Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/27/2005 10:53:41 AM EDT
I just came to a realization, an understanding if you would. After being out of Martial Arts for 1.5yrs due to an excruciating injury, I feel it is time to go back. That is all, unless you wanna know what i did to myself.
When i was in the Navy i had a back accident during a line handling evolution which resulted in the dislocation of my right hip. Apparently i had made a wrong move in class, the ending result was my hip slipping out of joint and tearing through my glutius maximus (yer ass muscle if you dont know). The pain was horrendous, it kept me up for a solid 24hrs, pain so bad i was practically puking. Finally i went to the ER and they ordered an MRI. You could see the tear in the tissue and fluid build up surrounding it. It took months to heal and a few weeks on crutches. Not to mention some good pain meds.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 6:58:27 AM EDT
[#1]
What style are you planning on taking up again?  Same as before, or something different?
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 11:53:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Maybe the same. Kung Fu - Northern Praying Mantis to be exact.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 11:56:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Cool, good luck.  It's always kind of intimidating coming back from an injury, and I've never had anything THAT serious.  Doc give you the OK?  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top