Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/10/2006 8:17:30 PM EDT
I am an LEO looking to get bigger arms and chest.  I use creatine and protein supplements taking each twice a day, before and after workout.

Any advice on some ways to get bigger arms and chest.  Looking at some different workouts and a way to make my arms equal.  I have one arm atleast an inch or inch and half bigger than the other.

I do bi's and tri's twice a week and chest workout once a week.  shoulders and back once and legs once.  I do cardio 4 days a week after my workout.

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 5:47:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Use a flat bench with dumbells you can handle.  Make your initial bench press lift, then cross your feet & bring your kness to your chest.  This will put the small of your back absolutely flat on the bench.  Since your legs are not giving you any support, your lift has to be perfectly balanced.  This isolates the tris & pecs.  I'm not a doctor or a nutritionist, but I did ask a doctor about creatine & protein suppliments.   This guy specializes in nutrition.  He told me not to use them & he has a great deal of trouble getting his patients to consume less protein.  According to him, even world-class athletes require less protein than you'd think.  I tried them myself-I was a non-responder.  FWIW
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 4:31:26 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Use a flat bench with dumbells you can handle.  Make your initial bench press lift, then cross your feet & bring your kness to your chest.  This will put the small of your back absolutely flat on the bench.  Since your legs are not giving you any support, your lift has to be perfectly balanced.  This isolates the tris & pecs.  I'm not a doctor or a nutritionist, but I did ask a doctor about creatine & protein suppliments.   This guy specializes in nutrition.  He told me not to use them & he has a great deal of trouble getting his patients to consume less protein.  According to him, even world-class athletes require less protein than you'd think.  I tried them myself-I was a non-responder.  FWIW

I have read of several studies that state .7g/lb. of protein per day is enough. I an lazy and like to round up to 1g/lb./day. However the muscle sparing effects of whey and casin protein have been well documented when trying to loose weight. When I am in a cutting phase I like to get about 1.25-1.5g/lb./day. That seems to really help too.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 5:14:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Are you doing any upper back work?  How about core work?  Your body won't let the bi's, tri's and chest get bigger unless the upper back can support it.  
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 5:56:38 PM EDT
[#4]
I know a guy at my gym that does chest every day(5 days a week) and he's in pretty damned good shape. You could try that, or get a spotter and go heavy atleast once every 2 weeks, and do chest atkeast twice a week maybe 3 !

Link Posted: 3/13/2006 3:43:28 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Are you doing any upper back work?  How about core work?  Your body won't let the bi's, tri's and chest get bigger unless the upper back can support it.  

Yes i do full body throughout the week, different muscle group every day
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 11:06:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Do you squat?
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 11:20:21 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I am an LEO looking to get bigger arms and chest.  I use creatine and protein supplements taking each twice a day, before and after workout.

Any advice on some ways to get bigger arms and chest.  Looking at some different workouts and a way to make my arms equal.  I have one arm atleast an inch or inch and half bigger than the other.

I do bi's and tri's twice a week and chest workout once a week.  shoulders and back once and legs once.  I do cardio 4 days a week after my workout.

Thanks

Wear 2-4 t-shirts, you'll look bigger.

Do you want bigger muscles? Or to be stonger? Or healthier?

2x per week for small muscle groups seems like a lot.

Tri's do dips, lots of dips.
Bi's do curls, no cheating, good form. 12-15 reps.

Chest, for strenght

Bench press

2 sets at 6 X ?
2 sets at 4 X ?

? = as much weight as you can just do for both sets.

Your workouts should always change a little, different excercises, more weight, higher reps, etc. Doing the same workout every single time will not help after your body gets used to it.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 11:22:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Push-ups, with varying arm positions (close/wide/normal)???
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 4:11:33 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Push-ups, with varying arm positions (close/wide/normal)???

Sure you can, but with gym equipment(More resistance) these should be used as supplemental, like for HIITS.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top