Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/4/2008 4:20:19 PM EDT
Anybody here  used the Nutri System meals for weight loss? How'd it go? WHat  is your opinion of this  diet!!??
Link Posted: 10/4/2008 4:41:05 PM EDT
[#1]
No offense but odds are if you are overweight, you don't need a mail-order diet.  You need a life style change.  After all of the things I have learned about nutrition and the way the human body uses and requires food and the way even something like Nutri Systems is designed, eat smaller meals more frequently and you will begin to lose weight.  If you eat 3 meals a day that are 700-1000 cal each, make that 6 meals or more consisting of 200-300 calories.  Even if you don't eat any less than before over the course of a day, you will lose weight because of the way the human body metabolizes food.

Use common sense eating habits too.  A serving of meat is actually supposed to be no larger than a deck of cards, not big enough to cover a 12" diameter plate.  Now I know that not eating a piece of meat large enough to kill a man isn't very manly but neither is being horribly out of shape.
Link Posted: 10/4/2008 7:26:08 PM EDT
[#2]
no one!
Link Posted: 10/5/2008 7:06:14 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
no one!

There was someone asking about it awhile back on these forums, maybe you can check back a couple of pages and see if it is still on here.  Sorry, I'm not sure who started it or how long ago it was though.
Link Posted: 10/5/2008 9:29:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Worthless

If you get on that diet, you are basically saying you are TOO LAZY to weigh out your own food and you'd like to pay someone 10-12$ a day to do it for you.

Get a scale, get measuring cups.
Weigh your food, eat healthy, or hell just eat what you want but keep it within certain limits and you will lose weight.
Link Posted: 10/6/2008 8:10:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Here's a thread of mine from the archive:

archive.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=113&t=698690

I used it primarily for portion control and also convenience. for work lunches.

I lost weight while eating it, but then again Iw as losing weight before I was eating it too.

I mainly ate the dinners and some of the lunches.  Never touches the breakfasts or desserts.  I think I'm going to end up throwing out the breakfasts and desserts because they're just sitting in the pantry.

Would I do it again?  Yes, if I could pay for only the dinners.

Link Posted: 10/16/2008 2:05:41 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
you'd like to pay someone 10-12$ a day to do it for you.

Doesn't that include the food?

If I'm eating half decent, I can blow damn near that on protein alone.
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 3:08:33 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Where in the hell are you shopping?

While DIETING and consuming 400+ grams of protein a day I'm not spending more then $7 a day on food.

Sam's Club FTW

bulk chicken
bulk fish
frozen veggies
bulk steaks
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 3:39:28 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Where in the hell are you shopping?

While DIETING and consuming 400+ grams of protein a day I'm not spending more then $7 a day on food.

Sam's Club FTW

bulk chicken
bulk fish
frozen veggies
bulk steaks

Yeah, blowing $6/lb on steak is killing me.
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 7:06:26 PM EDT
[#9]
My wife tried it and lost over 20 lbs.

I warn you it is VERY high in fiber.

I have slept in the spare bedroom a few nights......

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top