Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/4/2005 6:35:43 PM EDT
I've been playing collegiate rugby now for a couple of years, just wondering if there were any other ruggers on the site.

Link Posted: 8/5/2005 8:45:55 AM EDT
[#1]
I played in college at EIU.  We had a pretty good team, we would always win are conferance and go to the NCAA tournament and loss. I played mostly hooker and some prop strong side.  We played the Argentina natioanl traveling team once, I was on the A side.  The first half it was three trys to one, which i thought was pretty resepctful.  However we put our B side in for the second half and they must have turned it up a notch, i think they scored 8 or 9 trys that half.  However the next weekend we won the Horns at the all fools tournament at SIU.  Natioanl rules and college rules are different, meaning nobody waits around for your guys it get ready in the scrum.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 10:34:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Hooker, Prop here too.

Life Univesity, USA Super League.

We won it all a few years ago.

We have had lots of players play for the Eagles.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 2:02:53 PM EDT
[#3]
I have rugby to thank for my cycling/triathlon career.  One season of intramural rugby at USNA was enough to convince me that if I wanted to remain physically qualified to fly I would need to find a new sport (cycling).
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 8:37:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 4:28:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Played tight head prop for the Columbia outlaws until injuries started to accumulate. Concussions...  and I would still be hurting from last weekend when this weekend's match started...

Just got too damn old...

I still miss having blood stream from my crumpled ears as I hear guys screaming as I raked my boot across their forehead...

GOD I love RUGBY
A word of advice for old RUGGERS:     There are only so many miles in a set of knees..... and... the ball WILL come back...

PITSNIPE OUT
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 2:27:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Cool .
Frontline seems to be the preferred position for most of the guys around here then. Its good to hear that other people around here have had the great experience of playing rugby and even more so, the party afterwards. If you haven't played you probably won't know what I'm talking about
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top