Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/14/2006 7:42:57 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 8:08:54 AM EDT
[#1]
There is a million approaches to fitness, and how do you know she doesnt just want some company subconciously?
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 8:41:13 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Ive been noticing this one trainer/client combo at my gym for about a week now.  This guy doesnt seem to have any method to his exercises that he has the female client doing.  Just a bunch of random, non correlating exercises while he stands there and does a half assed job of motivating her.  I dont know what the going rate is, as I have never used a trainer but I am assuming it cant be less than $35 an hour.
Should I pull her aside and ask her whats going on and recommend she drop this guy or am I stepping out of my lane here?

yes stay away from drama
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 8:53:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 2:08:24 PM EDT
[#4]
You bet some are useless. The majority in my gym seem to be simple motivators and "introduction" to the sport diplomats of lifting and staying in shape. Its mostly women and married couples that hire them. For 20 1 hr visits the rate is 900.00 up front. I asked one if he had his CSCS? he said....How'ed you know about that? so I'd also expect its people not familar w/ the gym as a whole that are advised to seek out a PTrainers.The ones @ the gym I frequent get 60.00 a hr. a % goes to the gym.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 3:34:34 PM EDT
[#5]
I am sure there are "bad" trainers...are you sure about this guy?  I used to look down on anybody that would use a personal trainer, until I used a good one.  He kicks my ass every Saturday morning for 30 minutes for $20.  Usually he does different stuff with me, so my body doesn't have a chance to adapt, and so I don't get stale.  He is going to Florida train a Division 1 football program in a few weeks for the summer...so I am going to lose his services for a while and maybe forever.

I'd stay out of this unless you are looking to hit on this gal.

dvo  
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 6:08:27 PM EDT
[#6]
I am sure he has a method of his exercises. I would guess the exercises he picks are the best ones for him to check out her thong thats hanging out of her tight ass, Or her cleveage she sports when she bends over or her camel toe thru her tights.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 7:16:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 5:09:08 PM EDT
[#8]
I think most people who pay way too much for personal trainers are actually paying to motivate themselves to go to the gym, then someone there acts like their mom and forces them to do chores.  I suppose it's their money, but . . .

Anyway, in terms of actual help with programs and techniques or whatever, in most gyms you can find people who will gladly advise you without charging you.  They may not be your mother/drill instructor, but they can tell you what you need to know.

Most people who succeed in the long term at lifting or bodybuilding or any kind of fitness routine are internally motivated.  The people who need the crutch of someone forcing them to exercise usually don't do so well once they get on their own.  I suppose if they can afford the trainer indefinitely it's not a problem, but most people can't.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top