Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2005 1:26:21 PM EDT
What's a good brand and cost range? I think I want an electric one, not one with a fan. Beyond that I don't know.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 10:20:50 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a Linex X588 Recumbent, it is very nice and very cheap for what it is.  It is smooth and has several different workouts.  Also, it is magnetic resistant, I wouldn't get anything that isn't magnetic. schwins are nice but you are gogint o pay way more.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 10:33:55 AM EDT
[#2]
I have had a Schwinn Air-Dyne for several years.  I am closing in on 6000 miles on it.  It is a very nice machine.

I like it much better than the Life-Cycle machines.

It is loud, though (because of the fan).  I found a cheap pair of noise canceling headphones at Walmart for $35.

I don't know the current price but they are not cheap.  But as they say, you get what you pay for.

Don't forget to check out the classified section of your newspaper.  People buy them with good intentions and end up using them as a clothes hanger.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 1:32:53 PM EDT
[#3]
You might want to consider either a wind trainer or mag trainer to use with your regular bike.  It is one less big piece of equipment sitting around the house.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 5:45:44 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
You might want to consider either a wind trainer or mag trainer to use with your regular bike.  It is one less big piece of equipment sitting around the house.

+1

I have a fluid resistance trainer that  attaches onto my rear wheel.  IT works very well for the times I can't ger out and do the miles on the road.  Stores very compactly.   Stable enough to do hard intervals.

Link Posted: 9/23/2005 5:52:38 AM EDT
[#5]
the only thing I know about stationaries is they are boring.
I use rollers when it's snowing out
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 1:20:17 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Another vote for a wind/magneteic/fluid trainer if you have a decent bicycle.  Cheaper than a separate stationary bike.

I have used all wind/mag/fluid (current) trainers as well as rollers and rollers with wind resistance fans.  To me anything is preferable to Lifecycles.  Put it in front of the TV and spin away.  Use a fan to help keep you cool.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top