Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/2/2007 2:16:00 PM EDT
Where is a good source of how to use and where to buy kettlebells?
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 5:59:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I bought my kettlebells from http://www.gillathletics.com/

http://www.muscledriverusa.com/ has them a little cheaper, but I've never dealt with them.

I actually saw kettlebells at Dicks a couple days ago, so you may want to check their prices to see if they'd be cheaper still with no shipping.

For training, there's tons of stuff out there and finally some more is getting published.  If Dick's is carrying them now then maybe they are getting mainstream enough to find books at barnes & noble some day.  The only book I've read is Pavel's "Enter the Kettlebell" which gives a decent overview.

The only kettlebell exercise that I hadn't seen before as a normal exercise is the swing.  Every other exercise is a normal exercise, such as a clean and press.  The difference with kettlebells is that the balance is all different which makes the exercises more challenging, and with most exercises you can do the same exercise holding the kettlebell different ways to change how it works your body.  
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 5:47:42 AM EDT
[#2]
A few weeks ago I posted about my training plan and someone (can't remember who - sorry) suggested looking at kettlebells.

So after surfing around I found these sites to be informative:

www.sport-fitness-advisor.com/kettlebell-exercises.html

www.strengthcats.com/DWphakettlebells.htm

kettlebell-training.com/archives/doe-manmaker-us-department-of-energy-ket-110.html

There are more, but I got the most out of those three.

As far as where to purchase kettlebells, I havn't got that far yet. The holidays are putting a bite on my disposable income.

Link Posted: 12/3/2007 9:45:17 AM EDT
[#3]

Bodybuilding.com has an excellent list of kettlebell workouts.

www.bodybuilding.com/fun/kettlebells.htm

I bought Ader brand kettlebells. They are very well made, good finish, no rough spots. I purchased them from Berry's Barbells in Columbus, Ohio.

Warning - kettlebells are ADDICTIVE. I'm not sure what it is about them, but I love mine, and would never do without them again.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top