Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/10/2009 9:56:28 AM EDT
how long have you been on it? results? Favorite foods? Recipies? Tips?

So far I have been on it a week exactly. I had my "1st week checkin" after only 3 days due to schedule/starting midweek and was down 7lbs which was mostly water. Going this weekend to see what the true "after a week" loss is.

so far I can say the tropical punch drink is HORRID.

Once you figure out how to cook the "chili" (read meat and bean stew) its not so bad. I have only blown up 2 meals so far, lucky for me the microwave cleans easily.

Here are my tips so far...

Use a wisk to stir

Use the walmart "mainstay mix and serve" measuring bowls instead of the medifast shaker. They are CHEAP (1.50 each) and have a pour spout and SCREW ON lid.
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 4:01:35 PM EDT
[#1]
yuck.

starvation diet with mostly soy protein.

you'll end up burning off all of your muscles, being skinny fat, and growing chick nipples from all the estrogen in the soy.

then you'll go off the diet and gain the weight back and end up back at the same bodyweight or more, but your fat/muscle split will shift 20% to the fat side so you'll just as heavy as before, but weaker and fatter.

Link Posted: 6/12/2009 12:57:40 PM EDT
[#2]
so your saying its impossible to go from skinny fat to skinny fit??? like the medifast magicaly kills your ability to working while on medifast and after it? thres no reason to poopoo on this thread, it was about tips and tricks, not about if YOU feel its the right diet for everyone.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 3:59:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
so your saying its impossible to go from skinny fat to skinny fit??? like the medifast magicaly kills your ability to working while on medifast and after it? thres no reason to poopoo on this thread, it was about tips and tricks, not about if YOU feel its the right diet for everyone.

it would be easier to just lose the fat the healthy way.

do the starvation diet and you will destroy your metabolism.

Link Posted: 6/12/2009 6:05:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

No offense, but there very well may be reason to poopoo on what appears to be a fad diet with questionable long term effects.   800-1000 cals a day, as the program appears to call for is not sustainable for anyone approaching average w/o killing your metabolism.    While the effects of phytoestrogens found on soy in males is not really conclusive, it is best to get your nutrients from variety of sources - and except for the one "lean and green" meal (the only really good thing I see about the program - you'd be better off eating that sort of meal 3-4 times a day with a few snacks), nearly all the protein is from soy, as noted, and immediately  obviously by all the "vegetarian friendly" meals.

Further, this does not really promote a healthy lifestyle.   The only way to do that is to learn how to eat "real" foods in a healthy, balanced manner.   Taking a packet someone else constructed that has an ingredient list a mile long and mixing it with water doesn't really further your nutritional education, hence the tendency to yoyo back once one gets off of this sort of program, multiplied by the fact that you'll likely have a depressed metabolism if on it for any length of time.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:53:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

No offense, but there very well may be reason to poopoo on what appears to be a fad diet with questionable long term effects.   800-1000 cals a day, as the program appears to call for is not sustainable for anyone approaching average w/o killing your metabolism.    While the effects of phytoestrogens found on soy in males is not really conclusive, it is best to get your nutrients from variety of sources - and except for the one "lean and green" meal (the only really good thing I see about the program - you'd be better off eating that sort of meal 3-4 times a day with a few snacks), nearly all the protein is from soy, as noted, and immediately  obviously by all the "vegetarian friendly" meals.

Further, this does not really promote a healthy lifestyle.   The only way to do that is to learn how to eat "real" foods in a healthy, balanced manner.   Taking a packet someone else constructed that has an ingredient list a mile long and mixing it with water doesn't really further your nutritional education, hence the tendency to yoyo back once one gets off of this sort of program, multiplied by the fact that you'll likely have a depressed metabolism if on it for any length of time.

again, this was not about what YOU feel is the best diet for anyone.. this was about tips and tricks for those who have chosen to do the diet.

and not everyone is on the 800-1000 calories, im on the 1500 calories with two lean and green meals and fruit and whole grain bread is allowed. They also have a list a mile long of store foods that can be used in place of the medifast meals. not to mention a year long guided process of bringing normal foods back into your diet  in little steps so stop hijacking the thread.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 3:22:35 PM EDT
[#6]
You would be far better off trying to change to an eating plan that you can stick to for life, adding in exercise, and losing weight slowly. You're making a big mistake by using that program. I'll stay out of the rest of your thread.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top