Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/11/2007 7:24:27 AM EDT
I'm 5'8" 207lbs.  My scale is all over the place for my body fat 29-33.  I think i need a new scale because I don't think it's rated for body building.

Last night I got my 1 rep max on flat bench to 300lbs and a 3rep max right before that at 290lbs.

Heaviest dumbell press I've done so far is 120lbs.  The gym only goes as high as 125lbs.

Now I need to work on my biceps and calves and start repping out my chest to 225-250 x 10 reps x 3 sets.

Hardwarz
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 11:29:37 PM EDT
[#1]
I would guess your BF is no where near that high. However, depending on your "genetics" (yeah I know), you can still have a pretty high BF and be strong.

I was 250 (6'0) and decently strong--less than your flat bench though-- (375 on a hammer strength--not the same as flat bench).

I have been trying to lower my BF, I would guess that I was approx. 20% at 250. Now I am 226 and I can't lift as much as a tiny little girl (hammer strength 250). I would guess my BF is 15-16%?

So, In a nutshell, yeah...I have no F***ing clue and I am basically just "talking to talk".
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 1:03:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Post a pic and I can tell you if the scale is right or not.  They are usually damned close.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top