Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/14/2006 4:32:27 PM EDT
I am think about getting a Stability ball to work out with. I am long distance runner and I am looking to improve my core muscle strength. I am currently doing dumbell work 2 days a week. Pushups, Curls, Military press and laying on my back tricep extension.

So I am thinking about getting the ball to do all these exercises with it plus adding bench press and roman chair situps. So what do you guys think? What else can I do with it?
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 6:07:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Here's some basic stuff:  link

The different crunches will help your core strength quite a bit.  You also might consider the good old fashioned medicine ball for additional core strengthening.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 6:44:31 PM EDT
[#2]
They might not be considdered manly, but those darn things will give you a workout.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 7:05:26 AM EDT
[#3]
I sometimes workout ONLY w/the sissel balls! I must be turning gay!
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 11:03:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Yeah...I use my son's trainer for 30 minutes a week.  I asked him to help me build my core strength.  He got me started on the stability balls and I even got one for home use.  At first I was pretty leery of using one.  Was afraid I'd maybe fall off of it at the gym in front of everyone, but that didn't happen.

Mainly I think we do chest press, military press and crunches on the ball.  The press movements are done with dumbbells.  My son sometimes does push-ups with his hands on the ball.  That exercise is pretty tough.  One time the trainer had me lay on the ball, stomach down and alternately kick back with each leg.  Not too sure about that exercise.

dvo
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 8:46:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Well I went and got one. I did 5 sets of push ups on it, 2 sets of bench press with really light weight, 2 sets of Military press with light weight and a set of curls. I wanted to take it easy the first time with it. Boy were my abs sore the next day.  

Satruday I am going to do it again. 3 days between workouts should be enough time for recovery.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 6:23:52 PM EDT
[#6]
My balls keep me pretty stable.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 1:54:52 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
My balls keep me pretty stable.

^^
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 1:59:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Hello everyone,

I was checking my server log files and noticed that I was getting visits from ar15 and discovered that on 3/14/06, Lester Burnham had posted my web site’s link in the fitness section pointing to the stability ball workout.

I’ve noticed that several visitors come to my site to check out the stability ball workout.

So, I’ve created a short e-book called, Stability Ball Training: "Winning The Fat Loss War Working Out Only 20 Minutes A Day!"

It’s available for free!

It contains a lot more information in it than what I have posted on the web site.

The e-book is available for download on the home page.

Hope you all enjoy.

Rodrick Etienne
Certified Personal Trainer 2

P.S. I’ll be posting answers to posts often as I can, because being a personal trainer along with all of my other commitments, there never seems to be enough time in the day.

I hope this e-book helps.Herewww.worldfitnessinternational.com
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 8:14:57 PM EDT
[#9]
So how are these things help people that plays sports, or already in good shape.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:32:08 AM EDT
[#10]
So did we just recruit Rodrick to AR15.com?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top