Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/7/2005 2:09:23 PM EDT
Right now I need to be able to bench 98% of my body weight.  I have 6 weeks before this needs to be done and right now I am putting up 160 once with no problem.  I need to get that to at least 180 but want to get to 200.  So is it possible to get 40 more pounds in 6 weeks and if so please let me know what to do.  Thank you  
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 3:23:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Is this for a police academy or something?  lots of weight low reps.  Don't neglect the rest of your body.  I've seen guys go up 35lbs in a month.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:24:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Make sure your bench tecnique is good. Go to a local gym and see if a power lifter can share some tips on the proper bench tecnique.

Be careful not to over train while working towards your goal.

In addition to the actual bench monement, you should work to develop the supporting muscles. Triceps and shoulders help in the movement.

As someone else mentioned low reps and heavy weights. What is your requirement? 1RM or something different?

FWIW supplements may help YMMV.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:12:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes it is for the academy and it will be just one rep max....So I am off to the gym again in the morning with a few new things I found today...but any help would be great
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top