Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/19/2005 4:04:19 AM EDT
Unfortunetly, I do not have the opportunity to have a water bottle or anything near me during the night while I'm at work.  I've been drinking water on my breaks and at lunch, but when I get home, I feel like I need to drink another half-gallon's worth of water to quit feeling thirsty.

Suggestions?
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 8:08:20 AM EDT
[#1]
What kind of work do you do? I am lucky enough to make sure I have my travel mug with me that I keep filling up. Will a camel back work for you?
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 4:33:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Stocking shelves at walmart  (yeah, its a shitty job....but it does pay the bills, and keeps me from having to move back in with my parents).  The job IS doing wonders for my lack-of-excercise -- walked almost 10 miles last night, at least half of it carrying 30+ lbs at a time.

While I have a camelback, using a camelback at work is out of the question
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 5:59:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Try to hydrate as much as you can before you go in for your shift. Or any time your not at work for that matter. You may have to use the bathroom a little more, but it should carry you through your shift.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 6:58:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Why won't they let you carry a water bottle at Wal*Mart?  That makes no sense.  If you need your hands free and can't put it somewhere, you could wear it on your belt.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 8:58:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Just open up a bottle of what ever you are stocking. How about one of those fanny pack camel back things.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 12:30:04 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Try to hydrate as much as you can before you go in for your shift. Or any time your not at work for that matter. You may have to use the bathroom a little more, but it should carry you through your shift.

Started doing that, it seems to help quite a bit.

As to the rest, mostly because the store manager is a bitch, and I'm tired of getting yelled at over stupid stuff.  The water bottle comes out on her nights off though
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 8:43:53 AM EDT
[#7]
If you have medical go see the doc and tell him that you feel dehydrated at work due to the strenuous excercise. He will probably write a note saying that you MUST have water on you while you work.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top