered from gamestop. they should both be at my door on the 26th.
Link Posted: 10/13/2010 12:05:45 PM EDT
[#6]
I loved Fable 1. I just went back and tried to play Fable 2 again and I can't remember why the hell I ever thought it was any fun
Link Posted: 10/13/2010 12:10:30 PM EDT
[#7]
After the massive amount of lies and failed promises from Fable II, I'll wait thanks.
Link Posted: 10/14/2010 5:40:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Yeah Fable II really let me down. Wont make the mistake with III.
Link Posted: 10/15/2010 6:33:13 PM EDT
[#9]
I hated the first one, but liked the second.  I'd play three but not pay $60 for it.
Link Posted: 10/15/2010 9:29:36 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm torn now, I thought I had a copy of the first Fable laying around somewhere, but I guess I don't. Next time I'm at Gamestop or EB, I guess  I'll grab a copy and see what all the hoopla is about that particular version.
Link Posted: 10/25/2010 4:36:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Comes out tomorrow

also, IGN has a nice article about Fables broken promises.
Link Posted: 10/25/2010 5:44:58 PM EDT
[#12]
For what it's worth....

I've been playing Fable 3 since Saturday afternoon and I fucking loved every second of it.  
Link Posted: 10/25/2010 6:42:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
For what it's worth....

I've been playing Fable 3 since Saturday afternoon and I fucking loved every second of it.  

How does it compare to Fable I and II?
Link Posted: 10/25/2010 8:08:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Beats the shit out of Fable 2 for sure, almost stroked out at the beginning and I haven't even made an emotional connection to any character.

As for Fable 1......I MUCH prefer the controls for that over 3 (not that 3 is bad, just preference).  I just unlocked the 2nd gauntlet so I could spell weave
and the game had to go back.

The disclaimer here is; I could not for the life of me get into Fable 2 at all, so I have very little experience with it as it compares to 3.  With that said, 3 was much more engaging from the start and I couldn't put the controller down to go to sleep (read that as up until 7:30 AM playing).

The wife and I spent the weekend getting over CO poisoning so all she did was surf the net while I played XBOX,  I can tell you also, that Force Unleashed 2 was fucking badass, but I don't think I can play it again (same deal with the first....just too repetitive for me).

I really wish Fable 2 hadn't fucked my preconceived notion of what 3 would be or else FU2 (hehehe) would've have never even had the chance to spin up in the tray.

I really liked it.
Link Posted: 10/25/2010 8:11:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Beats the shit out of Fable 2 for sure, almost stroked out at the beginning and I haven't even made an emotional connection to any character.

As for Fable 1......I MUCH prefer the controls for that over 3 (not that 3 is bad, just preference).  I just unlocked the 2nd gauntlet so I could spell weave
and the game had to go back.

The disclaimer here is; I could not for the life of me get into Fable 2 at all, so I have very little experience with it as it compares to 3.  With that said, 3 was much more engaging from the start and I couldn't put the controller down to go to sleep (read that as up until 7:30 AM playing).

The wife and I spent the weekend getting over CO poisoning so all she did was surf the net while I played XBOX,  I can tell you also, that Force Unleashed 2 was fucking badass, but I don't think I can play it again (same deal with the first....just too repetitive for me).

I really wish Fable 2 hadn't fucked my preconceived notion of what 3 would be or else FU2 (hehehe) would've have never even had the chance to spin up in the tray.

I really liked it.

Is the game engine still a steaming pile of shit? I went back to play some Fable II recently and I was shocked at how bad the game chugged.
Link Posted: 10/25/2010 8:24:43 PM EDT
[#16]
I liked what I saw and for everything I was doing, I didn't notice any frame rate drops or lag.

Visuals were quite nice and my wife kept looking over, commenting on how pretty everything was.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 9:22:33 AM EDT
[#17]
I LOVED Fable 1. I got Fable II and was let down with the promises that they failed to come through on, CO-op was an insult, the main story was shitty, I didn't like the change in combat system at all, but I LOVE the world they created and you ability to fuck with the economies if the towns. I would play it just to amass a fortune, work a job long enough to buy a couple weapons in Old Town then sell them outside the castle, repeat until you own every piece of real estate in the game
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 10:31:51 AM EDT
[#18]
Got fable 3 yesterday and have to say it was really fun. I only got to play for 2 hours but still. Right at the begining it really starts to grab you and as i was going around it really looked good. As for the controls there alittle weird but you get use to it. I played the first one and that that was cool. Did not get the second one because it looked off. But this one takes you back to the good old days of the first and really is fun. Check it out if your on the fence you can always rent.
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 6:10:58 AM EDT
[#19]
Okay, so I'm now the ruler of Albion.  

I don't like where this is going.
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 7:24:05 AM EDT
[#20]
I have just under 7 hours so far on this game, and so far, so good. I didn't care for the beginning, but, I won't get into that and risk spoiling things for other players.   Time to buy some more property.
Link Posted: 10/29/2010 5:25:19 AM EDT
[#21]
Picked it up last night but won't have a chance to fire it up until tonight. I actually liked Fable II, though it's far from a perfect game.

Hopefully it's not too dumbed-down; ME2 was a big let-down once I found out how many of the RPG elements had been ripped out, particularly after being completely spoiled by Dragon Age. That game was fantastic.
Link Posted: 10/29/2010 7:08:20 AM EDT
[#22]
last night I went into that room in the Sanctuary were you control friends/party/Invites and stuff and enabled all the features to allow other people (orbs) to be seen, all chatter on (that was a mess), and left myself open to all invites. I know my internet connection hasn't been the greatest lately, but, my 360 definitely bogged down a tad bit, and I noticed occasional wonky graphics while out killing stuff. It was cool watching orbs floating around.

After I did that I forgot all about it, and played on for a couple hours. Went back to sanctuary and was checking my gifts and found two that had been given to my by another player, each with 100K of gold. No idea who the dude was, or why, but he gave me gold. Time to buy more real estate.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top