Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/17/2009 4:35:49 PM EDT
I have the hardest time losing weight, I am 6'2, 260 mostly muscle but I got a stomach but oct 28 is my PAT test for Law enforcement.

I have tried caloric deficits, keto diets etc, but I still have a very hard time. I drink a shit ton of water, no soda's, fruits for breakfast, healthy lunch/dinner and I run at night.

If anyone has any tips, I would greatly appreciate it, I have to be 239 by Oct 28 or I can no longer continue, it is my dream to get into LE but I am at a bump in the road.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 4:40:45 PM EDT
[#1]
You cannot lose weight on a keto diet and you only gave youself 1 month and 11 days to lose 24lbs?

Don't bullshit yourself, its not going to happen. I can drop 9lbs in 1 day on a keto diet. Keto works for fast weight loss.

Keto is your only hope at this point with so little time..

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 4:52:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 4:54:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
You have to be 239 to test/be considered or you just want to?

239 is what I want to be/is in passable range to take the test.
Quoted:
You cannot lose weight on a keto diet and you only gave youself 1 month and 11 days to lose 24lbs?

Don't bullshit yourself, its not going to happen. I can drop 9lbs in 1 day on a keto diet. Keto works for fast weight loss.

I didn't give myself that much, I have been trying forever to lose weight. I packed on alot when I played O-line/Middle linebacker in varsity football.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 4:57:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:07:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

what?
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:08:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

what?

Keto diet calls for 0 carbs, high fat, so once you body uses up it's storage of carbs, it burns glycogen's and water weight fast, but makes you feel like crap energy wise.

Quoted:
Can you pass right now?  Look up some info on doing an ECA stack and just continue to prepare for the test.  Try to lose weight like normal but you don't have time to worry about a particular number.

No, 240 is the cutoff for my height, I refuse to go any lower for my build, I don't want to lose muscle mass and what not. I can exercise just fine, PT is no issue so I see no need in a weight limit if you're in shape, but such is there rules, so I want to hit 239. I may look into ECA

And I have been trying to lose the weight, but it hasn't been working, I don't want people to think I wasn't prepared, I just have crap genetics lol

Quoted:

Colt could you PM me a basic keto routine that worked for you?
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:38:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:50:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Yes I can lose 9lbs in one day, its a keto diet. It cleans out your glycogen, and water falls off of you.

A basic keto diet for me would be something like

10oz ground beef
2oz walnuts
32oz water

10-12oz talapia
2-3tbsp natty PB
32oz water

post workout protein shake

10-12oz chicken
2-4oz peanuts
32oz water

2-4oz of walnuts or natty PB into the night to keep hunger down

Keto is very dependant on YOUR body, I can get into Ketosis usually with no direct source of carbs. Some people have to be on 50 carbs or less(including trace carbs), counting every single carb.

If you have no energy on KETO, you aren't in KETOSIS. Once you enter ketosis you feel jumpy and have tons of energy, your mouth will taste metallic. It is hard to sleep some nights also. Drink as much what as you can stand.

Not sure how police department rules work, but a word of warning on ECA. I have tested positive on a drug test for amphetamines using ephedrine, if you get drug tested, make sure you cut it early or you are taking a risk. I'd use clenbuterol, you won't have any drug test problems.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:54:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:01:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Yes I can lose 9lbs in one day, its a keto diet. It cleans out your glycogen, and water falls off of you.

10oz ground beef
2oz walnuts
32oz water

10-12oz talapia
2-3tbsp natty PB
32oz water

10-12oz chicken
2-4oz peanuts
32oz water

Keto is very dependant on YOUR body, I can get into Ketosis usually with no direct source of carbs. Some people have to be on 50 carbs or less(including trace carbs), counting every single carb.

If you have no energy on KETO, you aren't in KETOSIS. Once you enter ketosis you feel jumpy and have tons of energy, your mouth will taste metallic. It is hard to sleep some nights also. Drink as much what as you can stand.

Not sure how police department rules work, but a word of warning on ECA. I have tested positive on a drug test for amphetamines using ephedrine, if you get drug tested, make sure you cut it early or you are taking a risk. I'd use clenbuterol, you won't have any drug test problems.

I appreciate it, is that daily, and spaced out break/lunch/dinner?

How many days does it usually take to hit ketosis? Would a ECA stack go well with a keto workout, or will I implode internally
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:21:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

10oz ground beef
2oz walnuts
32oz water

10-12oz talapia
2-3tbsp natty PB
32oz water

10-12oz chicken
2-4oz peanuts
32oz water

How many days does it usually take to hit ketosis? Would a ECA stack go well with a keto workout, or will I implode internally

Thats daily intake, I usually eat 4-5 times a day, aiming for 2-4 hours between meals. They sort of are break/lunch/dinner with more meals though.

If you are strict, you can get into ketosis super quick, say 8-10hours, totally person dependant. A quick way to get into Ketosis for beginners is, no direct sources of carbs, every meal take 200mg ALA with it.  You should surely be in Ketosis after 2 days, you can buy "KETO" sticks that you piss on and it will change colors telling you if you are in ketosis or not.

ECA will work with a keto diet, however I find it very inefficient. That is to say, the energy ECA provides is very instant, quick, and the drop off is just as quick. I'd use something more like clenbuterol for fat burning much more effective.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:25:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

10oz ground beef
2oz walnuts
32oz water

10-12oz talapia
2-3tbsp natty PB
32oz water

10-12oz chicken
2-4oz peanuts
32oz water

Thats daily intake, I usually eat 4-5 times a day, aiming for 2-4 hours between meals. They sort of are break/lunch/dinner with more meals though.

If you are strict, you can get into ketosis super quick, say 8-10hours, totally person dependant. A quick way to get into Ketosis for beginners is, no direct sources of carbs, every meal take 200mg ALA with it.  You should surely be in Ketosis after 2 days, you can buy "KETO" sticks that you piss on and it will change colors telling you if you are in ketosis or not.

ECA will work with a keto diet, however I find it very inefficient. That is to say, the energy ECA provides is very instant, quick, and the drop off is just as quick. I'd use something more like clenbuterol for fat burning much more effective.

my issue is this I work from 5:30am, to about 4:00pm I have no way to keep ground beef, if I want to jump into ketosis as fast as possible what foods should I get ? I am in a work vehicle all day on disney property so food is all fast food and it isn't healthy lol

Now I don't have a gym membership, will running suffice as my daily workout?
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 8:19:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top