Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/15/2007 7:03:19 PM EDT
Anybody on this diet?

I've been doing a lot of research, and it seems almost too good to be true.  I love red meat!! and cheese!!! and eggs!!!  And I can have lasagna on the weekends!!!  
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 5:48:27 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Anybody on this diet?

I've been doing a lot of research, and it seems almost too good to be true.  I love red meat!! and cheese!!! and eggs!!!  And I can have lasagna on the weekends!!!  

It's a cyclical ketogenic diet.  The downside to the traditional ketogenic diet (Atkins) is that it's difficult to do intensive physical activity while on the diet, because your body wants to use carbs as fuel.  A lot of bodybuilders will use the cyclical ketogenic diet because it allows them to be in ketosis (the state in which your body burns fat for food) during most of the week, then to carb up and workout intensely on the weekend.

It's a hard diet to follow correctly (to ensure that you are in and out of ketosis at the right times).

What you are saying you like to eat would make me worry about cholesterol.  If you have elevated cholesterol now, you should talk to a doctor before doing this diet.  If you don't know if you have elevated cholesterol, you should go see a doctor and check.
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 7:14:42 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

What you are saying you like to eat would make me worry about cholesterol.  If you have elevated cholesterol now, you should talk to a doctor before doing this diet.  If you don't know if you have elevated cholesterol, you should go see a doctor and check.

No cholesterol issues here.  I don't have the ability to refute your statements, but from everything I've read (his book, body builders I know, and info from bodybuilding forums) you're not exactly correct.  And to be honest, my carb ups would be alot cleaner than just lasagna all day.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top