Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/21/2007 1:26:35 PM EDT
I just got my first MP3 player (ipod shuffle, love it) and the little ear bud headphones aren't going to do it for me.

They're not going to very well stay in my ears when I run, and I'm not too keen on them pumping sound into my ear canal while my big head throbs from the workout.

I've used THESE in the past and they sound great and seem to last forever.  You guys or gals have any suggestions or success with others?
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 12:37:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I have been lucky I have used the ones that come with my Ipod shuffle for years.
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 12:50:13 PM EDT
[#2]
get the type that clip on the ear, with full circle speakers. i wear headphones while working 8 hours a day almost every day. they last and they work great when very active. any type of headband or neckband type get real annoying real fast.

shopping.yahoo.com/p:Panasonic%20RP-HS48-K%20Headphones:1994141666;_ylt=AgDK8P.acAZNPCmFEMXk621hMI8C;_ylu=X3oDMTBuMjhlNG1sBF9zAzU3NjkwMzU3BGx0AzQEc2VjA3Ny?clink=dmss//ctx=sc:cheadphone,c:cheadphone,mid:59,pid:1994141666,pdid:59,pos:14

edit: plus these will fit in your pocket.
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 3:29:32 PM EDT
[#3]
By far the best bass and sound from behind the head types I have used has been the Koss KSC55.  My only problem is they tend to pinch me at the bones behind my ears.  Everyone complains about this for these too but they are under $20 and smoke every other headphones I have used that are similarly designed as far as sound.  More bass, louder, clearer, and they take serious abuse.

Sony is far more comfortable as far as the band behind the neck not pinching your head but they just suck comparing the actual sound.  I have used the Koss with 2 different Rio MP3 players and now my ipod shuffle.  Try before you buy but if the pinching does not bother you they never come off and sound WONDERFUL.
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 4:12:18 PM EDT
[#4]
I picked up some SONY running headphones just the other day to replace the ones I have worn out.  The are full circle around the back of the ear and the speaker faces backwards into the ear canal, I got them at wal-mart for around 16 bucks.  They are blue and silver and came in a white package with plastic sealant.

I've used them for about 3 weeks now and 60+ miles and they are doing just great.
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 4:17:53 PM EDT
[#5]
You want the best earbuds? Shure E4C's hands down. However, they cost as much as most mp3 players ($225-$275)...
Link Posted: 4/23/2007 4:01:26 AM EDT
[#6]
I had the same issue with the stock earbuds.  Tried the Apple upgraded earbuds with ability to change ear plug size (3 different sizes) -- also did not work out -- found I continually had to keep pushing them in while at the gym.  Finally got a pair of Shure SE210s at Best Buy for about $150 and they work like a charm.  Great sound, better blocking out of other stuff going on so you can keep them at a lower level and still get full sound and of course with the 10 or so tips they include for different ears they dont tend to work out of the ear canal when you get sweaty.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top