Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/2/2008 9:12:04 PM EDT
What is the optimum number of days of rest that your body recovers fully but not long enough that it starts de-training? I know everyone is different, but I'm curious if there's an average. I still haven't figured out mine...
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 9:29:22 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
What is the optimum number of days of rest that your body recovers fully but not long enough that it starts de-training? I know everyone is different, but I'm curious if there's an average. I still haven't figured out mine...

I need about 2 good hours until I'm ready to hit it w/ the wife full steam.  I can do it in less, but there must be ample imagery.  What?  Isn't that what you're asking about?
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 5:42:47 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I need about 2 good hours until I'm ready to hit it w/ the wife full steam.  I can do it in less, but there must be ample imagery.  What?  Isn't that what you're asking about?

2 hours?  When I was younger, it was something like 10 minutes.  
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 7:20:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 8:55:31 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think IAA is like 37 or 39.

To answer the question... it will vary from person to person, but 2 days is probably about right.

I remember reading somewhere that you start to lose muscle at 3 days of inactivity. Take that for what it's worth...considering I can't even remember where I read that, it's probably not worth much
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 9:29:53 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think IAA is like 37 or 39.

To answer the question... it will vary from person to person, but 2 days is probably about right.

Ding, ding ding.  37.   And I could never do 10 minutes even at 18.

To actually answer the question.  I think 2-3 days between lifting... at least for me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top