Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/27/2006 11:02:33 AM EDT
I've quit smoking about two weeks now. I've started running a mile to two miles a day. Pushups, situps etc.

What type of workout routine should I be doing everyday? No access to weights or a gym yet.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 1:24:06 PM EDT
[#1]
You really do not need weights yet ! gallon of milk is 8lbs IIRC do S L O W curls and other stuff w/2 of those. You say ONLY2weeks........Keep running!www.exrx.netEveryday....I do spinal cord strengenthening which is compromised of ALOT of leg work and  stretching,twisting,bending,isometric-tension
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 2:02:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Run.  Push hard.  Try to run a mile as fast as you can.  Try to beat that record.  Do this for the 2 miles.  ect.

Pushups twice a week, if that.  (Mon and Fri?).  Do 3 sets, each set until exhaustion.

I usually let my muscles heal a week before using em again.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 3:12:20 PM EDT
[#3]
I would do some wall sits for your legs. crunches for the abs. pushups at differing angles for the chest and tris. Try to get into a gym when you can. It will make a big difference.

www.wannabebig.com
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 4:42:35 AM EDT
[#5]
So summertime is coming,  why don't you build yourself a backyard gym.

Get yourself a tractor tire to flip.  This is an all body workout.

Get a hunk of rope and tie it up in a tree and climb it.  A great upper body workout

Get a piece of 6" plastic pipe about 8 ft. long, and a couple of glue on ends.  Fill it with rocks or concrete and carry it around.  An empty beer keg filled with water also works nice.

Push the car around for a while.  

You don't really need to go to a gym.  All you need to do is get motivated.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top