Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/9/2010 4:03:10 PM EDT
Was watching a movie the other day and it froze up.  Restarted it and it wouldn't read the disc, put in another one and still wouldn't read.  Put in a reg DVD and still nothing.

I'm guessing that the blu-ray has died.  Everything else works perfectly.

This happened to anyone else and if so what did you do to repair it?

Don't think it's still under warranty, not even sure how long the Sony warranty lasts.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 4:48:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Never happend to me but you can buy replacement lasers on the web for $70ish and fix it yourself. Otherwise you have to send back to Sony and they charge either $125 or $150.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 7:21:54 AM EDT
[#2]
That happened to mine 4 months after I bought it.  It was under warranty and they fixed it.  Not sure what they did, but it only took them a day to fix it.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 7:22:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Sounds like a Disk Read Error (DRE)

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top