Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/2/2007 8:46:58 AM EDT
Does anyone have a recommendation on one that you have or like?

I'm looking to get one in addition to my treadmill for some better low impact workouts.

I had a $2,000 Trek road bike but sold it due to not wanting to ride with traffic anymore and the hassle of loading it, driving somewhere to ride, etc.  I spent 1/3 of my time loading/unloading and driving to the riding spots.

Would like something that takes clip on shoes and that I can ride in 30 minute runs at a time and work up to an hour run.  

Would like to stay in the $700 or less price range if that's doable.
Link Posted: 10/2/2007 5:47:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Too late now, but I would have just spent another $200-$300 on a good stationary trainer and kept the road bike.

Around here there have been some good deals on used spin bikes coming out of gyms.  Ask around at local fitness centers and bike shops - gyms sometimes hire bike shop mechs to take care of their spin bikes.
Link Posted: 10/2/2007 5:48:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Shoulda kept the road bike, and bought a Computrainer.  They are great.
Link Posted: 10/2/2007 9:33:08 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Shoulda kept the road bike, and bought a Computrainer.  They are great.

For $1650 it better wipe the sweat off my nuts when I'm done....

I'd be real happy if I could find a good recumbent bike for under a grand.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 2:23:51 PM EDT
[#4]
An inexpensive real bike on a good quality trainer will be better than a $700 spinning bike, with the added benefit of being a real bike.

That said, Lemond makes a good "spinning" bike. Good price here:
eBay guy who can't spell
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 2:26:44 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
For $1650 it better wipe the sweat off my nuts when I'm done....

Yeah, it's expensive.

But I think they're the best.

Has factory programs, and you can build your own programs into it.

Mine finally shit the bed after this last move - guess it was almost 10 years old.  Had kinda 'nintendo' quality graphics.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top