Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2010 4:02:06 PM EDT
Anyone play?
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 5:45:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Long time ago. Good game ... but moved on to other games
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 8:32:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I play source on Phoenix clan server and Gooch Assassins.  Sometimes lotus clan if there is no one on the other two.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 9:35:30 PM EDT
[#3]
got sick of only orange maps.  
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:14:06 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

got sick of only orange maps.  

Ewwww...

Ewwww.... Yeah I play customs server for that.  Otherwise it's 24/7 Donner or Lennon or some other stupid ass map like dust.

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 7:19:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Classic yes.

Dod:Source is a freaking joke that had to be dumbed down for today's gamer. I HATE GAMES WITH "CLASSES"!!!!
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 9:45:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Classic yes.

Dod:Source is a freaking joke that had to be dumbed down for today's gamer. I HATE GAMES WITH "CLASSES"!!!!

I have source.

What's the difference between the two?
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 12:23:36 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Classic yes.

I have source.

What's the difference between the two?

http://www.dayofdefeatmod.com/manual.html#classes

http://www.dayofdefeat.com/Manual/Classes.htm#1

DOD:Classic is a lot better. Had more weapons to choose form and wasn't dumb down into a stupid class system. Every "kit" came with a knife/spade and a pistol. The only difference between the "kits" where what main weapon you had and how many grenades. Riflemen usually had 2 while everyone else got 1.

Another huge difference is the fact that the secondary melee attack was properly assigned to the M1 Garand, K98, and the K43 in order to balance these weapons against SMGs like the Thompson/MP40 as these weapons has NO secondary melee. For some reason Source thinks it's a good idea to let people run and gun with a Thompson and still be able to punch you in the face. Maybe you are OK with that but I want to be able to crack someone's head open with the solid walnut stock of a M1 Garand if I'm in too close.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 4:06:29 PM EDT
[#8]
same here

Quoted:

Long time ago. Good game ... but moved on to other games

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top