Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/22/2006 2:25:57 PM EDT
I was listening to some sports show on the way to work, some basketball player getting interviewed was talking about how John Stockton always had a certain food routing that he followed throughout the season which attributed to his peak performance on the court.

Is there really such a way you can string meals together to maximize performence at a scheduled time, and start all over again after the physical activity is over?

Link Posted: 3/22/2006 2:28:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes you can. However one must considder what type of activity will be taking place and for how long. If one were to run a marathon they would want to take in more slowly digesting carbs than some one who is going into the gym to lift for 45min to an hour.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 4:00:33 PM EDT
[#2]
He might be one of those guys who eats a bunch of green vegetables which act to help buffer blood acids.  Randy Cotoure did this for his MMA training.  It will make a VERY small difernce and is not worth the effort unless you are a competative athlete IMO.  99.9% of people would get better results by doing something simple like more cardio or improving their BF%.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 6:41:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes, anyone really serious about fitness will have some sort of nutritional plan.  Personally I have a plan that is not as strenous as some but I eat every 2-3 hrs and depending on weither Im trying to bulk  or cut I will change my diet from 5100 cals a day to when I cut, 2000-2500.  Here is an example of how much of an exact science it can be.  

This is taken from Jay Cutler the #2 Bodybuilder in the world

Pre-Workout   ThermoShed (3 capsules)

Cardio 45 minute cardio session.

Meal 1 20 egg whites, 2 whole eggs, 1 cup of steel cut oats, GAKIC (8 caplets).

Train Training session.

Meal 2 2 scoops of Nitro-Tech, 1 cup of steel cut oats.

Meal 3 12 ounces of top round steak, green beans, onions.

Meal 4 16 ounces of flounder, green beans.

Meal 5 16 ounces of flounder, half cup of steel cut oats, green beans.

Pre-Workout ThermoShed (3 capsules)

Cardio 30 minute cardio session.

Meal 6 16 ounces of flounder, 2 cups of asparagus.

Meal 7 16 ounces of flounder, Acetabolan III (4 capsules).

Granted this guy is 264lbs at 3% bf at competition, but you get the idea of how exact diet can get in the serious athelete.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top